「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 9, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #7,711 of 177,747
@b1o
But we encompas alll asian music and not jist anime but manwha as well.

@musiclover
You should talk to the admins!!

@griff

I viewed it all on my phone. I could only see the swords :)
Whats your favorite manga? Im more of a manga person

@kuroda
Clamp and tests do not match, believe me!

May 9, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #7,712 of 177,747
Quote:
@b1o
But we encompas alll asian music and not jist anime but manwha as well.

@musiclover
You should talk to the admins!!

@griff

I viewed it all on my phone. I could only see the swords
smily_headphones1.gif

Whats your favorite manga? Im more of a manga person

@kuroda

Not just anime but mainly japanese.
Asian music includes many things that we don't talk about and we only talk about japanese anime and manga, there are actually a lot of non-japanese asian anime and manga out there (especially manga). 

I'm currently designing my mini vocaloid stage in a 3D CAD software, how's your setup going?

May 9, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #7,714 of 177,747
Quote:
I know what you mean, I fell asleep at around 20:00 yesterday and watched only 1 anime...

Sigh, for me it will be a lesson:"Never lie down on your back and never close your eyes if you watch anime or doing anything else on your bed."

Quote:
@kuroda

Well, I still have a right to make mistakes. 
tongue.gif
 Jk, only 3 episodes are left so I think it's safe to finish it.

May 9, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #7,715 of 177,747
Quote:
Quote:
I know what you mean, I fell asleep at around 20:00 yesterday and watched only 1 anime...

Sigh, for me it will be a lesson:"Never lie down on your back and never close your eyes if you watch anime or doing anything else on your bed."

Quote:
@kuroda

Well, I still have a right to make mistakes. 
tongue.gif
 Jk, only 3 episodes are left so I think it's safe to finish it.

how do you like xxx? I found it kinda boring and didn't really like the art (noodle people lol).

May 9, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #7,717 of 177,747
Quote:

Neat read, nothing really new though just stuff I heard in Pysch from my instrcutor [he was good instructor] and yea the point is valid. Enjoy what have when you have it, and if you aiming for something better... countinue to enjoy the old
Quote:
Overall, it is fine. Nothing special as I said before. Lol, yeah, the art is just... However, after Kanon Original and Clannd Movie I can tolerate everything. 
biggrin.gif

Oh mai >.>, after watching so many 240p streaming episodes of Naruto and Bleach when I was a middle schooler, I to can tolerate those weird art styles! 

May 9, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #7,719 of 177,747
Quote:
You missed my top post I edited
smily_headphones1.gif
Just wondering soecifically the atmosphere of it :/
You should get a smartphone so you can view this thread while out

Ah...

I should. I'm probably going to get myself a Windows or Android smartphone in high school if my mom won't buy it. I just hope it has a decent audio chip in it so listening to music won't be a PITA. A LOD would be nice too.

On the other hand I can get a tablet with 3G/4G. 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
How was the memorial really? I live right near the state section to New York but havent gone recently. Its close so maybe...... Nah. Ill go when the headphone shop opens
smily_headphones1.gif

I thought it was beautiful. It was very clean and the place is absolutely minimalistic!
Quote:
lol, I should really get a phone soon...
but I find the phone bills and payment really annoying since I rarely use it.

This...

and this. I basically never use a phone. I might as well get a cheap phone I can use as a hotspot and get a tablet to use. Bigger screen and more power. Which reminds me, they shrunk I believe a 42nm (somewhere in the 40nm range) ARM A9 Cortex V7 (I think this was the chip) chip down to 28nm over at TMSC and overclocked it to 3GHz. Gotta love ARM.
Quote:
Lol, I think my school's dumb, I recently received my report card, and it said that I didn't get into math honors. I spoke with my counsellor and teacher 4 weeks before hand asking them about honors. I've been getting 100 percent in term 1 & 2 but they didn't let me in?? Instead my friend got in with only 95!!! My reaction was:

I've already learnt all of grade 9&10 math so I don't want to re-learn everything AGAIN!!!

O.o

Happened to me. Even if I got into the highest class here, I would still be relearning 1 year of math. I like Asian education because they're always ahead.
Quote:
LOL, what are math honors?
Like a special class that teaches math in a harder difficulty?

@hybird
Shouldn't the thread name be "Japanese Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge"?
Since we don't talk about other asian anime, manga or music? (well except for those times with "少女時代")

A little surprised you don't know, but then again, not everybody has knowledge of high school.

Classes are divided among 3 levels, Standard, Advanced, and Honors (standard being the lowest, honors being the highest). It is based on difficulty. It separates advanced and...non advanced students so they usually learn at different paces. Some Honors classes are very easy though because the teachers know you're ahead and go normal on you which is great if other classes are killing you.

It was, but we've started to talk about some Korean music and such (that discussion ended awhile ago) so I might as well change it. I could change it back and place "Other Asian Music accepted in conversations" to the OP but not many people read the OP.

少女時代

O.o

That's a little awkward but true.

May 9, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #7,720 of 177,747
Quote:
Neat read, nothing really new though just stuff I heard in Pysch from my instrcutor [he was good instructor] and yea the point is valid. Enjoy what have when you have it, and if you aiming for something better... countinue to enjoy the old
Oh mai >.>, after watching so many 240p streaming episodes of Naruto and Bleach when I was a middle schooler, I to can tolerate those weird art styles! 

Lol, don't remind me about those old days with Bleach and Naruto...>.<

It was really hard to watch Kanon Original after I watched the Remake one. Usually I always watch original first, and only then remakes. However, with this anime I didn't regret about my choice although I was suffering when watching the original one. The art is simply killing me, and the face of main character has deserved the title "The most annoying and stupid face ever". 

May 9, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #7,722 of 177,747
Quote:
Quote:
LOL, what are math honors?
Like a special class that teaches math in a harder difficulty?

@hybird
Shouldn't the thread name be "Japanese Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge"?
Since we don't talk about other asian anime, manga or music? (well except for those times with "少女時代")

A little surprised you don't know, but then again, not everybody has knowledge of high school.

Classes are divided among 3 levels, Standard, Advanced, and Honors (standard being the lowest, honors being the highest). It is based on difficulty. It separates advanced and...non advanced students so they usually learn at different paces. Some Honors classes are very easy though because the teachers know you're ahead and go normal on you which is great if other classes are killing you.

It was, but we've started to talk about some Korean music and such (that discussion ended awhile ago) so I might as well change it. I could change it back and place "Other Asian Music accepted in conversations" to the OP but not many people read the OP.

少女時代

O.o

That's a little awkward but true.

Its nothing to be surprised about considering I don't use the american school system.
In IB you start at Year1 (age 5) all the way to Year13 (age 18) and its divided into 3 main levels: PYP (Year1-6), MYP (Year7-11) and DP (Year12-13).
For maths we have something similar in IB DP, except its called "Standard Studies", "Standard Level" and "Higher Level" (In order of difficulty.)

May 9, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #7,724 of 177,747
@jgray
Thanks for the read :)

Wow that made me go :0 and produced results i see often. I often go :frowning2: sonetimes but switching headphones from my collection fixes everything :)

@griff
Then why the bookshelf :)

Any new shows youve been watching?
Accel world and sankarea are standouts as they exceeded general bad expectations by a lot and i like them :)
As of current E7 ao is doing ok to good but isnt bringing back the cool dude atmosphere of the first :frowning2:

@hybrid
I like minimalism :) ill check out the memorial when i go check out the new headphone shop :)

Tablet is useless for most purposes.

It depend on what type of portable audiophile you want to be. If you want a minimalistic just headphone out setup then either iphone or samsung android will do(samsung android is a bit ahead here as many like voodoo coloration) if you like big headphones and to go audiophile while out, then a iphone.

@kuroda
It was hard yeah... But i still braved both remakes of kanon nonetheless. Why? I wantedto see if anything changed. It wasnt a waste of time as i had nothing to do, but i wouldnt do it today

May 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #7,725 of 177,747
Its nothing to be surprised about considering I don't use the american school system.

In IB you start at Year1 (age 5) all the way to Year13 (age 18) and its divided into 3 main levels: PYP (Year1-6), MYP (Year7-11) and DP (Year12-13).
For maths we have something similar in IB DP, except its called "Standard Studies", "Standard Level" and "Higher Level" (In order of difficulty.)

There is also 'Math Extended Standard', but don't know any schools in which they actually teach that.
They don't teach Computer Science either at my school, which is really to bad if you ask me. I'd rather have CS Higher Level as my 7th subject than Spanish. :p

No music, design technology, drama or psychology either in DP. :frowning2:

And DP is Grade 11-12 in Europe, at least. Grade 1 starts at age 6.
Which is different yet again from the Dutch system, which starts at age 4 and has up to Grade 14. >.<

Anyway, one more exam (physics) and I'm done with studying. Also have economics, Spanish, and Dutch left, but I don't feel like actually studying for those.

MARATHON, HERE I COME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back