「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 3, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #4,051 of 177,750

Quote:
i tend to forget my birthday when it comes. usually people remind it's my birthday cause i always have ton of other things on my mind. last year i forgot so when i came home and saw i cake i assumed it was someone else's birthday(i forget birthdays big time) and they told me it was mine lol. my brithday is not big deal to me. all it means is i'm just getting older.

I remember mine because to me it's a day of suffering.

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #4,052 of 177,750
I don't bother with Physx. I have an AMD graphics card and even if I could bypass some things and get physx I wouldn't do it anyway. I want stable fps.

Golden Boy? Will check it out

Rant time. I have always read people that pirate games say that it's due to crappy support of real games. I have heard of people that have gotten the real game...but have ended up pirating it due to how crappy the support and systems of the game was... I am having that dillema right now. This paid legit copy has so many more problems and other annoying things than the pirate copy I demo'd the game on. It doesn't save. This is 80% probably due to me installing steam on my non OS drive in a different program files folder..... I would say this it the problem of the company not supporting the "other" people. I will re do it now

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #4,053 of 177,750

Quote:
I don't bother with Physx. I have an AMD graphics card and even if I could bypass some things and get physx I wouldn't do it anyway. I want stable fps.

Golden Boy? Will check it out

Rant time. I have always read people that pirate games say that it's due to crappy support of real games. I have heard of people that have gotten the real game...but have ended up pirating it due to how crappy the support and systems of the game was... I am having that dillema right now. This paid legit copy has so many more problems and other annoying things than the pirate copy I demo'd the game on. It doesn't save. This is 80% probably due to me installing steam on my non OS drive in a different program files folder..... I would say this it the problem of the company not supporting the "other" people. I will re do it now

Some people use pirating to try stuff. I don't pirate but if I get something that isn't the original or something, I get this unpure feeling. My Wii for example is one of those Japanese wii's I have. To be exact, it's a Chinese Wii with Japanese on it. It feels annoying having one that has some problems and doesn't function like a real one. It won't sync remotes with the sync button and can't read American discs so I have to purchase the disks in China which is like paying to pirate because they just get the ISO and burn it onto a disc. The only other choice I have left is to pirate for new games but I don't want to so I either pirate or buy games for full price (I'm still unhappy for spending quite a lot to get Kirby's Return to Dreamland) and rip out the ISO to put on my Wii.

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #4,054 of 177,750

Quote:
Some people use pirating to try stuff. I don't pirate but if I get something that isn't the original or something, I get this unpure feeling. My Wii for example is one of those Japanese wii's I have. To be exact, it's a Chinese Wii with Japanese on it. It feels annoying having one that has some problems and doesn't function like a real one. It won't sync remotes with the sync button and can't read American discs so I have to purchase the disks in China which is like paying to pirate because they just get the ISO and burn it onto a disc. The only other choice I have left is to pirate for new games but I don't want to so I either pirate or buy games for full price (I'm still unhappy for spending quite a lot to get Kirby's Return to Dreamland) and rip out the ISO to put on my Wii.

Our dilemma's ..... >_< The legit copy of my game is not as functional as the pirated one...wooo......

So I went to Animetake. And I saw the new Naruto SD so I checked out the comments:

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #4,057 of 177,750

Quote:
You guys think Accel World is worth watching?

http://www.animefushigi.com/anime/accel-world

Also wondering if I should pick up Tiger & Bunny.

I'm going to demo it tomorrow. The action-y plot seems....interesting. At the same time I can guess it will be one of those generic one's :/

I could never get into Tiger & Bunny. The art and plot never really made me too excited or anything.

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #4,058 of 177,750

Quote:
I'm going to demo it tomorrow. The action-y plot seems....interesting. At the same time I can guess it will be one of those generic one's :/

I could never get into Tiger & Bunny. The art and plot never really made me too excited or anything.

I thought Tiger & Bunny was okay. I watched a bit because my sister was. Not all that appealing to me. Wondering if it deserves a second shot like Steins;Gate.

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #4,059 of 177,750
"Happy birthday" just sounds like "congratulations for being one year older today than you were one year ago!" to me. It's pointlessly tautological.

Quote:
it could be. i do not know since i never played the game and as i said i been away from pc hardware for a good amount of time so my tech lingo is very off. trying to jumpstart my brain since i actually been wrapped up with audio for the past couple years instead so i can be wrong on my part and do not mind being corrected.
from my understanding the marketing of physx is new but it's way it's used is old tech and reason why cpus can't render physx and cpus shouldn't have such difficulty at all rendering physics at such a low level. if still does then it's known as bad optimization. lot of games are badly optimized so it's up to drivers and patches to optimize it better cause of whole gpu war thing, but you right bout the consoles using ati gpus able to render physx but that's cause consoles are specially optimized like crazy over pc's. here an old tom's hardware article
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/phyx-ageia-x87-sse-physics,10826.html
i don't see the reason to use physx anymore and don't understand nvidia still pushing it especially since we have open cl and direct compute. nvida did make some mistakes in the past thoug like metro 2033 where physx was able to be rendered on both ati and nvidia due to it being software based instead of hardware based, but i believe it's fix now. i believe consoles use software physx unlike hardware accelerated physx like pc so it can be a possibility why it renders better on consoles and ports as well maybe.

Ergh. No, stop being wrong.

PhysX computations are performed on the GPU specifically so that the CPU isn't involved, so that the CPU can instead spend cycles computing other things.

PhysX does this by taking advantage of CUDA cores on a GPU (which is why there's a minimum of 32 CUDA cores if you want your GPU to be able to perform PhysX calculations).

CUDA - Combined Unified Device Architecture - is entirely different from x86 architecture. This is why an x86 CPU would be bad at PhysX (aside from the fact that the PhysX drivers aren't written for CPUs at all, so the CPU can't even perform PhysX calculations at all in the first place). (It's the same reason why the Playstation 2, despite being over a decade old, still doesn't have a "perfect" software emulator - very different hardware and architecture. Meanwhile, the PS1 is comparatively easy to emulate purely in software.)

PhysX is its own instruction set, yes, based on an older instruction set yes. But if the devs of a piece of software are doing PhysX on the GPU (i.e., hardware PhysX), then it's not even relevant - to my knowledge, GPUs aren't constructed and programmed in the same way as CPUs, and don't do SSE/2/3/4 instructions (since those are CPU instruction sets).

If you're talking about software PhysX, then yeah, it's entirely possible that the devs did it wrong or that nVIDIA has poor support for it. I wouldn't know; the most significant third-party middleware I've ever worked with were OGRE and OpenGL, whose support consist mainly of having to Google instructions on performing ancient demon magic and blood-sacrifice rituals.

PhysX is still used in the industry. Metro - Last Light is going to be using it. Borderlands 2 is going to be using it. ArmA 3 is going to be using it.

-- Griffinhart

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #4,060 of 177,750
Thanks Griff. That was exactly what I thought Physx to be. I was getting a bit confused by Rex for a bit.

I think that Physx has it's good graphical moments but it's not super popular for a reason. It lowers your frame rates by a noticeable amount. And software based in game physics are beginning to replace it (CryEngine 3). I have yet to see software based physics in a game that is as noticeable as Physx's but CryEngine 3 demo's looks like it is possible.

Am redownloading Arkham City again. I messed some part of it up and couldn't salvage the steamapps common data. IT will be done in 70 minutes so I don't exactly care and AT&T has yet to enforce their 250GB data cap (It's been a year already)

Any manga you want to recommend. 

Golden boy..should I watch anime with English dub or read manga?

Any lovers for Ranama 1/2? I'm thinking about reading that

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #4,062 of 177,750

Quote:
Accel world looks really good, its just that the main character is preventing me from watching it.....can someone convince me to watch it?

I'll watch it tomorrow to convince you or not.

Bakemonogatari is weird. It;s pulling me in for a reason. Not a lot but it has it's own unique draw to it.

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #4,063 of 177,750

Quote:

Bakemonogatari is weird. It;s pulling me in for a reason. Not a lot but it has it's own unique draw to it.

I loved the monogatari series, I wonder if they will make a 3rd season after the movie, though the chances aren't really high.
frown.gif

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #4,064 of 177,750

Quote:
I loved the monogatari series, I wonder if they will make a 3rd season after the movie, though the chances aren't really high.
frown.gif

I'll need to finish the first one first.

Anyway. Makoto Shinkai. 

Voices of a Distant Star:
I loved this. The animation was blocky but it was done well. The feelings of the heroin and protaganist were just so close and genuine and pure. The feeling of loss, of distance, of want was expressed perfectly in this movie. Science, action, mental thoughts just drove this movie home. This movie got an 9.4/10 from me

The place promised in our early days:
Love triangle's of course, despite a good plot. The heroin and male's never really drove anything home. I never felt close to them or actually knew them and the ending was just a thoughtful mess. However the journey from beginning to end was a good one and thus this gets an 7.9/10

5cm per second:
Loved this. A childhood love turned to an adolescently pure lust. OF what one should have done, and the feeling of meeting the other..if even one more time. It was a fantastical snowy journey from beginning to end. Not to mention....AWESOME sound track. 10/10

The ending where the heroin found a new fiancee and love drove me to go "noo". Their pure innocent love..lost forever. With such a good ending song and a quick ending that had moved /added soo much info in so little time. It really drove it home.

Houshi o o Kodomo:
Need to watch this. It better not follow the every other pattern.

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #4,065 of 177,750

Quote:
"Happy birthday" just sounds like "congratulations for being one year older today than you were one year ago!" to me. It's pointlessly tautological.

-- Griffinhart

That's exactly what it sounds like to me. I just feel like I met a milestone that marks a year closer to my death.

Quote:
Accel world looks really good, its just that the main character is preventing me from watching it.....can someone convince me to watch it?

You are very biased when it comes to the protagonist.

Quote:

Tell me what it's like. I want to know. I'm busy so I don't have time.

Hm...I might give it a try then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back