「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #3,994 of 177,747

Quote:
I might not watch accel world because........well....the main character is fat lol.

I won't judge till I watch it. Sora no Otoshimono had Tamaki become a fat chibi person jumping around every episode and if that could be a semi decent anime, then this could too.

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #3,996 of 177,747

Quote:
Yeah, but Tomoki didn't actually look like that. On the other hand.........

I disliked how Sora no Oto always went into those joke sequences. As you can tell, the mangaka and anime/manga had/has sooo much potential. It's plot is all layered out and while not complex makes/keeps one thinking. Many times I'm just here thinking....Tamaki.............you idiot.

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #3,997 of 177,747

Quote:
I disliked how Sora no Oto always went into those joke sequences. As you can tell, the mangaka and anime/manga had/has sooo much potential. It's plot is all layered out and while not complex makes/keeps one thinking. Many times I'm just here thinking....Tamaki.............you idiot.

..his name is Tomoki lol, and sora no oto is one of my favourite comedies.

Apr 2, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #4,003 of 177,747
Won a competition and got Batman Arkham City.......Out of all the popular games...it had to be the one game I dislike/didn't have the patience to play. Why couldn't it have been for BF3!?

I'll give it another chance. The FPS drops were probably what ruined my experience. I'll dumb it down from near Max settings at 1080p to High or Medium with spiced up settings. I had a good 45FPS+ on Max...but the moment you start doing stuff. The FPS goes into 25-30FPS region with sharp drops that causes the perception of even lesser performance , think 15FPS.

BTW I won an NZXT Case competition if anyone is wondering.

turn physx off... game should not be an issue running at 1080p(1920x1080) with a 5770.

physx uses a very old coding process that's older then X86. that's why only nvidia gpus can run it. all modern cpus are using x86 coding so trying to run physx on a cpu even if you have more then 2 cores will be unbearable and result is very bad performance. i haven't been to much up to date with pc hardware since the 5800 launch so i have no idea if physx been becoming more phased out and be processed using openCL and DX11 more since dx11 been becoming more standardize and picking up finally it seems. my 5870 still going strong after all these years.

Apr 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #4,004 of 177,747
Quote:
turn physx off... game should not be an issue running at 1080p(1920x1080) with a 5770.
physx uses a very old coding process that's older then X86. that's why only nvidia gpus can run it. all modern cpus are using x86 coding so trying to run physx on a cpu even if you have more then 2 cores will be unbearable and result is very bad performance. i haven't been to much up to date with pc hardware since the 5800 launch so i have no idea if physx been becoming more phased out and be processed using openCL and DX11 more since dx11 been becoming more standardize and picking up finally it seems. my 5870 still going strong after all these years.

5850, Arkham City is stable at 50+FPS on max settings everywhere except if I get the camera right up into the exterior church's doors, whereupon it drops to like, 5FPS. I imagine there's some oddities with lighting, rendering, or draw distance going in that one, specific spot.

Also, you're wrong on several points and it actively hurts my face to read your post. x86 architecture was invented in 1978. PhysX is much newer - 2004.

Plenty of GPUs can run PhysX code; aside from PCs, the X360 (ATI Xenos), PS3 (nVIDIA something-or-other), and Wii (ATI Hollywood chipset) are all capable of PhysX. You can, in fact, apply an unofficial patch (on Win7, at least) that will re-enable PhysX processing on machines that don't have nVIDIA GPUs (the lock-out is implemented on the ForceWare drivers [ETA: version 186 and up, IIRC] on nVIDIA's part because of marketspeak).

Maybe you should check your facts before making a post and spreading lies and misinformation.

-- Griffinhart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back