「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 26, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #176,881 of 177,745
Had to do this comparison for a flashlight subreddit.

On the left is your typical $40 FOTM enthusiast high performance flashlight. On the right is my heavily modified headlamp and quite possibly represents the pinnacle of light quality in terms of colour rendering and tint.

The rosy tint is divine and is basically the goal of any...hardcore flashlight enthusiast snob. I feel like the center of a venn diagram where my hobbies are flashlights, electronics repair, and anime body pillows.

nichia 219c vs e21.jpg
I'm guessing your target is something super small. because if you're after some colorimetry fun, there are some cool stuff for photographers. I remember playing with this one for a few minutes and I felt like a kid.

Just put it in your usual big fanny pack that I'm sure you always have on you like all woke people, and it's "ultra portable". :) Although I'm guessing there is better nowadays. That one is a few years old.

In other news, my Mouse3 does a click and release when I remain clicked!!!! By far the worst event of 2020(what?). I'm going to once again look for left handed stuff for big hands that don't exist, and then purchase one out of the eternal same 3 mice I always get(like the one left handed model from razer) and never feel totally happy about.
Last time I tried a symmetrical logitech but didn't pay attention before I got it. The sensor was off axis so you can sort of track with your index finger and it's intuitive. but for goofy suckers like me... arrrrrghhhhhh.
"I'm the genius immortal demon king that got killed like a noob on page one(thus my titles), and I reincarnated as the vilainess princess' computer mouse. this time I'll work hard on my secret wish to be an Olympic triathlete."
I've read so many Chinese martial art stuff the last few weeks that I've had dreams about fighting sects, blocked meridians and "sea" of energy. I need to spend less time on that.

Apr 27, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #176,882 of 177,745
EB1B1BE4-0EF5-44B3-8994-A8CC5CE73BC1.jpeg

Pi-hole here I come!

Apr 28, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #176,883 of 177,745

Pi-hole here I come!

Still have a Pi-hole mounted right next to my router, but never used it. The things I care to block either don't get blocked or are were way too difficult to chase down, and once in a while there are things that give me loading issues, something my roommate really doesn't appreciate since for him, the internet just doesn't work like normal and he has no understanding or control of it.

Decided to just disconnect it from my setup and just use standard ad blockers on my own devices. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #176,884 of 177,745
Still have a Pi-hole mounted right next to my router, but never used it. The things I care to block either don't get blocked or are were way too difficult to chase down, and once in a while there things that give me loading issues, something my roommate really doesn't appreciate since for him, the internet just doesn't work like normal and he has no understanding our control of it.

Decided to just disconnect it from my setup and just use standard ad blockers on my own devices. :frowning2:
Yeah adblocking for YouTube using Pi-hole seems to be a rabbit-hole.

Apr 28, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #176,885 of 177,745
Ordered a package from Japan on the Friday before last, got tracking info that it was dispatched last Monday. On Thursday last week Japan Post announced a halt to almost all international shipping :cold_sweat:

Word is it'll be up to 4 months to ship if they don't return the package to the sender. :dizzy_face:

Covid starting to infringe on my weeb activities, not cool bro!

Apr 28, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #176,886 of 177,745
I just realised that I went to The Verge school of installing RAM sticks, RIP

I did however make use of those holes in the back of the case for LED lighting when the computer is off, so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice

007D0B49-0D6D-4E5C-9272-53B5B07E6F0D.jpeg
How does that CPU fan work? To me it looks like it's pulling rising hot air from the GPU in the case into the hot CPU. >.>

Apr 28, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #176,887 of 177,745
How does that CPU fan work? To me it looks like it's pulling rising hot air from the GPU in the case into the hot CPU. >.>
Like any stock CPU cooler, I suppose. I've got a blower-style GPU that hopefully draws fresh air from the bottom intake fan. If anything it's better than having an open air style card. There are two intake fans at the front of the case and I'm awaiting a second, 140mm exhaust fan to go right above the CPU cooler.

F95FDB35-4449-4B54-B2A2-16A7691990A7.jpeg

The air coming through the front intakes will be slightly warm after passing the HDDs.

Any suggestions for improvement?

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #176,888 of 177,745
Nice Define case. :D

I've stopped caring too much about airflow after seeing an old LTT video where they shoved so much into the case just to choke a few degrees out of it.

Don't know if removing the hard drive slides will do anything at all. Personally will leave them in. The few minutes of finding and reinstalling them when a future expansion is needed is already too much of a hassle for me.

Apr 29, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #176,889 of 177,745
Nice Define case. :D

I've stopped caring too much about airflow after seeing an old LTT video where they shoved so much into the case just to choke a few degrees out of it.

Don't know if removing the hard drive slides will do anything at all. Personally will leave them in. The few minutes of finding and reinstalling them when a future expansion is needed is already too much of a hassle for me.
If I weren’t a hoarder, I’d get rid of the HDD cage to make way for the AIO cooler.
FF29FE25-552D-4475-B154-F3A4D670DA80.jpeg

Gave my old system a new lease of life though. Another doozy; radiator in front intake or top exhaust of the case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back