「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 9, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #175,742 of 177,747
Anyone know of a good PC JPRG with cute girls AND a Japanese+English sub option? XD
There's always this series called Touhou...

------------

Welp binge watched a bunch of Naruto episodes somehow. There were a lot more fillers than I remembered. :p

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #175,744 of 177,747
That moment you fall asleep listening to Ani Music

And you wake up a kawaii bishoujo

2cecd4b5732d71960317135883e64bc11514562685_large.jpg

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #175,745 of 177,747
Anyone know of a good PC JPRG with cute girls AND a Japanese+English sub option? XD
The new Nep game supports both. It's a Nep game though.

Mar 10, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #175,747 of 177,747
Happy International Waifu Day!

FTFY
-------------

Haven't played much games sadly. Blade and Soul had the most fun combat system I experienced even though that doesn't mean much from me.
:p

BnS was a huge time succ for me, left a hm10 kfm to collect dust after soulfighter came out. The game was fun despite all the drama in guilds, poor hardware optimization and all that stuff.

Mar 10, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #175,748 of 177,747
Don't forget a glass screen protector or else you'll accidentally smack the screen with your wristwatch while asleep...sigh.

Oh damn the Air 2 came out in October 2014....4 years might as well be ancient history for tech. I've probably put a cycle on the battery every 2 days, mine is at 80% of original capacity with maybe ~600 cycles.
It's not as zippy as it once was but it's still more than fast enough for casual browsing and YouTube. (my mum still uses the first gen mini and an iPad 3 for YouTube, thank god she isn't PCMR so she doesn't really care about the lag)

Still waiting for the day when the iPad Pro 10.5" hits the $500 mark refurbished....maybe in 3-4 years? (or more, the iPad update cycle is slow now)

I don’t plan on getting any sort of screen protector. If it breaks, it breaks. Don’t wanna negate the AR coating anyway.

My parents both have an iPad Air 2 and it certainly doesn’t feel like a 4 year old tablet. Wow, one cycle per two days, my Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 gets 1-2 weeks on one charge, and I expect the iPad to last longer than that. I’ve no way of checking battery health on the Samsung tablet, obviously :unamused:

I don’t think the new iPad Pros will ever drop to that low, with that display tech, but I could be wrong.
Welp, this is awkward...

I got the Air 2 replaced by Apple last week because it didn't seem to have a fingerprint resistant coating, and the replacement unit still doesn't seem to have a coating either. Got the Pro 10.5 and will be returning the Air 2. While the Air 2's display is laminated, I have my doubts about the refurb having an AR coating. Seems like Apple really cheaped out on their Certified Refurbished devices. I noticed the stainless steel logo inlay on the back protrudes a bit, revealing a rough edge. Clearly inferior QC to retail devices.

Air 2:
IMG_4250.jpg

Pro 10.5:
IMG_4254.jpg

Left to right: Air 2, Pro 10.5
IMG_4247.jpg

Air 2:
IMG_4243.jpg

Goodbye, flush camera and leather smart case, but hello, 120 Hz display, True Tone, dual stereo speakers and Pro stuff like Pencil support and Smart Keyboard.

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

RIP in peace Smart Case

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #175,750 of 177,747
Welp, this is awkward...

I got the Air 2 replaced by Apple last week because it didn't seem to have a fingerprint resistant coating, and the replacement unit still doesn't seem to have a coating either. Got the Pro 10.5 and will be returning the Air 2. While the Air 2's display is laminated, I have my doubts about the refurb having an AR coating. Seems like Apple really cheaped out on their Certified Refurbished devices. I noticed the stainless steel logo inlay on the back protrudes a bit, revealing a rough edge. Clearly inferior QC to retail devices.

Wow that's interesting.

On my Air 2's smart case the little leather piece that surrounds the lightning port snapped off, so maybe it's a good thing one wasn't available. =P
Now you can have fun trawling eBay for the hundreds of choices available.

Mar 10, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #175,751 of 177,747
BnS was a huge time succ for me, left a hm10 kfm to collect dust after soulfighter came out. The game was fun despite all the drama in guilds, poor hardware optimization and all that stuff.

I somehow played on the mainland China servers with 250 to 300 ms lag from NA, on a terrible laptop's igpu at about 2 to 5 second per frame when things start to get a bit hectic in dungeons. :p

Eventually stopped when my account was hacked and everything was stolen. It was a tough blow at first but I'm glad I enjoyed the game for years and that I stopped when things really were too grindy, both without much regrets. The new storyline they added to extend the game's lie just didn't cut it, even if it does explain missing parts of the story, and the design just isn't the same anymore after HTK left the team.

Felt like the game was leeching on to it's legacy rather than keeping itself fun (completely acceptable considering how old the game is), and I felt I enjoyed enough of it to stop playing.

I spent most of my time just wandering the world, looking at the environment, watching the mobs chat and finding all the Easter eggs rather than grinding missions. Also managed to find a lot of hacks, bugs and very funny glitches. Oh and also took a lot of screenshots. :D

As for guilds...never really wanted to get into that stuff. I created one just to have a name i want displayed over my character. Some people that are always asking for my help for some reason wanted to join so that happened, and I spent a lot of time in low level areas just chatting with people and bringing along people who can't complete dungeons.

When the mainland Chinese version had all of its side quest removed, it was frustrating as people reach endgame within days, even with casual play, but they can't do anything or have they experienced any of the stuff that enriched the world and made the game fun. New players thu often focus on leveling up because higher stats can help them grind through easier to endgame, rather than enjoy figuring things out or savoring the story. After that happened, there wasn't much people to talk to in lower level areas as everyone was in a rush to leave, and nobody even knew where they are or what this part of the story is about. At endgame though, there's just the same few quests to grind for cash and resources, used so you can make better weapons to grind the very same quests a few seconds faster. Things became really bland for me. :p

-------

My S5 Neo is getting a full cycle shaved every day ever since I started playing a darn racing game on it. I used to charge it once every two or three days unless I browse internet for hours on it rather than on my computer.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #175,752 of 177,747

Users who are viewing this thread

Back