「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 13, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #175,291 of 177,745
Huh, you might wanna say it louder. I don't think Shouko chan can hear you very well
f9f.jpg

Jan 13, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #175,292 of 177,745
Hmmm daki inner mk1 prototype, using junk materials and murdering cheapo pillows.

IMG_2681.jpg
IMG_2679.jpg

Hmm fill weight is 2.1kg or so with cheap pillow stuffing. Fabric used was said cheapo pillow covers which utterly horrible but that's all I had at the moment, it was just an experiment after all.

It sort of passes the highly scientific "put it on a chair flop-o-meter" test. We have to use stronger and gripper fabric for the pillow casings, it'll help the filling feel more smooth.

Still, at less than a sixth the price of the most expensive inner pillow, I think we've trumped them in terms of plumpiness and rigidity. I like em a little T H I C C with more substance to hug, no sad little flippy floppy pillow for me.

Filling the actual pillow is an interesting challenge, there's some more work to be done to design a filling machine. (just a box with a strong leaf blower/fan to fluff and evenly distribute filling. I'm pretty sure if done carefully by hand we can still get a fairly even fill.

Looks like I gotta plan a trip to IKEA to try their $2.50 pillows...might have soft stuffing in them.

Jan 14, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #175,294 of 177,745
Your family is in the textile industry?

Are you planning on selling these or for personal and inner circle usage?

My mum used to sew for a living from home which was a fairly(?) common job for refugees in Australia in the 90's (at least in the asian community around here anyway). The machines must be at least 20 years old at this point, we keep them around partially for sentimental reasons because they basically paid off the house, but they're still useful every now and then (well, and they were bloody expensive at thousands of dollars each too which was a hell of a lot in the 90's).

Naww the latter, I can't be bothered selling something hand-made ahahahah. Even with the best machine in the world my stitching is only "functional" and I would feel bad about asking money for something crappy. I joked with my mum there's pretty big $$$ in daki pillows but she just went all John Wick on me (she's had more than a lifetimes enough sewing for business, nothing is gonna bring her back in =P).

Jan 14, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #175,295 of 177,745
Naww it's part of a group-buy(?) to decorate the garage, we're gonna stuff em and use them sort of like insulation. (the thin steel garage roller doors lets a lot of heat in, so there's a lot of strain on the air conditioning on super hot days)

Speaking of audio gear, friend picked up a he-400i for around 280 dollarydoos, they're not too bad at all for the price.
Sheesh, that's one way to insulate your house... :O

Our local gun expert is here! Hello Tracy!

You've bought more audio gear than I have then hahah. All I've boughten was the 6XX
Lol not sure how I feel about that one, but okay. XD

Actually the receiver is the only thing I've bought recently, I've had the speakers and stuff for a while but my Pioneer receiver has been pretty poopy for a while
Aaaaaand it has spotify and crap and my neighbor just accidentally connected to it at 100% volume while I was trying to watch YouTube orz

So, my sister is going to Japan.
As in, right now.
I'm not.
damn
Wat. That sucks, that's probably a ton of money down the drain if she can't refund her ticket

My passport has only 1 stamp in it :frowning2:
Time to go travel! Back to Japan it is! XD

Jan 14, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #175,298 of 177,745
My mum used to sew for a living from home which was a fairly(?) common job for refugees in Australia in the 90's (at least in the asian community around here anyway). The machines must be at least 20 years old at this point, we keep them around partially for sentimental reasons because they basically paid off the house, but they're still useful every now and then (well, and they were bloody expensive at thousands of dollars each too which was a hell of a lot in the 90's).

Naww the latter, I can't be bothered selling something hand-made ahahahah. Even with the best machine in the world my stitching is only "functional" and I would feel bad about asking money for something crappy. I joked with my mum there's pretty big $$$ in daki pillows but she just went all John Wick on me (she's had more than a lifetimes enough sewing for business, nothing is gonna bring her back in =P).

Wuuut, sewing paid off your house! dang, that must have been profitable.

And dang, your mom sees all your Daki pillows? you don't hide them!!?!?!

Sheesh, that's one way to insulate your house... :O

Lol not sure how I feel about that one, but okay. XD

Actually the receiver is the only thing I've bought recently, I've had the speakers and stuff for a while but my Pioneer receiver has been pretty poopy for a while
Aaaaaand it has spotify and crap and my neighbor just accidentally connected to it at 100% volume while I was trying to watch YouTube orz

Wat. That sucks, that's probably a ton of money down the drain if she can't refund her ticket

Time to go travel! Back to Japan it is! XD

At least it wasn't pron that was blasting at 100% hahaha

So much kek.

You just got to UBW? I personally prefered FZ more haha

Jan 14, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #175,299 of 177,745
Wuuut, sewing paid off your house! dang, that must have been profitable.

And dang, your mom sees all your Daki pillows? you don't hide them!!?!?!

Here in the suburbs houses were much more affordable ~25 years ago. She likes the daki's (not so much the lewd side though =P)

Hmmm I just had an idea to create a 'living' pillow insert. Shove a microcontroller in there, a decent speaker....pressure sensitive areas...idle breathing sounds...bluetooth control/programming.

nJTQvNP.jpg

Jan 14, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #175,300 of 177,745
Here in the suburbs houses were much more affordable ~25 years ago. She likes the daki's (not so much the lewd side though =P)

Hmmm I just had an idea to create a 'living' pillow insert. Shove a microcontroller in there, a decent speaker....pressure sensitive areas...idle breathing sounds...bluetooth control/programming.

nJTQvNP.jpg

If you truly make a living pillow...without the quotation marks:

Remember that life finds a way. :wink:

Just saying.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #175,301 of 177,745

nJTQvNP.jpg

Lol, so she does indeed see the lewd sides haha...You got some serious balls Deadly :wink: I'll give you that.

When I first read your second line. I was imagining a meme like the one you posted just to see later that you posted it haha

Speaking of that idea, have you seen this?
https://www.facebook.com/art.littlefungfung/videos/1920947067918929/

Jan 15, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #175,302 of 177,745
Jan 15, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #175,303 of 177,745
So much kek.

You just got to UBW? I personally prefered FZ more haha
Yeah, after finishing Prisma Illya I figured "Why not?" since it was in my PTW for a while.

Jan 15, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #175,304 of 177,745
Not yet, that is bloody amazing ahahahah.

Well...good thing Apple has/had T H I C C bezels.

I can't even buy a normal glass screen protector for $4 here let alone a printed one. Ehhh if I don't like the look/feel it's cheap enough anyway.

That looks like a pain to put on :frowning2: Gotta align everything too well

Yeah, after finishing Prisma Illya I figured "Why not?" since it was in my PTW for a while.
lol
best fate route!

Jan 15, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #175,305 of 177,745
Tried out an old Dell Precision laptop owned by a person in class today. Man it's amazing, and with its bulk, this tank demands presence.

This docking interface on the bottom is so interesting!

20180115_181843.jpg

----------------

Thinking of uploading quick doodles I make between school work onto Pixiv, starting tomorrow. Hopefully i can upload something once every other day. Mostly experimental stuff for relaxation so nothing too polished or complex.

Anyone here interested in following/have an account they want me to follow?

https://pixiv.me/kiwilogical

I'll try to keep my hand-holding fetish under control I promise...

._.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back