「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 7, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #175,231 of 177,747

I'm surprised you didn't mention ETH or XRP.

I know of them but don't care enough atm. They are currently too high. Crypto is all about percents and the smaller alt coins generally offer better returns (but also way more volatile).

XRP got a massive boost recently but already dropped right off. ETH is chugging along. ZEC, BNB, BNC are currently ones that are doing nicely in my portofilio.

I'm gonna get some ripple when it falls back to 2.02

Jan 8, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #175,232 of 177,747
Not much info now but happy to see Intel + AMD as an option for the future. Hopefully it will work better than Intel + Nvidia with Optimus.

---------------

Been going through some serious thinking recently...

26230830_362383244225656_5866085556040454766_n.jpg

Jan 8, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #175,233 of 177,747
Not much info now but happy to see Intel + AMD as an option for the future. Hopefully it will work better than Intel + Nvidia with Optimus.

I heard Intel is taking care of all the drivers and stuff, it's an "Intel" product after all, so I'm pretty sure the integration will be perfect. I think I've read somewhere that the Intel iGPU can output to 3 displays, the Vega GPU can output to 6 for a total of 9. Can you imagine a business laptop/dock with 8 display outputs....

IMG_2664.jpg IMG_2666.jpg
IMG_2674.jpg

I cannot show you lads the other side. =P

Jan 8, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #175,235 of 177,747
Citrus ep01 is fabulous :>
Damn didn't expect such high quality for this kind of show poi

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #175,236 of 177,747
C93??

Century Arms C93 Semi Automatic rifle?
69426.jpg

@mechgamer123 lul

I wish those were any good but I've only heard middling to horrendous feedback on them; let's just say there's a reason they discontinued them. If one wants an HK firearm go either with a real man's caliber or a wimpy pistol caliber but not this mess. Or just be like me and have both, lolz.

392530349839613963.png
C93 was not in the C93 bargain bins.
P.S. A year later, the new headfi layout still makes me cry.
I saw one of those C93s in a bargain bin, they were meh. Do kinda wish I was at Comiket again this year though T_T

Same here! Though I visit once a month or so, so that's probably why in my case XD

Where did you fly to? Visit Narnia some day I'll show you a good time. @mechgamer123 visited me last month :3
I can vouch for that, it was a lot of fun! And your weather was much more fun than the middle of nowhere Nevada I stayed at a few days later where it was something like -5FREEDOM units when we got there at midnight :S

Everything is short to Muinarc. He's rocking basketball star height. I'm smack dab average at 176.5 cm.
Ahem, and here I am at ~198cm. That was quite the adventure when I was in Asia, being at least a head taller than everyone else. :D

I heard Intel is taking care of all the drivers and stuff, it's an "Intel" product after all, so I'm pretty sure the integration will be perfect. I think I've read somewhere that the Intel iGPU can output to 3 displays, the Vega GPU can output to 6 for a total of 9. Can you imagine a business laptop/dock with 8 display outputs....

Holy cow, those aren't all for you are they?

And Hi all. It's been a while! But I haven't made much time lately for watching anime, or buying new audio gear soooo that's why I haven't been around as much XD. I did get a new receiver for my KEF LS50s yesterday though, it's amazing what a bit of room correction and moving the speakers away from the wall will do for the SQ on my speakers. The imaging got so good I had to go up to my TV and make sure my center channel speaker wasn't on. :O

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #175,237 of 177,747

Naww it's part of a group-buy(?) to decorate the garage, we're gonna stuff em and use them sort of like insulation. (the thin steel garage roller doors lets a lot of heat in, so there's a lot of strain on the air conditioning on super hot days)

Speaking of audio gear, friend picked up a he-400i for around 280 dollarydoos, they're not too bad at all for the price.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #175,238 of 177,747

PM me the other side fam :wink:
nosebleed.png

So NVIDIA recommends RYZEN processors for gaming stations, and here Intel just teamed up with AMD Radeon. Hm...therefore the best route to go is full RYZEN/Radeon. : D

Yeah, things are a changing. The new Intel processors with AMD Vega GPUs are gonna be lit

Citrus ep01 is fabulous :>
Damn didn't expect such high quality for this kind of show poi

270ac30680bf4ee72d386daebf458b25fd52be97_hq.jpg

I wish those were any good but I've only heard middling to horrendous feedback on them; let's just say there's a reason they discontinued them. If one wants an HK firearm go either with a real man's caliber or a wimpy pistol caliber but not this mess. Or just be like me and have both, lolz.

I saw one of those C93s in a bargain bin, they were meh. Do kinda wish I was at Comiket again this year though T_T

Same here! Though I visit once a month or so, so that's probably why in my case XD

I can vouch for that, it was a lot of fun! And your weather was much more fun than the middle of nowhere Nevada I stayed at a few days later where it was something like -5FREEDOM units when we got there at midnight :S

Ahem, and here I am at ~198cm. That was quite the adventure when I was in Asia, being at least a head taller than everyone else. :D

And Hi all. It's been a while! But I haven't made much time lately for watching anime, or buying new audio gear soooo that's why I haven't been around as much XD. I did get a new receiver for my KEF LS50s yesterday though, it's amazing what a bit of room correction and moving the speakers away from the wall will do for the SQ on my speakers. The imaging got so good I had to go up to my TV and make sure my center channel speaker wasn't on. :O

Our local gun expert is here! Hello Tracy!

You've bought more audio gear than I have then hahah. All I've boughten was the 6XX

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #175,239 of 177,747
Yeah, things are a changing. The new Intel processors with AMD Vega GPUs are gonna be lit

Now that I've gone completely mobile with my computer needs, small but powerful computers that you can carry around and dock into a desktop setup when you arrive home seemlessly is soooo tempting...

Not sure we'll see AMD RYZEN and Vega together like the Intel + AMD combo they just spit out, but the idea is so tempting. That and Optane together can work wonders if set up correctly, both for average consumers and people who have certain special needs for content creation.

---------------------------------

Finally decided to bite the bullet and a stick of 16 GB of ram for my laptop. I'll run it with a 4gb stick that came with my XPS laptop (mine came with 4gb x 2). The 16 gb stick I'm ordering is running at 2133 mhz at cas 13. The one in my XPS is running at 2400 mhz, latency unknown, but definitely higher than cas 13.

Common knowledge is RAM running at different speeds should just downclock to the one with the lowest speeds, but I can't find much info on sticking RAM that is running at different latencies together. People seem to say it's fine if you manually adjust the timings and such just to be sure. Those controls are locked in the laptop's memories though so I'm just a tad nervous. Some people claim here and there that there may be stability issues or such, but there is no way to credit or discredit them.

Worst case I just run a single stick of 16gb alone. Biggest problem for me right now is memory quantity.

Also want a second screen because 1 laptop screen is too smol...

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #175,240 of 177,747
Common knowledge is RAM running at different speeds should just downclock to the one with the lowest speeds, but I can't find much info on sticking RAM that is running at different latencies together. People seem to say it's fine if you manually adjust the timings and such just to be sure. Those controls are locked in the laptop's memories though so I'm just a tad nervous. Some people claim here and there that there may be stability issues or such, but there is no way to credit or discredit them.

The BIOS will automagically go to the slowest speed and timings, and usually the matching portion will run dual channel (so the first 8/20gb), with the excess running in single.

For a cheap monitor, look to ebay to ex-lease Dell's and stuff, you can find a great ultrasharp from like 2012 for <100 easy.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #175,241 of 177,747
For a cheap monitor, look to ebay to ex-lease Dell's and stuff, you can find a great ultrasharp from like 2012 for <100 easy.
Never thought of that. Thanks! :)

The BIOS will automagically go to the slowest speed and timings, and usually the matching portion will run dual channel (so the first 8/20gb), with the excess running in single.

That's what I assume. Just nervous as I didn't find any creditable source detailing that it works that way for ram with different latencies too so I'm getting paranoid for no reason. All the other not very creditable sources all say one should manually tweak it in the bios yourself. I assume it should just work by now, but still paranoid. :/ I also suck at google-fu so I must be missing the obvious when I look for this stuff.

Someone please beat me in the head until all my pointless paranoia is knocked out.

---------------------------------------------

Something else that's been bothering me:

Have a friend who worked at 2 different Chinese buffets and now his family runs their own Chinese restaurants.

The recipe for plum sauce and cherry sauce is the same for all of them: you take pumpkin paste and dump in a schiit load of sugar and some other stuff until the taste and texture matches for the plum sauce; you take ketchup with a lot of sugar and some other stuff mixed for the cherry sauce. No plums or cherries involved in the whole process.

That means that General Tao Chicken that I've been eating all my life is most likely fried chicken with lots of sugar and ketchup/pumpkin on it (as I expected).

So what's the orange sauce in Orange Beef made out of??!!!

o(0_0)o???

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #175,242 of 177,747

Not related to this quote, but is Diamond, Deadly's latest obsession?

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #175,243 of 177,747
Now that I've gone completely mobile with my computer needs, small but powerful computers that you can carry around and dock into a desktop setup when you arrive home seemlessly is soooo tempting...

Not sure we'll see AMD RYZEN and Vega together like the Intel + AMD combo they just spit out, but the idea is so tempting. That and Optane together can work wonders if set up correctly, both for average consumers and people who have certain special needs for content creation.

---------------------------------

Finally decided to bite the bullet and a stick of 16 GB of ram for my laptop. I'll run it with a 4gb stick that came with my XPS laptop (mine came with 4gb x 2). The 16 gb stick I'm ordering is running at 2133 mhz at cas 13. The one in my XPS is running at 2400 mhz, latency unknown, but definitely higher than cas 13.

Worst case I just run a single stick of 16gb alone. Biggest problem for me right now is memory quantity.

Also want a second screen because 1 laptop screen is too smol...

You're fine with speeds. The BIOS (UEFI) should auto manage all that for you. You'll know if it has issues when you get constant BSODs. So keep your new RAM packaging and receipt handy. It happens sometimes.

Considering Intel + AMD Vega is happening I would accept the later as well

Never thought of that. Thanks! :)

That's what I assume. Just nervous as I didn't find any creditable source detailing that it works that way for ram with different latencies too so I'm getting paranoid for no reason. All the other not very creditable sources all say one should manually tweak it in the bios yourself. I assume it should just work by now, but still paranoid. :/ I also suck at google-fu so I must be missing the obvious when I look for this stuff.

Someone please beat me in the head until all my pointless paranoia is knocked out.

---------------------------------------------

Something else that's been bothering me:

Have a friend who worked at 2 different Chinese buffets and now his family runs their own Chinese restaurants.

The recipe for plum sauce and cherry sauce is the same for all of them: you take pumpkin paste and dump in a schiit load of sugar and some other stuff until the taste and texture matches for the plum sauce; you take ketchup with a lot of sugar and some other stuff mixed for the cherry sauce. No plums or cherries involved in the whole process.

That means that General Tao Chicken that I've been eating all my life is most likely fried chicken with lots of sugar and ketchup/pumpkin on it (as I expected).

So what's the orange sauce in Orange Beef made out of??!!!

o(0_0)o???

Stop ruining my childhood and love for schitty fake Chinese food

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #175,245 of 177,747
You're fine with speeds. The BIOS (UEFI) should auto manage all that for you. You'll know if it has issues when you get constant BSODs. So keep your new RAM packaging and receipt handy. It happens sometimes.

Considering Intel + AMD Vega is happening I would accept the later as well

Stop ruining my childhood and love for schitty fake Chinese food

It's not schiity it's awesome.

How much better can you get from fried chicken with tons of ketchup and sugar on it, labeled in Chinese and served with the expectation that you'll eat it with chopsticks even if you haven't the slightest clue how to split them without...like, oversplitting them?! :D

-------------------------------------

@deadlylover

Did you buy your DAkis you posted online, locally in person or what? I would be too embarassed to buy those in person lol

Same, but I have a friend who bought one and his presence is encouraging me to buy one...via him. :p

If I buy online somewhere and have it shipped, the guys at customs might call the police to lock me up. XD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back