「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 21, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #174,916 of 177,745
The industry makes it really hard to support by buying merchandise because lots of things are by pre-order only, and once the run is done then re-releases are rare. Printing isn't rocket science, having some lead time on older goods is totally fine but nooooo gotta have some of dat artificial scarcity gahhhhhhhh.

What's a guy gotta do to get some high quality oppai mouse pads.

I ain't buying second hand, and I don't feel like supporting scalpers. So bootlegs it is then, I hate to do it but there's clearly a service issue here.

Dec 21, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #174,917 of 177,745
The industry makes it really hard to support by buying merchandise because lots of things are by pre-order only, and once the run is done then re-releases are rare. Printing isn't rocket science, having some lead time on older goods is totally fine but nooooo gotta have some of dat artificial scarcity gahhhhhhhh.

I ain't buying second hand, and I don't feel like supporting scalpers. So bootlegs it is then, I hate to do it but there's clearly a service issue here.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do when it comes to oppai mouse pads. A'int no shame in going the bootleg route if you must.

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #174,918 of 177,745

A lot of the stupid S business guys in this dam industry needs to be sat down and learned a thing or two with GabeN. it's definitely a service problem, and if you're going to be doing all these artificial scarcity, at least throw a bone and provide better access to common stuff. But nooooooooo, Nippon #1 (at declining birth rates and suicide due to overwork). And stop being so xenophobic.

As such, TRIGGER is actually saving anime, and they have set up a patreon for themselves. Although, from people more willing to waste time than me reports, their aim for a patreon is more like how most would go to kickstarter; I think they are going to use patreon as a side fund for smaller projects by their team members that wouldnt otherwise get funded by publishers.

tl;dr, TRIGGER literally saving anime.

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #174,919 of 177,745
Hi.

Top 5 anime of this year:
  • Kekkai Sensen & Beyond
  • Dragon Maid
  • Land of the Gem Butts
  • Made in Abyss
  • Girls' Last Tour
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid wins AOTY by like 1% over Made in Abyss.

:tada:

Really good year for TYG compatible animes.

This is so wrong.

1. Tanya and Yuuki Aoi's psycho loli voice
2. Made in Abyss
3. Dragon Maid and THICC Kanna (please be reminded that the original manga AND KyoAni continues the THICCNESS, so it's not my fault)
4. Attack on Titan S2
5. Shoujo Shuumatsu bcos SymphoAXZ is not good enough to be top 5

Stuff that didn't made the cut because I'm lazy or just not to expectation (whether present or no expectation)
* SymphoAXZ bcos the story is stinkier than usual, not enough hype and not stringed well between the hype
* LWA bcos I'm lazy and didn't watch it past episode 5. TRIGGER still saving anime thou
* Kekkai Sensen & Beyond because I forgot and lazy to marathon it.
* Urara meirochou because while midriff showing loli wolf girl is nicc and all, it's not enough
* Monster girl highschool drama but not lewd. It's not lewd, but some nicc fuwa fuwa drama though.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #174,920 of 177,745
Hi.

• Kekkai Sensen & Beyond
  • Dragon Maid
  • Land of the Gem Butts
  • Made in Abyss
  • Girls' Last Tour

Made in abyss get the top for me.
I guess Dragon Maid was indeed a phenomenon, you just have to look at the use and abuse of it over the web to be convinced. but it's not really my cup of tea and I dropped both manga and anime.
Land of the Gem Butts krkrkrkrkr(<=sound of me laughing like maniac, so, me laughing). they clearly missed out on the title, this one works great. ^_^

@Muinarc
thats-the-evilest-thing-i-can-imagine-meme-template.jpg

Dec 22, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #174,921 of 177,745
This is so wrong.

2. Made in Abyss
3. Dragon Maid and THICC Kanna (please be reminded that the original manga AND KyoAni continues the THICCNESS, so it's not my fault)
4. Attack on Titan S2

Stuff that didn't made the cut because I'm lazy or just not to expectation (whether present or no expectation)
* SymphoAXZ bcos the story is stinkier than usual, not enough hype and not stringed well between the hype
* LWA bcos I'm lazy and didn't watch it past episode 5. TRIGGER still saving anime thou
* Urara meirochou because while midriff showing loli wolf girl is nicc and all, it's not enough
* Monster girl highschool drama but not lewd. It's not lewd, but some nicc fuwa fuwa drama though.
oh yes how could I forget Tanya, I vote Youjo Senki it in the top 5 too.

Dec 22, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #174,923 of 177,745
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do when it comes to oppai mouse pads. A'int no shame in going the bootleg route if you must.

The oppai mouse pad market isn't very mature compared to dakimakuras, so there are lots of bootlegs around. I know artists need all the help they can get but if their work simply isn't available anymore then IMO they aren't exactly hurting from me buying a $8 mousepad from taobao.

I know it's wrong to support IP theft and such but come on, bootleggers have to feed their families too. XD

A lot of the stupid S business guys in this dam industry needs to be sat down and learned a thing or two with GabeN. it's definitely a service problem, and if you're going to be doing all these artificial scarcity, at least throw a bone and provide better access to common stuff. But nooooooooo, Nippon #1 (at declining birth rates and suicide due to overwork). And stop being so xenophobic.

Well said.

Hell, they could have 2nd prints available for cheaper from a massive factory in China or something. This way the first press enthusiast editions are the highest quality/margin products and the second mainstream runs can be made much more cheaply for the budget conscious shopper, while still giving the artists/producers an official kickback from sales instead of letting a design simply die off forever.

It just pisses me off to no end because they're just gonna say "this is how we've always done it" and nothing will change. It's pretty depressing seeing hundreds and hundreds of designs no longer available for purchase.

Dec 22, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #174,924 of 177,745

What this industry want you to do :
Change your oppai mouse pad, like people change their waifu every 3 months

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #174,926 of 177,745
VOTE HERE ON ANN for best anime of the year (pick 5)
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/756/

I picked
  1. Attack on Titan S2 (fight me)
  2. Land of the Gem Butts
  3. Made in Abyss (Assembled in China)
  4. Boku no Picodemia S2
  5. Saekano Flat (like Eriri)

Saekano wasn't as objectively good as the others. But I had a personal enjoyment and love of the show which is why I had it on the list.

Land of the Gem Butts is indeed getting the treatment it deserves
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/fe...f-the-season-so-far-week-of-dec-10-16/.125584

It had no right being this good..but alas here we are. Beating out every other show this season (imo) in terms of objectively good anime.

Only worth thing next season is overhype 2 and anybody that disagrees is a heathen and a heretic.

Oh schiit....you went there. Fight me IRL

Hi.

• Kekkai Sensen & Beyond
  • Dragon Maid
  • Land of the Gem Butts
  • Made in Abyss
  • Girls' Last Tour

We have two in common. Not bad. I enjoyed Dragon Maid but it was not a top 10 for me. It was one of the highlights for the year though. I didn't care for the big boob dragon parts.

As such, TRIGGER is actually saving anime, and they have set up a patreon for themselves. Although, from people more willing to waste time than me reports, their aim for a patreon is more like how most would go to kickstarter; I think they are going to use patreon as a side fund for smaller projects by their team members that wouldnt otherwise get funded by publishers.

tl;dr, TRIGGER literally saving anime.

NOOOOO. If we do this. We will never have a third season of any show ever! Don't let the anime industry adopt Gaben practicies.

This is so wrong.

2. Made in Abyss
4. Attack on Titan S2

Eyyy. Not alone in recognizing that despite how mainstream it is. Attack on Titan (especially the anime compared to the manga) is a great show. And most likely going to be substantial in the amount of people that it gets to watch anime. It, and SAO (but AoT is better than SAO) are probably this generations Gundam Wing/Sailor Moon/Dragon Ball Z in terms of it being people's exposure to anime that got them interested.

You didn't like Land of the Gem Butts enough to add it to the list?

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #174,927 of 177,745
Alright I'll get srs with my picks. According to MAL I've watched too much anime this year so a top 5 is hard so I'll kinda cheat (only a 'lil).

MAL pays off though because I can just rank by score and take 5 out of the top group! I knew I meticulously updated that site every night for a reason!

TOP 5:

1) Made in Abyss
2) Uchouten Kazoku 2
3) Owarimonogatari 2nd Season
4) Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen
5) Kemono Friends (WELCOME TO YOUKOSO...)

Honerable Mentions:

Houseki no Kuni
3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season
(Wasn't a fan of s1 but s2 has been much more focused and animated better too.)
Just Because!
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Princess Principal
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Youjo Senki
Demi-chan wa Kataritai

Top Anime Movies: (Man after GuP movie did gang busters the flood gates opened up this year.)

1) Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome
2) Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen
3) Koe no Katachi
4) Garo Movie: Divine Flame
5) Gyakusatsu Kikan

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #174,928 of 177,745

Hm...
IMG_20171222_165238.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back