「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 27, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #173,221 of 177,745
I still see it.

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #173,224 of 177,745
Ooooh, whoever this girl is, she's best gurl.

Actually no, Shizuru best gurl too:
hirE33N.jpg

Head fi ads want me to find a gf now, damn algorithms that find ads based on my internet history.
Gahhaahah the machines know me too well!

LOL, machine learning is getting too good I guess? :D

I hate this new UI. I don't want to use this site anymore... :frowning2:

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #173,227 of 177,745
How would you improve the site? Waifu everywhere?

If we could mix it up a bit with some 2D then that'd be nice. XD

The missing pictures and stuff will eventually sort itself out, and judging from some of the complaints a shortcut here and there wouldn't be amiss for the folks that like keeping track of watched threads.

Readability wise I think the grey backgrounds on the text boxes are a shade too dark, but that can be patched in with an optional theme.

It also feels like the padding/borders are a touch too large between posts, the avatar alone is already pretty good at delineating posts.

My signature is only one line but for short replies, it takes up half the space when we include the timestamp, I think we should move the timestamp to below the avatar as that's unused space at the moment (weeell apart from your 6 badges). Since the advent of 16:9 screens, vertical real estate is at a premium and the more text we can fit on screen between scrolls the better.

i ain't no UI/UX designer so maybe you shouldn't listen to me. =P

But no really, I'm proofreading my own post in the editor and anything with 3 lines of text is starting to become a blur, just go to the Apple iPad page and copy their grey value (250 vs our 247 I think), it's a touch lighter but it makes a lot of difference especially for something text heavy.

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #173,230 of 177,745
It also feels like the padding/borders are a touch too large between posts, the avatar alone is already pretty good at delineating posts.

My signature is only one line but for short replies, it takes up half the space when we include the timestamp, I think we should move the timestamp to below the avatar as that's unused space at the moment (weeell apart from your 6 badges). Since the advent of 16:9 screens, vertical real estate is at a premium and the more text we can fit on screen between scrolls the better.

I'll agree with this, there is a pad, and a faint grey line then another pad between all the posts. It's a little excessive. Maybe kill the pad and change the line to black or even remove that and let the avatars make the line, or some forums are programmed where every other post is lighter darker in a never ending pattern, that could work too.

The timestamp area for sure is too bulky. The pad on top and bottom are both thicker than the actual text, they could be 1/4 as wide.

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #173,232 of 177,745
Watched threads have a shortcut (both unread and all) in the top right, inside the Head-Fi banner. We like the idea of themes, but those will come later if we do implement them. Padding could be changed later, but we want to focus on getting everything running before tweaking the formatting. The UI suggestions will be added to my list. Thanks. :D

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #173,233 of 177,745
Watched threads have a shortcut (both unread and all) in the top right, inside the Head-Fi banner. We like the idea of themes, but those will come later if we do implement them. Padding could be changed later, but we want to focus on getting everything running before tweaking the formatting. The UI suggestions will be added to my list. Thanks. :D

Ok I had misinterpreted those watched thread links. It's kinda nice that way it's like the old drop down where you could see "latest updated" for all the forums but this way it's a curated list. I had never watched threads much but this way will work for how I browse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back