「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 16, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #143,866 of 177,747
Yeah, I think they're so restrictive because of server load issues. :p

Oh you only have to do the lottery once if I didn't make that clear, once you've selected a server you don't have to worry about it any more.

Still, I wonder if all the effort will eventually go to waste when they inevitably shut the game down, that's why there's gonna be a PSV port I thinks. :frowning2:  

Of which I'm all for it. Game even plays like that "Dog simulator" thing the 3DS had. I see no reason why it shouldn't be a standalone game than can be played offline instead of a browser game tied to a server constantly.

Are you using KanColleViewer, strongly recommend. It is super helpful.

It isn't that bad and your timezone is a lot better than me for it. I had to do my lottery at 5 am :frowning2:

Good point. Though playing it, over even attempting to do the lottery at work might not be the best idea. Hopefully they have lotteries in the morning, when work is slow

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #143,867 of 177,747
Just finished the newest episode of Shigatsu Wa Kimi

Such a sweet way of 
closing his struggle with the mother and showing how perception, mental blockage, and stress created two realities for him in regards to memories of his mother

the next episode's name, the monologue at the end of this episode and the last scene....oh gosh...oh fricking gosh

It's no longer a 
death flag. We got a billboard at the top of the Empire State Building right now

Prepare yourself...feels are comming. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #143,868 of 177,747

Yup, otherwise I'd have no idea what the quests want me to do. 
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #143,869 of 177,747
Why I still believe that Eonian should have been sang by a male singer, though maybe speed it up just a tad:
Should have used Dingo's version even:

Yeah I much prefer Dingo ver too

Been binge watching this. Didn't think I'd enjoy a Tenchi Muyou spin-off but its really pretty decent. I like the OP.

I prefer ED..

It isn't that bad and your timezone is a lot better than me for it. I had to do my lottery at 5 am 
frown.gif

I only use that when clearing routine tasks, because of that token refresh :<

Watched ep2 last night, Yuudachi is so good poi poi poi poi...
And I am disliking Naka even more than in-game :/

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #143,870 of 177,747
  Have you seen the movie?

I read the manga

The manga was better than the anime imo. I couldn't stand how it did the visual elements of it. Too artistic for me.

Certainly a good read. But it pales in comparison to the mangum opus of the entire phycological genre:

Oyasumi Punpun

I know you don't read manga....but take it from both:

Me
Jgray
Rikkun
TYG

that Oyasumi Punpun is a fantastic read. 

It is highly doubtful it will ever get an anime. Most likely because it wont sell well

Admittedly I haven't seen the movie, but the trailer already was just so preposterous.

• The Children who Chase lost voices

ewwwwwww

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #143,871 of 177,747
As for Aku no Hana...I still can't believe how amazing it was, even outside of anime. I don't know, maybe it's better that it won't continue though. It looked like it was only gonna get weirder in a way where I possibly wouldn't relate to it as much anymore. If that's the case I wish the 1st season just had some kind of ending though.

"too artistic for me" <I think this is the key difference in our taste. I'm more likely to complain that something isn't artistic enough haha.

Manga...I'll never know.

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #143,872 of 177,747

KancolleViewer.............
I don't even know this program exist !
You really play Kancolle like a pro............

And thanks for the viewer

I take my boats very serious...

Not really I only just been playing again recently lol.
Good point. Though playing it, over even attempting to do the lottery at work might not be the best idea. Hopefully they have lotteries in the morning, when work is slow

Hopefully it works out for you then. I used to play some kancolle at work when I had some extra time before it burned me out.

Yup, otherwise I'd have no idea what the quests want me to do. 
tongue.gif

Nice nice.

I only use that when clearing routine tasks, because of that token refresh :<

Watched ep2 last night, Yuudachi is so good poi poi poi poi...
And I am disliking Naka even more than in-game :/

Too much poi in this thread~

Only choice is to bully the Sendai sisters.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 16, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #143,874 of 177,747

Yeah, I think they're so restrictive because of server load issues. 
tongue.gif

Oh you only have to do the lottery once if I didn't make that clear, once you've selected a server you don't have to worry about it any more.

Still, I wonder if all the effort will eventually go to waste when they inevitably shut the game down, that's why there's gonna be a PSV port I thinks. 
frown.gif

Wait why will they shut the game down?

Also... that process...not sure I wanna try it...

Also, are there free japan VPNs? I've never really successfully set up a VPN before on my mac.

Actually, I'm gonna try to do it. It opens up in 3 ish hours anyways right? 

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #143,875 of 177,747
yFuXXma.jpg

Don't know why, but recently I feel pretty "out of it" in this thread.

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #143,876 of 177,747

yFuXXma.jpg

Don't know why, but recently I feel pretty "out of it" in this thread.

It looks sick but I don't think my eyes would be able to handle all those colours if I had icons on my desktop.

I feel out of it because collage is increasing the number of pages I need to catch up on.

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #143,877 of 177,747

Wiki link. But I'll give you an abridged version.

First you need to set up a DMM account, I just used the feature that ties it into my Google account, seems to work just fine.

You then need to set up a VPN to be able to launch the game and select a server, however, server slots are restricted by what's called a lottery.

I used softether(you need the VPN Client) to VPN into a Japan, super easy to use, just double click "VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers" and choose one that's in Japan. Also, set your Windows time to Japan time for the lottery.

They hold a lottery every day or two, you'll have to stalk their twitter to find out when that is. For example, one of their recent tweets shows that it will be on the 16th(today) at 8pm JST. You must be VPN'd and registered/logged in on DMM to be able to enter the lottery. To enter, just open up the game link here, you'll see a giant red button and that'll fire up the flash game.

Roughly 10 minutes before the lottery starts. begin joining the game. You'll get a screen of either all servers showing full, or a screen with a cat on it and some text. The latter shows you have failed to get a lottery slot(but try again!), so refresh the page after 3-5 minutes. It took me about 20-30 minutes to be shown a server that isn't full, and don't refresh faster than that or else they'll be less likely to give you a spot.

Once you've joined a server and the game is running, you don't have to worry about using a VPN any more, use the inspector in Chrome(Ctrl+Shift+i) to find your api link which you can bookmark to launch the game (it's the URL with an IP address and api_token in it).

Yep, what a pain. But all you reaaaally have to do is VPN and navigate to a page+refresh at a certain time. 
tongue.gif

Erm, actually, have you tried Tor browser?

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #143,878 of 177,747
Wait why will they shut the game down?

Also... that process...not sure I wanna try it...

Also, are there free japan VPNs? I've never really successfully set up a VPN before on my mac.

Actually, I'm gonna try to do it. It opens up in 3 ish hours anyways right? 

In which I would still be in the office.... Oh well, there's always weekends

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #143,880 of 177,747
http://www.softether.org/4-docs/2-howto/9.L2TPIPsec_Setup_Guide_for_SoftEther_VPN_Server/5.Mac_OS_X_L2TP_Client_Setup

So I'm stuck on this step... What is the server address? Is there a place to register for something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back