「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #132,241 of 177,747

http://www.earsonics.com/en/premiums-earphones/velvet-2/

That's not a bass screw. That's a sound signature screw!
Why?!
I don't care, I want this thing.

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #132,242 of 177,747

http://www.earsonics.com/en/premiums-earphones/velvet-2/

Why?!

Looks nice. Reminds me of RHA's newest tunable IEM that uses different nozzles ( and filters and schiit inside it) to change the sound signature 

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #132,243 of 177,747
Yeah, I knew it was going to make boom boom in the anime community once I saw the beach episode...the VN selection screen. And ESPECIALLY the glorification and blushing angles of the best girl. 

Let it be known that Pharrel successfuly became one of the first if not the first to put his waifu into a MV.

All of the comments I see for that video are probably from all of the anime news networks. lol

Why?!

You failed to post the chart of the changes.

So bright, balanced, V-shape? Meh. Noble's switching earphones sounded pretty bad to my ears.

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #132,244 of 177,747
This tunable stuff seems to be the new FOTM along with "put as many drivers in your IEM as possible" and "lets make this custom a universal".

Okay, I want to try this Velvet thing. Not as much as the S-EM6 though :|
I should ask Earsonics for a demo S-EM6. You know, because I'm so well known around the audio community and will surely write a great review.

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #132,245 of 177,747
Do any of the dial settings correct the upper midrange suckout? :wink:

I kid.

Thanks for weighing in on the Stax 404LE guys. I'm gonna see what @deadlylover has to say about it as well. As I said; I don't know a thing about Stax but I've been flirting with the idea of maybe trying out stats. I found a buyer for my K812 so I may take the plunge once I've done some homework. (like what does the LE designation even mean?)

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #132,246 of 177,747
  welp I just finished MM!

I almost died of laughter watching it, im in a 100% NFSW mode atm, so I'll save the screen shots for later. Actually the content while very much Mature, the animation it self wasn't too dirty

Actually

That alone just makes me smile, the English Dub of this was pretty epic to, the mock fight between our "sayain" and super Loli man had me rolling... 

Anyway, I'm hoping I can countinue to find more well dubbed Ecchi, this and... something else I watched earlier this year left me pretty happy. 

Glad that you liked it 
biggrin.gif

Panda-hime is alive! 
eek.gif
basshead.gif

I'm OK, just wet my pants is all.

DYupUXu.jpg
So I was buying McDonald's for lunch through the drive-thru so I could take it back to work. I bought two large meals, one for my colleague. The soft drink (Fanta) in large uses an especially tall cup, and it doesn't help that the cardboard drink trays aren't very stable.
Going out the drive-thru, turning left. Drinks in drink tray placed on top of center console, both drinks topple onto my lap. My reaction was to stop the drinks from spilling onto the seats, but I panicked and let go of the steering wheel. Car corrected its direction before finishing the turn, and struck a bonnet-high brick corner.
Bumper, front panel on top of front right wheel, bonnet, right headlights and wiper water tank or whatever it's called is damaged.

Glad you're safe! 

Buddy Complex so kawaii. 

Sep 30, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #132,249 of 177,747
Do any of the dial settings correct the upper midrange suckout? :wink:

I kid.

Thanks for weighing in on the Stax 404LE guys. I'm gonna see what @deadlylover has to say about it as well. As I said; I don't know a thing about Stax but I've been flirting with the idea of maybe trying out stats. I found a buyer for my K812 so I may take the plunge once I've done some homework. (like what does the LE designation even mean?)

LE is for Limited Edition. The SR-404 LE has a few cosmetic changes from the regular SR-404 (going from a barf-brown colour to black and the stator has a red ring that you can see from the outside of the driver cover). Other than that, I've read that the SR-404 LE sounds smoother compared to the previous Lambda headphones at the time. I don't know they compare to the currently-produced SR-407 though.

E-stat headphones in general have a really unique treble response compared to other headphones. They objectively might have a peak or two in the frequency response, but when you listen to them, it's not something that immediately bothers you and it's detailed without adding grain or being harsh-sounding like planar magnetic headphones from my experience. They're also some of the most transparent-sounding headphones I've ever heard before, even the original Lambda from over 30 years ago still sounds really good in today's era of headphones.

The SR-407 sounds a bit smoother to me than the SR-207 though, but the noisy meet conditions don't make it a very good basis for a comparison.

[rule]Free downtempo electronic music from Seattle anyone?
https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/album/immortal-game

Sep 30, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #132,250 of 177,747

Do any of the dial settings correct the upper midrange suckout?
wink.gif

I kid.

LE is for Limited Edition. The SR-404 LE has a few cosmetic changes from the regular SR-404 (going from a barf-brown colour to black and the stator has a red ring that you can see from the outside of the driver cover). Other than that, I've read that the SR-404 LE sounds smoother compared to the previous Lambda headphones at the time. I don't know they compare to the currently-produced SR-407 though.

E-stat headphones in general have a really unique treble response compared to other headphones. They objectively might have a peak or two in the frequency response, but when you listen to them, it's not something that immediately bothers you and it's detailed without adding grain or being harsh-sounding like planar magnetic headphones from my experience. They're also some of the most transparent-sounding headphones I've ever heard before, even the original Lambda from over 30 years ago still sounds really good in today's era of headphones.

The SR-407 sounds a bit smoother to me than the SR-207 though, but the noisy meet conditions don't make it a very good basis for a comparison.

Free downtempo electronic music from Seattle anyone?
https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/album/immortal-game

The 404LE sounds a good step better than the stock 404. 404 with the 507 pad, which the 404LE have will bring the two rather close. I myself do not like the new 407 or the 507 which don't even fit.

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #132,251 of 177,747
There is a major event in the 6th division in the army today, and the US Marines are joining us in the event

I really look up to them with great reverence and respect

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #132,253 of 177,747

Pharrel is one of us.

I heard his new MV features a lot of anime in it

but holy schiit. I did NOT expect how many anime themes, general references, VN's etc they reference in this. 

It's all custom done too. 

He is one of us!

https://i.imgur.com/i249IIj.jpg

The beach, a festival, I felt like I just watched a Slice of Life!

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #132,254 of 177,747

Glad they put in very "tame" cliches like this. Anime in general is oozing cliches and a lot of them are rather...odd.

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #132,255 of 177,747

Indeed, I have to admit I'm pretty happy to see a some what popular pop culture icon today, being so open with is love for the lolicon 

and since im at home 

I wish the English dub would have kept his battle cry, but yea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back