「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 29, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #132,016 of 177,747
If I am not wrong there are mini stages in the exhibition Hall for afa

Then there will be meet and greet sessions or something like that

But no autographs as that would require a VIP ticket.... Well, meeting them irl is pretty cool.

The FB page is filled with fans wanting μ's.... LoveLive idol pop........ :S

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #132,017 of 177,747
  Nissin is better :p 

Yeah, overall I like Nissin more, but Shin's spicy soup is pretty nice too.

lol when you said "one character dies, restart the chapter" I got confused because I thought you were referring to Xi Jinping's signature. XXD
Yeah that's what I do in Fire Emblem.

And yup, I totally agree on the Cantonese part being a traditional *pun intended* Chinese. I'm sad that I never really got to know my family's dialect which is similar to Cantonese. No one in my generation knows it unless their parents speak it at home, and no one in my family can write Chinese except for the grandparents and my oldest blood-related uncle. I can't really communicate with my grandparents since they speak broken English and my family isn't really close to my uncle either. Such is the life of a third-generation American... : (

At least I know how to write my name in traditional Chinese. My name in Simplified looks atrocious. No one in my family of my generation other than me knows how to write their Chinese name, and family in my parents' generation don't even know how to read nor write either except for that one uncle. They actually went to me when making something important for the family because I was basically the only accessible person in the family who knows some stuff about the Chinese writing system.

I'm updating my old MacBook and it has the good 'ol Steam logo in the Dock! I like this one a lot more than the current cartooney-looking one.

There is no simplified version of my name. Suck it, commies.

Hong Kong. South coast represent!

....until youtube shows you dat piracy or copyright or whatever screen :/

Dat compression

icZj1H3.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #132,021 of 177,747
But no autographs as that would require a VIP ticket.... Well, meeting them irl is pretty cool.

The FB page is filled with fans wanting μ's.... LoveLive idol pop........ :S

I want them to come too

Watching Suzuko Mimori and Yoshino Nanjo on stage at the same time is gonna be a blast

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #132,024 of 177,747
I want them to come too

Watching Suzuko Mimori and Yoshino Nanjo on stage at the same time is gonna be a blast

Season 1's songs was just average for me tbh. I like Wake Up Girls more if it's by Season 1 impressions and songs. Maybe season 2 will change my opinion.

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #132,025 of 177,747
Season 1's songs was just average for me tbh. I like Wake Up Girls more if it's by Season 1 impressions and songs. Maybe season 2 will change my opinion.

Hmm their non anime songs are pretty good

I like season 2 op more than I like season 1

[rule]

Wow Eir Aoi is pretty good... I like Kasumi quite a lot

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #132,026 of 177,747
Speaking of YouTube compression, I found this because the following 35-second video took like 15 minutes to upload.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Pet peeve with the MacBook (I've mentioned this before):

What the backlit display usually does:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3GEKoYHBx4[/video]

What it's supposed to do:

Stay on and produce a responsive screen like any other computer monitor.

Anyone else have this problem?

Fixed that for me. The original audio was 16/44.1, so I guess it's streaming at 384 kbps. XD

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #132,027 of 177,747
Wow, you guys made so many posts when I was gone for such a short time!

Yeah that was back when I was testing the WiFi at one of the new dorms since they installed the fancy fibre stuff there I think.

I get average Comcrap speeds at home
3794863187.png

The internetz always craps out throughout the day though and I need to plug/unplug the modem and router about once a week since it dies every now and then.

I also have Comcast. I guess they offer different speeds in different areas, because I have the cheapest option available in my area, yet it's twice as fast as that. Maybe you have faulty or outdated equipment?

There was an auction up on Yahoo Japan for most of her old discography, it had around 25 CDs, and at that time I already had around 18 of those. This was before she did anisongs, so it was a few years ago at least, and she was relatively unknown.

The auction ended at $500 which I thought was waaaay to rich for my blood, so I didn't bid on it.

To this day I still wonder whether it was okay to let it go, because those CDs are priceless now and impossible to find. Then again, I don't really like it when people profit like that off used CDs which was the main reasons I didn't bid.

I regret not bidding... 
frown.gif

I once sold a CD on eBay for between $200 and $300 because it was a first press version limited to 1,000 copies or so, it was autographed, and the artist committed suicide. (Wow, that sounds dark.)

That's insane.

Would love to own that album, but I don't care much for collecting CDs any more, aaaaand it's all on Youtube. 

What a time to be alive. 
tongue.gif

YouTube is my last resort. Some links sound literally ten times worse than the CD.

And yup, I totally agree on the Cantonese part being a traditional *pun intended* Chinese. I'm sad that I never really got to know my family's dialect which is similar to Cantonese. No one in my generation knows it unless their parents speak it at home, and no one in my family can write Chinese except for the grandparents and my oldest blood-related uncle. I can't really communicate with my grandparents since they speak broken English and my family isn't really close to my uncle either. Such is the life of a third-generation American... : (

At least I know how to write my name in traditional Chinese. My name in Simplified looks atrocious. No one in my family of my generation other than me knows how to write their Chinese name, and family in my parents' generation don't even know how to read nor write either except for that one uncle. They actually went to me when making something important for the family because I was basically the only accessible person in the family who knows some stuff about the Chinese writing system.

Oh, that's cool. Are you 100% Chinese? One of my oldest friends is 100% Albanian. I'm 25% Portuguese.

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #132,028 of 177,747

Youtube compression can range from bad to exceptional. Case in point for the latter - here is the most worthwhile video in Youtube:

Okay, maybe that and The Screamer and the other masked violinists.  

The conductor and concert master looked familiar... then I hit the play button and knew why :p

I just finished watching Shihaisha no Tasogare. Weird stuff 
blink.gif
 Felt like the X/1999 movie all those years ago.

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #132,029 of 177,747
Speaking of YouTube compression, I found this because the following 35-second video took like 15 minutes to upload.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en
Pet peeve with the MacBook (I've mentioned this before):

What the backlit display usually does:

What it's supposed to do:

Stay on and produce a responsive screen like any other computer monitor.

Anyone else have this problem?

Fixed that for me. The original audio was 16/44.1, so I guess it's streaming at 384 kbps. XD

I don't remember posting that post 
confused_face_2.gif

iPhone 5's and their soft frames...logic board where the WiFi antenna is is broken, but miraculously the phone still works.

The display on that phone does something similar to that MacBook:

zpQfAtW.jpg

Quote:

Youtube compression can range from bad to exceptional. Case in point for the latter - here is the most worthwhile video in Youtube:

The conductor and concert master looked familiar... then I hit the play button and knew why :p

jks
BMffIjM.png

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #132,030 of 177,747
  Shin Ramyun vs. Nissin Demae Ramen. Which is best noodle?
KfheAiY.jpg
AsKGdoQ.jpg

Nissin. Second place goes to this one brand that sells huge udon bowls. Can't remember the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back