「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 12, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #129,167 of 177,747

That's cool, but you could have always ordered it online. (Then again, it's very expensive now.)

My best GameStop experience was when I was out for a pleasure ride and stopped by GameStop to see what they had. I decided on Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, and they just happened to have one copy left of the limited edition box, which they included as a bonus for the price of the normal edition!

I still kinda want this, though:

@ThickGlasses

Look at this DLC!

They even made Peace Walker headphones!

I remember the Mountain Dew DLC from ages ago, it still cracks me up to have that in such a serious game. Shame it's JP only...

Astro made a Peace Walker headset? *enters "must acquire" mode*

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #129,168 of 177,747
  I remember the Mountain Dew DLC from ages ago, it still cracks me up to have that in such a serious game. Shame it's JP only...

Astro made a Peace Walker headset? *enters "must acquire" mode*

Remember this?
biggrin.gif

(Calling all gamers. This is an awesome vid!)

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #129,169 of 177,747
Hm, interesting. If it's programmed into the DAC chip itself, you can just update that via firmware, but from what you're saying, it sounds like it's something you would have to configure on the hardware side.
Yeah, depending on how the designer of the product configured the digital side of things, you can change some parts of it with firmware updates.

Digital filters are apparently pretty complicated. This is something I've come across that seems like a pretty good read:

http://resonessencelabs.com/digital-filters/

This could be interesting to play around with too:
http://src.infinitewave.ca/

How to interpret the charts:
http://src.infinitewave.ca/help.html

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #129,171 of 177,747
Sup guys, been mths since i last checked in. Hope everything's fine! :)

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #129,174 of 177,747
@miceblue

I was having a conversation with someone recently and he told me this:

The 5th generation IPod Touch is also the loudest and best sounding IPod.

How does your older iPod touch compare to other DAPs you've heard? (And have you heard the newest iPod touch?)

Since it's much more expensive relative to its hard drive capacity, I wouldn't consider it to use as a DAP over the "audiophile" ones, but it is desirable in terms of other features, like camera, video camera, web browser, games, touchscreen, convenient small size, iOS 8, apps, etc.

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #129,175 of 177,747
Local Mandarin Radio was doing a special on Forrest Gump with the recent remastered release on 3DMax....

And she played the "Honest Trailers" version of it on air. I was grinning the whole time when I noticed and lost it when it got to "Featuring Things Mama said"

And the best part? I don't think she noticed how ironic the trailer she played was, going on go explain the "life is like a box of chocolates " part

Ahhhh... Today was a good day

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #129,176 of 177,747
@miceblue

I was having a conversation with someone recently and he told me this:

The 5th generation IPod Touch is also the loudest and best sounding IPod.

How does your older iPod touch compare to other DAPs you've heard? (And have you heard the newest iPod touch?)

Since it's much more expensive relative to its hard drive capacity, I wouldn't consider it to use as a DAP over the "audiophile" ones, but it is desirable in terms of other features, like camera, video camera, web browser, games, touchscreen, convenient small size, iOS 8, apps, etc.

Nope, I only have a Touch 2G. I've had no need for the Touch since I have an iPhone.

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #129,177 of 177,747
Local Mandarin Radio was doing a special on Forrest Gump with the recent remastered release on 3DMax....

And she played the "Honest Trailers" version of it on air. I was grinning the whole time when I noticed and lost it when it got to "Featuring Things Mama said"

And the best part? I don't think she noticed how ironic the trailer she played was, going on go explain the "life is like a box of chocolates " part

Ahhhh... Today was a good day

That movie was recently added to my Netflix "list"...haven't seen it in so many years!

Nope, I only have a Touch 2G. I've had no need for the Touch since I have an iPhone.

Hm, I wonder which sounds better between the newest iPod touch and iPhone.

Did you see the Starbucks video I posted? I can't remember who talks about Starbucks in this thread other than you.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back