「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 19, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #105,482 of 177,747

Oh wait... Most of the furniture I've bought is from IKEA.

Because omg it was a $300 headphone, but because it was a crap $300 headphone, it's on clearance now for $80. So clearly it must be good now, right guys?

ikea is the shiza, ikea hackers FTW.

my next command station is going to be epic, as soon as i pay all my med school loans..... now im depressed

clearly its amazing now..... but To be fair, they are hyping the TE-05...and im excited about them too

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #105,483 of 177,747
  Just bought stuff to upgrade my MBP

Samsung Evo 128GB SSD + 8GB Corsair RAM DDR3 + Apple HDD caddy Total =$120

I spent an hour looking at deals and prices.

the SSD itself is $91 right now, the 'more' Apple specific ram is $90 and the HDD caddy isn't really sold by Apple.

Excuse me? Only $120?

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #105,484 of 177,747
Ultrasone Pyco! Better than the GR07.
biggrin.gif

ive never even heard of these

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #105,485 of 177,747
  Hmm, most of the stuff that I've heard that has "great mids" has wonky treble. :|

Obviously in need better STAX amps and search for some Audio Technica. :wink:

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #105,486 of 177,747
  Lol, just one of the many ways the next FOTM bandwagon begins.

Do you have them yet? Did you pick a store with a good return policy? 
redface.gif

[I'll quit bashing them now until I get a chance to hear them...]

I'm curious, what product do you guys think has survived the FOTM bandwagon? What I mean by that is remaining popular even after FOTM time or is genuinely a good product.

I'd put the TG334 out there. I think it has been consistantly popular, although the limited supply of it might have contributed to that. But at least it wasn't a failure (popularity wise) like it's younger brothers and sisters (ahem F111, Parterre)... Parterre has been doing especially bad in the Japan market

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #105,487 of 177,747
Methinks Apple probably has it set up to only tell you wind speed if it's above 10mph or so. 16 is a pretty good rate I guess? Since you'll be driving a motorbike, it'll probably feel like a few more MPH of wind are hitting your face?

I can't wait to drive when the numbers are flashing red then....

I hear too much Imagine Dragons stuff. Some friends went to the on Wednesday (was it Wednesday?) concert... I don't get it. Completely ignored all the fangirling and went on with my life.

I think I bought 2 or three songs from that same album, just now noticed they sound horrible lol.

I do have a question.

Imocho episode 7 wasn't a filler, right? Just making sure....since it did not entertain me...

Yeah man.... Too much story and talking, not enuf "substance" :yum:

ive never even heard of these

tumblr_myvv07At841rmin5no1_400.gif

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #105,488 of 177,747
I'm curious, what product do you guys think has survived the FOTM bandwagon? What I mean by that is remaining popular even after FOTM time or is genuinely a good product.

I'd put the TG334 out there. I think it has been consistantly popular, although the limited supply of it might have contributed to that. But at least it wasn't a failure (popularity wise) like it's younger brothers and sisters (ahem F111, Parterre)... Parterre has been doing especially bad in the Japan market

1plus2 is sticking around for the uber high dollar stuff. Gr07 too. TF10 is still around.

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #105,489 of 177,747

How about ATH M50's?

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #105,491 of 177,747
  Excuse me? Only $120?

Not sure if that is a lot for you guys

But that is a bargain deal.

Considering the $120 cost includes the replacement caddy for the Macbook Pro, a new Samsung EVO SSD and Corsair DDR3 8GB Ram (laptop ram is expensive).

The Corsair RAM is 'Mac certified' too..NOT THAT IT MATTERS, it was cheaper, well received, and popular and so I got it.

You shouldn't use RAM that has different CAS or frequency from your computer. Mac's have poor performance if the RAM you get is 'better'.

There were 'slightly' cheaper PC RAM at 1333MHz, but my Mac was 1067MHz. Fromw hat I read, Mac's don't 'downclock' as 'well' and have support issues if you use RAM like that.

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #105,492 of 177,747

Lol, just one of the many ways the next FOTM bandwagon begins.

Do you have them yet? Did you pick a store with a good return policy? 
redface.gif

[I'll quit bashing them now until I get a chance to hear them...]

009 will be sticking around for a fair bit of time. Even if you can't get them anymore.

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #105,494 of 177,747
Now that I have heard K1000, R10, Orpheus, their asking price right now is a bit absurd, comparing what you can be getting for the same pile of dosh.

While they are quite special in their own right, but still. =/

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #105,495 of 177,747
Now that I have heard K1000, R10, Orpheus, their asking price right now is a bit absurd, comparing what you can be getting for the same pile of dosh.

While they are quite special in their own right, but still. =/

It's one of those novelty things.

Like Shelby mustangs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back