「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 19, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #146,851 of 177,745
Quote:
While Tenga toys may not be the first thing that comes to mind when one thinks “Valentine’s Day,” some highly imaginative artists capitalized on the romantic holiday to recast the popular adult products as robots. Don’t think of them as mere joke drawings, however; these creations are the real deal. We take a look at some of the spectacular art below.

The sudden explosion of Tenga-robot art seems to have originated with illustrator Kyoryu Kuramo, who gifted the world with this Tweet on Valentine’s Day.

“It’s Valentine’s, so I thought I’d try a Tenga-turned-robot. Because it’s Valentine’s.”

From there, things quickly escalated into all-out mecha free-for-all, complete with Tenga weaponry and appendages.

As for Tenga itself, the love-aid company appeared slightly bemused by the sudden trend.

“Wh-what’s with the hash tag?! We’re going to have to take our time looking through these. If anyone’s offended by the images, let us change your mind with one of our products!”

Then again, we can’t help but think that the flurry of art is doing wonders as free publicity for the company, which celebrates 10 years of assisted self-romance this year. Stay tuned for more art to come; Kyoryu Kuramo already sent out the call for next month’s White Day.
Some samples, more at the link.

B9zaQgpCYAECqy6.png

B9zaTNsCcAAA3AN.jpg

B9zaZQ6CcAAo3iM.png

B9zaZbKCMAMltIc.png

B9zcOqhCcAAYqTr.jpg

B9zbF2pCMAEU5QC.jpg

B98YY7XIAAEHFlZ.png

B98Y2XjCAAA6Kus.png

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #146,852 of 177,745
Feb 19, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #146,853 of 177,745
Took me 47 hours to complete the Monster Hunter 4 tutorial.

...47 hours for just the tutorial?? Holy sheet. It'd probably take you less time to complete most games nowadays. >.>
I've got 88 hours logged in FE: A and 139 play time hours for Smash Bros.

Quote:
While Tenga toys may not be the first thing that comes to mind when one thinks “Valentine’s Day,” some highly imaginative artists capitalized on the romantic holiday to recast the popular adult products as robots. Don’t think of them as mere joke drawings, however; these creations are the real deal. We take a look at some of the spectacular art below.

The sudden explosion of Tenga-robot art seems to have originated with illustrator Kyoryu Kuramo, who gifted the world with this Tweet on Valentine’s Day.

“It’s Valentine’s, so I thought I’d try a Tenga-turned-robot. Because it’s Valentine’s.”

From there, things quickly escalated into all-out mecha free-for-all, complete with Tenga weaponry and appendages.

As for Tenga itself, the love-aid company appeared slightly bemused by the sudden trend.

“Wh-what’s with the hash tag?! We’re going to have to take our time looking through these. If anyone’s offended by the images, let us change your mind with one of our products!”

Then again, we can’t help but think that the flurry of art is doing wonders as free publicity for the company, which celebrates 10 years of assisted self-romance this year. Stay tuned for more art to come; Kyoryu Kuramo already sent out the call for next month’s White Day.

Some samples, more at the link.

B9zaQgpCYAECqy6.png

B9zaTNsCcAAA3AN.jpg

B9zaZQ6CcAAo3iM.png

B9zaZbKCMAMltIc.png

B9zcOqhCcAAYqTr.jpg

B9zbF2pCMAEU5QC.jpg

B98YY7XIAAEHFlZ.png

B98Y2XjCAAA6Kus.png

I think they should throw in a female transformer. lol

No but really, those actually look pretty cool. I remember the days of Beast Wars: Transformers on Cartoon Network.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FKpU0pnne8[/video]

I still have a bunch of those transformer toys from different seasons.

Whoa, that looks awesome!!! Some of those in the second picture look like ears though :X

They're supposed to be gold ingots. XD
sku_19205_1.jpg

Southern farmers didn't get much gold back in the day, so coins and gold ingots were symbolised in foods.

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #146,855 of 177,745
  Now that I think of it, maybe Deadly could finally finish that Tilpo's β22 amp. I mean, third time's the charm, right? :p

LOL!! What was that like 2 years ago?
I've sealed the cursed amp deep below in my basement....

Well I don't mind if @deadlylover is willing to spend the time/effort/money on it.

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #146,857 of 177,745
8 hours at work today then 1 hour and 15 minute drive to school and waze decided to take me through the most sketch parts of LA to get to school, yikes! Spent few hours at school and finally home. Amazon package that I got delivered earlier today I unpacked and set up. Ordered a blue snowball, microphone arm, and a pop filter.

Set it up pretty quickly and my room is kinda messy and I planned to clean before Chinese New Year but laziness set it. I'll probably clean and organize things a bit better after the weekend. This red led on snowball is bothering me a bit and I might stick some electrical tape on it to cover it up. Plan to velcro the cable as it is a tad unorganized right now.

Oh and got some manga from work.

Some h titles and then henneko, library of books growing by quite a bit.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 20, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #146,861 of 177,745
  Now that I think of it, maybe Deadly could finally finish that Tilpo's β22 amp. I mean, third time's the charm, right? :p

That schiit still isn't fixed/done?

It's been 3+ years.....dafuq

8 hours at work today then 1 hour and 15 minute drive to school and waze decided to take me through the most sketch parts of LA to get to school, yikes! Spent few hours at school and finally home. Amazon package that I got delivered earlier today I unpacked and set up. Ordered a blue snowball, microphone arm, and a pop filter.

Set it up pretty quickly and my room is kinda messy and I planned to clean before Chinese New Year but laziness set it. I'll probably clean and organize things a bit better after the weekend. This red led on snowball is bothering me a bit and I might stick some electrical tape on it to cover it up. Plan to velcro the cable as it is a tad unorganized right now.

Oh and got some manga from work.

Some h titles and then henneko, library of books growing by quite a bit.

It's a sad life when you know most of those titles and that Stony Cat and Hentai Ouji is actually the only one there that isn't hentai despite its name lol

Witchcraft by Yamatogawa is quite nice :D Not a fan of Aqua Bless sadly

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #146,864 of 177,745
Top is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fa_gao

Bottom is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangyuan_%28food%29

LOL when I first read "Fa Gao" out loud, I thought it was "花膠" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swim_bladder

Yeah, dat shape..... lol
you should make one in the shape of an outer ear.

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #146,865 of 177,745
  Oh gawd! The typesetting makes them look like kids' picture books...
tongue.gif

There's more than a few reasons a number of bookstores don't carry our h titles.

It's a sad life when you know most of those titles and that Stony Cat and Hentai Ouji is actually the only one there that isn't hentai despite its name lol

Witchcraft by Yamatogawa is quite nice :D Not a fan of Aqua Bless sadly

Unplanned coincidence 
wink_face.gif

Between Witchcraft and Aqua Bless I would say I prefer Witchcraft though I do like a few chapters in Aqua Bless. Favorite Yamatogawa is definitely Power Play for me, need to get around to reading his unlicensed work/newer stuff but I just lack motivation to read manga after I spend all day working on it lol.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back