「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 29, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #145,066 of 177,745
Whenever I see green illuminated keyboard, my mind would automatically regard it as Razer.

Welp I used to like LED keyboards but now I could care less

Razer's lights are a darker green though, aren't they? I really like this lighter green LED.

Personally I usually don't use a backlit keyboard either, but it's nice to have the option. Usually backlit keys burn my eyeballs in the dark, but these LEDs don't seem to do that, which is awesome. My MacBook's white LEDs make me feel nauseous for some reason, so I definitely don't use those.

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #145,067 of 177,745
Does 10 have any scaling issues on high DPI displays?

How would you asses that? So far it looks fine on the Retina Display with whatever default DPI settings it has (I think it's 150%), but so did Windows 8 and 7 from what I recall.

Actually, scratch that. Scaling looks fine without blurriness within Windows itself. The printscreens didn't turn out at all though.

The largest scaling

The smallest scaling

What the default scaling is

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #145,068 of 177,745
Razer's lights are a darker green though, aren't they? I really like this lighter green LED.

Personally I usually don't use a backlit keyboard either, but it's nice to have the option. Usually backlit keys burn my eyeballs in the dark, but these LEDs don't seem to do that, which is awesome. My MacBook's white LEDs make me feel nauseous for some reason, so I definitely don't use those.

My Blackwidow TKL isn't illuminated but looking from my Taipan, I guess it is dark green.
I used to use backlit coz my brother sometimes stayed over and he slept earlier than me, and he likes it totally dark so I needed the backlit.

--------------------------------------------

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUUGGGGG!!!????
IT'S STARTED F'ING SNOWING AND JUST WHEN I HAVE TO RIDE MY BIKE TO THE POST OFFICE!?
GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!??

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #145,069 of 177,745
  I kinda regret bringing MX Blue to a leture. *click click click

And this is why you need a 13% keyboard..

Kongou is probably my favourite character from the series, just because of her voice...

Is there anything else one could like her for besides her voice and appearance?
Does she have anything that could resemble a personality?

Also, who was the person who got the K7XX? Might I pm whoever you are?

That would be me. Sold it to Rozenberg.

bigsmile_face.gif

This is nice and everything but too politically correct. Japan needs to grow a pair. Is satire even allowed over there?

That must be a horse.....

Looks more like a cow to me.

I know not what means poi. Poi 

Dysmenorrhea.

:-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

So it's a Shadow Warrior/DMC mod for Doom? Looks hype, I guess.

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #145,070 of 177,745
  WHAT THE ACTUAL FUUGGGGG!!!????
IT'S STARTED F'ING SNOWING AND JUST WHEN I HAVE TO RIDE MY BIKE TO THE POST OFFICE!?
GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!??

Come on, cycling through snow isn't that bad. Certainly better than rain.

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #145,071 of 177,745

That would be me. Sold it to Rozenberg.

NOOOOO don't let him PM me I'm complete noob if asked about sound signature or comparison to other headphones etc.
And I'm too embarrassed for that >////<

Come on, cycling through snow isn't that bad. Certainly better than rain.

Well yeah I did once last week. Got sick the next day presumably because 1) the snow, 2) then slept late

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #145,072 of 177,745
Wooow...I LOVE this keyboard!
http://www.rabbitwebfactory.com/pages/kbt_race_2_limited_edition

Maximum brightness

Minimum brightness; the LEDs are a yellow-ish green colour, so they don't burn my eyes in the dark even on maximum brightness.

No steel backing beneath the keys, but it makes the keyboard really lightweight.

All it needs are some O-rings, but normal typing is pretty quiet compared to the MX Reds on the Corsair K90, except for the F-row keys since they're a lot larger than normal and are thus noisier.

Thanks NLNH for helping me through the process!

I thought Cherry forces manufacturers which use their switches to include metal backplate. Did that change?
Btw I highly recommend HHKB if you're okay with compact keyboards. Topre switches are a lot of fun to type on :D

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #145,074 of 177,745

Does 10 have any scaling issues on high DPI displays?

How would you asses that? So far it looks fine on the Retina Display with whatever default DPI settings it has (I think it's 150%), but so did Windows 8 and 7 from what I recall.

Actually, scratch that. Scaling looks fine without blurriness within Windows itself. The printscreens didn't turn out at all though.

I think we'll only know on a high display density touchscreen Windows machine.

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #145,075 of 177,745
Had a naughty multimeter in my last shipment, AC inlet line filter blew up and spat flames 6 inches out the back. That potted epoxy/tar substance is soo stinky, took a couple of days to air out the garage.

A life of operation at 100V meant that the line filter caps promptly exploded 5 seconds after I applied 230V mains on it poi.

The culprit poi.

You can barely see the O-ring on the top edge of the AC inlet socket, that's where flames shot out I presume. Lots of nasty sticky orange gunk poi.

After some skirt lifting, there she is!

The AC inlet was riveted in, so I had to believe and drill into the heavens.

New AC inlet installed, a lovely Thai jobbie instead of the original Swiss one. I also polished up some of the rust with a dremel.

Ready for combat poi.

I paid 90 bucks and a new AC inlet cost another 10, dat value. :3

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #145,076 of 177,745
  TOOM YUUM GOOOOONG
God hasn't forsaken me! Lord has sent the sun to open my path to a new day!
No cycling among the snowflakes anymore!

Okay really, Germany's weird

Not weird, rich in variety!
Way more kinds of weather than S.E.O. has.

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #145,077 of 177,745

Not weird, rich in variety!
Way more kinds of weather than S.E.O. has.

Quote:
  TOOM YUUM GOOOOONG
God hasn't forsaken me! Lord has sent the sun to open my path to a new day!
No cycling among the snowflakes anymore!

damn God has forsaken me. It started snowing again

Okay really, Germany's REALLY weird

I edited it

1200AM
tong. This goes my path of life.... under light snow rain

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #145,079 of 177,745
I thought Cherry forces manufacturers which use their switches to include metal backplate. Did that change?

Btw I highly recommend HHKB if you're okay with compact keyboards. Topre switches are a lot of fun to type on :D

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% certain. I've seen a few reviews for other Cherry keyboards without the backplate. What does the backplate even do anyway?

Ah the HHKB Pro, not just the HHKB. The non-pro one uses membrane keys whereas the Pro uses the proper Topre ones. I thought about it earlier, but for $230 or whatever, that's pretty pricey for a 60% keyboard, which is probably too small for my preferences since I at least like having dedicated arrow keys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back