「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 17, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #130,038 of 177,745

qSqeDoK.gif

OMG this pic just made me melt

zxwgq2g.gif

Sep 17, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #130,039 of 177,745
I can count the electronic artists that I like on one hand.

Mr Scruff is one of them:

Hmmm.
I kinda like Gorillaz, I occasionally listen to Massive Attack, and there's some music that often uses synthesizers that I sometimes listen to (still more rock than electronic).

Also, there's Kimonos. A project of a band member from Number Girl (one of my favorite bands), and also related to Zazen Boys.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycRvcVdlxIY[/VIDEO]

But, this...!

Now that's something I haven't heard in a while.
I used to listen to Rammstein a lot about 5 years ago, but I kinda grew out of it eventually. Still remember most of the lyrics from songs like these, lol.

Sep 17, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #130,042 of 177,745
'Sup everyone?
I'm on my voyage back up to college and the lack of a desktop made me bored enough to head back to the thread for a post.

Hmmm, I will have to get used to this. I will be using a budget class laptop instead of my 3 monitor desktop setup for 5 months. I wish I could take along 200kg with me to Japan, instead of 30kg. orz.

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #130,043 of 177,745
Watching Deadman Wonderland now, since it was added to Netflix and only has 13 episodes.

Good stuff. My kind of horror.

I really liked Mai and Kazuya. My upcoming post about voice actors is actually based on Ghost Hunt.

I kinda like Gorillaz, I occasionally listen to Massive Attack, and there's some music that often uses synthesizers that I sometimes listen to (still more rock than electronic).

I have seven Gorillaz CDs, but don't really listen to them that often.

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #130,044 of 177,745
Hmmm, I will have to get used to this. I will be using a budget class laptop instead of my 3 monitor desktop setup for 5 months. I wish I could take along 200kg with me to Japan, instead of 30kg. orz.

D: how much stuff were you planning to take over there?

And shipping them over beforehand is always an option, though I'm not sure how much space you will have for the stuff considering Japan's average living spaces are smaller than the average master bedroom.

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #130,045 of 177,745
D: how much stuff were you planning to take over there?

And shipping them over beforehand is always an option, though I'm not sure how much space you will have for the stuff considering Japan's average living spaces are smaller than the average master bedroom.

I have an 18m^2 room, so size is not really a problem.
And there wouldn't be that much to bring actually. Just my desktop, monitors and keyboard. My STAX phones + amp and speakers too. :D

But if I look at it realistically I'll just have to get used to not having any of those. I can bring the majority of my clothes, some books, and still quite a bit of miscellaneous stuff. 30kg is still a lot of luggage. And if I really feel the need for speakers, I could buy cheapo speakers when I'm in Japan.

Shipping stuff to Japan is just way too expensive, so I won't even bother with that. I just have to deal with it. :cool:
Sending a 10kg package would be about 60 euros. So I could indeed just send my desktop, but it's not that bad not to have it for a while.

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #130,046 of 177,745
I have an 18m^2 room, so size is not really a problem.
But if I look at it realistically I'll just have to get used to not having any of those. I can bring the majority of my clothes, some books, and still quite a bit of miscellaneous stuff. 30kg is still a lot of luggage
Sending a 10kg package would be about 60 euros. So I could indeed just send my desktop, but it's not that bad not to have it for a while.

That's a pretty big room, elbow space!

That's also a reason why I tend to go for portable gear, it's just way more useful for me. You could always grab a pair of IEMs while you are there, no shipping sounds sweet, lots of places to test them, the CKR10 is pretty good, plus they don't require an amp.

[rule]

[Spoiler = NSFW]
[/spoiler]

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #130,047 of 177,745
That's a pretty big room, elbow space!

That's also a reason why I tend to go for portable gear, it's just way more useful for me. You could always grab a pair of IEMs while you are there, lots of places to test them, the CKR10 is pretty good.

Don't really care about headphones anymore, so I don't at all feel the need to buy new gear.
I do have my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's, so it's not like I'll be going without music for the entire time I'm there.

Sep 17, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #130,048 of 177,745
Yeah, she's not even his imouto...

:p

Ganbare Vortex-kun! I can't offer you any advice because at that age, her hormone fuelled emotions are running buck wild and boy, making your intentions clear, easier said than done eh?

You're going to have to play the family card I'm afraid, or try to anyway...

Family card? You mean start a family right? I really hope of vortex plays that card, his cousin misinterpret it that way. Massive hilarity.

Sep 17, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #130,049 of 177,745
Watching Deadman Wonderland now, since it was added to Netflix and only has 13 episodes.

When you asked for shows to watch, i saw about 5 minutes if that one and it was one of the first ones that came to mind, but it wasn't really available anywhere so i didn't mention it.

How do you like it?

Good to see you're alive and well. College is fun.

Try Aldnoah.Zero. Ilya Prism if you can get past the lolis, has pretty good fights. Sabagebu is also pretty good for a laugh.

That.

I watched that!

I was at work =(
What was it like? And how big was the squid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back