「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 9, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #128,761 of 177,746
Holy ****.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/microsoft-near-deal-to-buy-minecraft-1410300213

2 billion Dollar.

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #128,762 of 177,746
  Must be nice to remember your dreams. The only time I can remember mine are on nights when I don't sleep well, and even then it's uncommon for me to remember them. I go to sleep and fall straight to delta sleep. No stage 1 or 2 for me. And when I wake, I wake from delta. I can count on one hand the number of dreams I've remembered over the past 5 years.

My dreams are so much more amazing than real life. Forgetting them is a tragedy!

I bought Deus Ex 3.
Most certain that I'll not be disappointed ♥

I was very impressed by a trailer I saw for one of those games...but I'm not really into FPS, so...

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #128,763 of 177,746

My dreams are so much more amazing than real life. Forgetting them is a tragedy!

I was very impressed by a trailer I saw for one of those games...but I'm not really into FPS, so...

You are missing out on one of the best Sci-Fi game series on this planet. It is as much FPS as Resident Evil is a 3rd person shooter.

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #128,764 of 177,746
popcorn.gif
Quote:
  You are missing out on one of the best Sci-Fi game series on this planet. It is as much FPS as Resident Evil is a 3rd person shooter.

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #128,766 of 177,746

All the screenshots and videos I've seen look just like a first-person shooter. It looks like a great game, but I've never played that style much. No good at it.

And Mass Effect looks like a space pew pew shooter.
Too bad that screenshots can't really tell you that about 70% of that game are dialogs.

Woah, hold on a second! There is something you are not good at?

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #128,768 of 177,746
  Woah, hold on a second! There is something you are not good at?

Alas, yes. I suck at first-person shooters...but I'm okay at third-person shooters and pretty good at side-scrolling space shooters.

You recognized Einhänder when I mentioned it, but I can't recall if you've played it. It's one of the most challenging games!

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #128,769 of 177,746

Alas, yes. I suck at first-person shooters...but I'm okay at third-person shooters and pretty good at side-scrolling space shooters.

You recognized Einhänder when I mentioned it, but I can't recall if you've played it. It's one of the most challenging games!

Pretty good at side-scrolling shooters.....ever tried one of the Touhou games? :p
Play through one of these on hard difficulty and I'll acknowledge your skills.

(oh but that is not side-scrolling blablabla)

I can beat the game on easy and like the first two levels on hard but that's about it.

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #128,770 of 177,746
Does anyone else like power pop / alternative rock like Third Eye Blind?

I love how energetic they sound. I'm jumping around the room dancing to it! (I don't like dancing, but I still do it as long as I know no one is watching.)

Pretty good at side-scrolling shooters.....ever tried one of the Touhou games? :p
Play through one of these on hard difficulty and I'll acknowledge your skills.

(oh but that is not side-scrolling blablabla)

I can beat the game on easy and like the first two levels on hard but that's about it.

I wouldn't even try playing that!

So have you played Einhänder?
biggrin.gif

The soundtrack is my favorite techno album.

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #128,771 of 177,746
Oho, that's pretty interesting!

If any of you are Mac OS X users, XLD has a beta plugin that can convert DSD64 files to DXD (24/352.8). The beta Geek Out firmware doesn't support DSD playback at the moment, so this is a pretty neat tool to use.
https://code.google.com/p/xld/issues/detail?id=243

3rd to last post has the download link. Just put the contained .bundle file in ~/Library/Application Support/XLD/PlugIns, drag a DSD file onto the XLD app icon and it'll convert to whatever format you have selected in the options. Don't use the .wav option though since it won't play back properly.

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #128,772 of 177,746
  I wouldn't even try playing that!

So have you played Einhänder?
biggrin.gif

Wimp!

No, I haven't. But I played almost every Touhou game, Jamestown, the whole R-Type series, the eXceed series etc etc.

Sep 9, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #128,773 of 177,746
  Wimp!

No, I haven't. But I played almost every Touhou game, Jamestown, the whole R-Type series, the eXceed series etc etc.

hehe, it's pretty insane, though it starts out easy enough. Here is the playthrough I posted earlier.

Do you like any racing games? At the moment, I really want to play one with night driving, rain, thunder, lightning, a mixture of city and rural landscapes, etc. WipEout racing games are pretty challenging too. Although I mastered WipEout HD / Fury at most levels, the highest difficulty setting makes it nearly impossible to win unless you avoid any mistakes.

Sep 9, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #128,774 of 177,746

They wont once your holiday romance is over. Happiness = low expectations 
tongue.gif

Yup this.

True that.

So who's staying up to watch the Apple conference? It starts in two hours. 
tongue.gif

First time watching it live :D. Hopefully the iPhone 6 will be the one I'll get. Plans for preordering...

No sapphire glass! Such disappoint!! Ion-strengthened glass=generic Corning Gorilla Glass.

Yeah, me too even though I'm not interested in all these wearables whatsoever. I really don't get these things....

It's really cool, but technology is really not far enough to make it into a feasible device. Input methods are crap, battery live is not infinite, weight, size, etc. May take a while for all things to improve, but I'm pretty sure in 10-20 years these things are going to become fairly common.

They need to be "self winding", like those automatic mechanical watches, so it charges using the kinetic energy of movement..

Hello... Excuse me for intruding.... Somewhat new user here at Head-Fi, not really new but haven't been active until recently. Found this thread while lurking and it caught my attention. Hope you guys don't mind me dropping by sometimes lol.

OMG iPhone 6! No one saw this coming at all, no way Jose.

Apple's been losing their ability to keep things under sheets since the iPhone 4. I remember back before the iPhone 5 was released, a realistic 3D render of it was released 3 months before it was officially released. The only difference was the headphone jack was on the other side of the Lightning port.

iPhone 6 (4.7", 6.9 mm thin) and iPhone 6+ (5.5", 7.1 mm thin)

Dat 1334x750 resolution

Holy sheet that battery life!

Oh never mind, I only saw the audio battery life. lol

Still pretty nice.

Yeah, my OnePlus One can only get 2 hours of mixed screen-on usage (videos+WiFi browsing+mobile data browsing).  

Up to 128 GB built-in memory, available September 19

Oh boy, I wonder how much they'll go for off contract in Australia...the 6+ is starting to look mighty temping, yet completely unnecessary for me. 
confused.gif

Finally, 128 GB! Meanwhile, Android's base capacity is still stuck at 16 GB...

I wonder if a 5.5 in phone may be too big?

It is. My old Galaxy S4's 5" screen was a good size, and now the OPO is a bit awkward to hold in one hand. The unnecessarily thick bottom bezel doesn't help, either.

Sep 9, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #128,775 of 177,746
All the screenshots and videos I've seen look just like a first-person shooter. It looks like a great game, but I've never played that style much. No good at it.

Not sure about Human Revolution, but there's a demo of the first one. Find it online, play it (if you are OK with FPP game from 2000) and and then tell me it's just an FPS.
You could as well get and play the whole game while you're at it.

Although just guns - are - a valid playstyle, even if simply harder. Human Revolution supposedly (haven't played it yet) discourages you from a violent playstyle - I think by giving you less XP? - which isn't that great because it makes one option simply better than others, but I'm not sure how much.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Yari
Back