Alright. I wonder how the non-edited version is 
blink.gif

Ahhh. The space bar is eating characters again 
mad.gif
 anyways
 Liszt's list of lax music

Jun 21, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #115,774 of 177,747
  Doesn't everyone?

I have a new image I wanna try out, somebody quote Walter White!

Look, I feel like I'm running out of ways to explain this to you, but once more I shall try. This fly is a major problem for us: It will ruin our batch, and we need to destroy it and every trace of it so we can cook. Failing that, we're dead. There's no more room for error, not with these people.

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #115,777 of 177,747
Quote of the day:

Hunter x Hunter is pretty famous for flipping cliches upside down and creating an engaging deep, philosophical, psychological experience

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #115,778 of 177,747
It was years ago, and it was just a weird memory leak probably. In any case it made firefox unusable at the time, and I didn't feel like spending any effort towards fixing the issue. So as a result I just got chrome.

Yeah I remember that, it was when 4 came out, and only get fixed after quite a few upgrades...
I just went back to 3.x that time

As one who used to have hundreds or even thousands of tabs all the time, chrome is simply unusable.

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #115,779 of 177,747

As one who used to have hundreds or even thousands of tabs all the time, chrome is simply unusable.

Ten pixel per tab? :wink:

This ******* show keeps bugging me.
NGNL.
Why is it ranked so stupidly high?
I mean, I could just watch it but that would be too easy (and possibly a huge waste of time).
Is there any chance that someone who despites gamer jokes, most fanservice and most escapism (broad term, I know) nerd-wish-fulfillment shows would like this anime?
The MC sounds like the person child of Lelouch and the main bloke from SAO. Absolutely not my thing. Really don't like these audience surrogate characters.
And is there more to his onee-chan-whispering prodigy loli sister?
I just don't get it. Does it's popularity really just stem from everyones obsession with videogames and nerd stuff these days? Target audience much? It looks pretty and well animated, but non one can tell me that this is a reason to watch it.

Jun 21, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #115,780 of 177,747
Submarine 707R.

Well... It's sh.it.
OK, as I've said in one of the previous posts, some time ago (a year or more  faux edit: scratch it,  it was about 3 years ago) I bought some used anime - original Polish releases. The guy was selling them as one package and there were some good ones (f. ex. Akira, Ninja Scroll, both GITS movies), but there were a few that are basically unknown and for a good reason.
In case someone asks how they got released: basically Japanese companies don't really sell the rights to good anime alone, but usually the western publishers have to also buy rights to some crap (or at least that's how it used to be). Typical... package deal (not sure about the english word, but you get what I mean), I think it's no secret.

Anyway: I found it while searching for something in my room, saw it's a 2 episode OVA (50 minutes each) and knowing it's probably crap, I thought I might check how bad it is, even if for a laugh. I sometimes do things like that. Dunno if it could help me appreciate better work more or if it's just my masochistic side coming out or something. But I do that.

And well, first thing I notice - English dub. Last time I heard English voices in anime was in Blood: The Last Vampire movie, but there just were American characters speaking in their own language. Quick check in settings and it turned out to only have English dub with Polish subs. To be honest, it's the only Polish release I can think of without the original audio (not that I had seen that many), but still. And the dub is bad. While the whole thing isn't good, this makes it even worse (after watching I skimmed through the bonus features and they all had original audio and from what I've heard, they sounded better.

Next thing are the graphics. This anime is the most inconsistent one I can think of. Character designs are all over the place: from what I've read, it was based on a 60s manga and it shows when we look on the main character (although if you ask me, he looks like he was from a comedy rather than action/thriller). On the other hand, the antagonist looks very "square" (not to be mistaken for Squaresoft/Square Enix) - in one review someone said he tries to be M. Bison from Street Fighter. With a touch of Blanka, I'd add. The other characters are generic. Like really, really, REALLY generic. And I don't really have to add that they scream "low budget" so much?
Oh, and there some flashbacks and they look like taken out from a cheap hentai (in more than one way).
Everything is mixed with 3d graphics, which while stand out from 2d, aren't really that bad. Suprisingly, some rare shots are drawn pretty well, but on the other hand they are unanimated stills, or have hardly any (and really basic) animation.

About other things... what can I say? The whole thing is just... There's some eco-terrorist guy named Red (well, the original was basically west vs. the communists, but since this adaptation has been made long after the fall of USSR, they tried to modernize it without thinking whether it fits) trying to clean the oceans from all this man-made junk swiming in it AKA submarines, ships and whatever is mechanical blah blah blah, the countries form an union against him and  in they send only one submarine for each country(?! so clever) bah blah blah and just hope the action scenes are good.
There are some characters introduced but all of them are useless (some are even featured in promo art, but serve a minimal role at best), things are basically taken out from the ass (big bad guy is shown as a lone wolf, but suddenly he has a whole fleet. He suddenly is a loving father and husband, but it leads to nothing, etc.). There are fights (submarine fights of course) and while they are probably the best scenes here, they aren't that great. They don't really get me excited, and leave me thith this "Oh, yeah. Mhm, they finished, whtever" kind of feeling.
And then the hentai-like flashbacks. They try to show the characters as family people etc (OK, that's not exactly all flashbacks, since the MC spends some time at home). And they are terrible. THE worst of the bad scenes. And as I've said before, they look like hentai in more way than one. For some strange reason they have fanservice, including loli, which is basically useless and feels really tacked on. It's cingeworthy not only in the fact that it exists (if you don't sike that kind of thing), but also how it stands out. I read about it on MAL before watching and I had no idea how they could squeeze it into the series. Now I know...

Won't really say anything about audio - because of the dub I didn't really pay attention to it and focused on visuals.

So I will say it again: it's stupid, it's ugly, it's sh.it. Don't have much to add. One thing: Interestingly, on MAL the director is noone other than Anno Hideaki, but it's not true. Actually he only directed the OP, which isn't specified until you check out his profile.The original director I think isn't listed He actually worked on things like NGE, but not as a director - mostly in animation (key animation/animation director). And one of the mechanical design guys worked on Macross.

But yeah... It's sh.it...

Jun 21, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #115,781 of 177,747
  Submarine 707R.

Well... It's sh.it.
OK, as I've said in one of the previous posts, some time ago (a year or more  faux edit: scratch it,  it was about 3 years ago) I bought some used anime - original Polish releases. The guy was selling them as one package and there were some good ones (f. ex. Akira, Ninja Scroll, both GITS movies), but there were a few that are basically unknown and for a good reason.
In case someone asks how they got released: basically Japanese companies don't really sell the rights to good anime alone, but usually the western publishers have to also buy rights to some crap (or at least that's how it used to be). Typical... package deal (not sure about the english word, but you get what I mean), I think it's no secret.

Anyway: I found it while searching for something in my room, saw it's a 2 episode OVA (50 minutes each) and knowing it's probably crap, I thought I might check how bad it is, even if for a laugh. I sometimes do things like that. Dunno if it could help me appreciate better work more or if it's just my masochistic side coming out or something. But I do that.

And well, first thing I notice - English dub. Last time I heard English voices in anime was in Blood: The Last Vampire movie, but there just were American characters speaking in their own language. Quick check in settings and it turned out to only have English dub with Polish subs. To be honest, it's the only Polish release I can think of without the original audio (not that I had seen that many), but still. And the dub is bad. While the whole thing isn't good, this makes it even worse (after watching I skimmed through the bonus features and they all had original audio and from what I've heard, they sounded better.

Next thing are the graphics. This anime is the most inconsistent one I can think of. Character designs are all over the place: from what I've read, it was based on a 60s manga and it shows when we look on the main character (although if you ask me, he looks like he was from a comedy rather than action/thriller). On the other hand, the antagonist looks very "square" (not to be mistaken for Squaresoft/Square Enix) - in one review someone said he tries to be M. Bison from Street Fighter. With a touch of Blanka, I'd add. The other characters are generic. Like really, really, REALLY generic. And I don't really have to add that they scream "low budget" so much?
Oh , and there some flashbacks and they look like taken out from a cheap hentai (in more than one way).
Everything is mixed with 3d graphics, which while stand out from 2d, aren't really that bad. Suprisingly, some rare shots are drawn pretty well, but on the other hand they are unanimated stills, or have hardly any (and really basic) animation.

About other things... what can I say? The whole thing is just... There's some eco-terrorist guy named Red (well, the original was basically west vs. the communists, but since this adaptation has been made long after the fall of USSR, they tried to modernize it without thinking whether it fits) trying to clean the oceans from all this man-made junk swiming in it AKA submarines, ships and whatever is mechanical blah blah blah, the ****ries form an union against him and  in they have this genious idea of being reprsented by only one submarine for each country(?!) bah blah blah and just hope the action scenes are good.
There are some characters introduced but all of them are useless (some are even featured in promo art, but serve a minimal role at best), things are basically taken out from the ass (big bad guy is shown as a lone wolf, but suddenly he has a whole fleet. He suddenly is a loving father and husband, but it leads to nothing, etc.). There are fights (submarine fights of course) and while they are probably the best scenes here, they aren't that great. They don't really get me excited, and leave me thith this "Oh, yeah. Mhm, they finished, whtever" kind of feeling.
And then the hentai-like flashbacks. They try to show the characters as family people etc (OK, that's not exactly all flashbacks, since the MC spends some time at home). And they are terrible. THE worst of the bad scenes. And as I've said before, they look like hentai in more way than one. For some strange reason they have fanservice, including loli, which is basically useless and feels really tacked on. It's cingeworthy not only in the fact that it exists (if you don't sike that kind of thing), but also how it stands out. I read about it on MAL before watching and I had no idea how they could squeeze it into the series. Now I know...

Won't really say anything about audio - because of the dub I didn't really pay attention to it and focused on visuals.

So I will say it again: it's stupid, it's ugly, it's sh.it. Don't have much to add. One thing: Interestingly, on MAL the director is noone other than Anno Hideaki, but it's not true. Actually he only directed the OP, which isn't specified until you check out his profile.The original director I think isn't listed. And one of the mechanical design guys worked on Macross.

So it's ranked #5043 on MAL for a reason :p
You can still do some arts and crafts stuff with the DVDs. Glue them on your noodle art pictures.

Jun 21, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #115,782 of 177,747

The main problem with tabs is that chrome using one process per tab..
Well, I was used to have chrome as secondary browser for some time, but moved to a firefox mod after a while. Too many problems, ugh.

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #115,783 of 177,747
So it's ranked #5043 on MAL for a reason :p

With a rating of 6.43 - too high.
Also, it's still ranked higher than all of these Marvel adaptations. Were they really that bad?

And browsing the list down to see what's ranked worse, I've found some... gems when it comes to titles: :p
http://myanimelist.net/anime/14045/Mangirl!
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4147/Doggy_Poo

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #115,785 of 177,747
  Hmmm foxes like this:

No creepy furry stuff!

Hmmm I don't really care about these minute differences in loading speed. Speed isn't all that important to me (as long as as it's not super slow :p)

Dayum, TYG is comming over to the dark side.I mean good side. 
  Alright. I wonder how the non-edited version is 
blink.gif

Ahhh. The space bar is eating characters again 
mad.gif
 anyways
 Liszt's list of lax music

Blue Gender was quite a nice watch, makes you think a bit differently in the end. 

Doesn't everyone?

I have a new image I wanna try out, somebody quote Walter White!

Say My Name

This ******* show keeps bugging me.
NGNL.
Why is it ranked so stupidly high?
I mean, I could just watch it but that would be too easy (and possibly a huge waste of time).
Is there any chance that someone who despites gamer jokes, most fanservice and most escapism (broad term, I know) nerd-wish-fulfillment shows would like this anime?
The MC sounds like the person child of Lelouch and the main bloke from SAO. Absolutely not my thing. Really don't like these audience surrogate characters.
And is there more to his onee-chan-whispering prodigy loli sister?
I just don't get it. Does it's popularity really just stem from everyones obsession with videogames and nerd stuff these days? Target audience much? It looks pretty and well animated, but non one can tell me that this is a reason to watch it.

It's simple, NGNL just isn't for you :/

Well... It's sh.it.

Oh, and there some flashbacks and they look like taken out from a cheap hentai (in more than one way).

About other things... what can I say? The whole thing is just... There's some eco-terrorist guy named Red (well, the original was basically west vs. the communists, but since this adaptation has been made long after the fall of USSR, they tried to modernize it without thinking whether it fits) trying to clean the oceans from all this man-made junk swiming in it AKA submarines, ships and whatever is mechanical blah blah blah, the countries form an union against him and  in they send only one submarine for each country(?! so clever) bah blah blah and just hope the action scenes are good.

So I will say it again: it's stupid, it's ugly, it's sh.it. Don't have much to add. One thing: Interestingly, on MAL the director is noone other than Anno Hideaki, but it's not true. Actually he only directed the OP, which isn't specified until you check out his profile.The original director I think isn't listed He actually worked on things like NGE, but not as a director - mostly in animation (key animation/animation director). And one of the mechanical design guys worked on Macross.

Hey, Accoun's first HF review?

Thanks for the thoughts, I looked up some images, and couldn't find any cohesive graphics on what the anime was about. I guess it sucked so much and had so little exposure or anything remarkable that nobody cared to put real images online

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back