「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 8, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #114,736 of 177,745

lol

Plastic nee san

@Eve tan

We forgot the Hyouka ED and OP's on the ani song compilation lol

@Tom Yum Goong

On Hyouka
I'm having very conflicting thoughts about the show. Currently on 12, and I've noticed that the show, like you say, uses a lot of mellow SoL mystery's. They aren't exactly all that interesting during 'down' times and so, the show will often use Chitanda doing cute things, or sly things from the MC and Chitanda to fill in. The OP and ED's of both 1 and 2 are also extremely suggestive of these themes theya re using.

And thus the issue is that I can't but help to be conflicted by if Hyouka is mearley a show with a plan to be mellow with mystery's that realizes it needs Chitanda cuteness or else nobody would give a rats ass about it, or if it is a show that is great at execution and is about to meld everything together. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #114,738 of 177,745
This is the only thing that's stopping me from watching the new animes:

If I run out of quota before the usage cycle ends, the already slow ADSL2+ speeds drop to dial-up!

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #114,740 of 177,745
  This is the only thing that's stopping me from watching the new animes:

If I run out of quota before the usage cycle ends, the already slow ADSL2+ speeds drop to dial-up!

Dayum....

Try compression techniques like a VPN that has massive compression or a program that will do it. Or use web apps or apps like Opera Turbo that do a schiit ton of caching and compression

Another technique would be to get a VPS and remote desktop to it. This mainly only works well for accessing static content and downloading large files there and then 'viewing' the static files. 
Example would be say your job requires access to large manuscripts or data 24/7 but isn't good enough to provide or care that you have a data cap at home. You could then use a vps and remote in as a way to bypass your data caps limitations. Not sure how much data rdp or VNC uses, but for that circumstance, it should be less.

But for anime viewing?....yeah......

You could get a seedbox or a vps and then download anime or large files there. Then get a laptop, and use a public hotspot (starbucks or University or school) to access and download it onto a hard drive during class (in your backpack) and then have all the files locally at home

......yeah, all I can think of at the moment besides using mobile hot spots and tethering to computer if you somehow had a grandfathered mobile hotspot unlimited data plan

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #114,742 of 177,745
  @bowei006 Metrocrap prices are going through the roof over here.

I've used every company in our area twice over

It went like this

ATT
Metrocast
ATT Uverse
Metrocast -Highest plan possible

and I can tell you one thing. You want Metrocast

And two, your area sucks. Sorry it does, but it does. My area is pretty much near perfect. Granted I live near one of their neighborhood boxes (not one of the small ones, but ones that are the size of a car).

The prices are by no means optimal, and during heated times, the service really has some issues. Sometimes when they perform maintenance, it requires you to reset your own modem or else you get really really crap speeds until you do.

You may want to read this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/comments/17d1dw/i_am_not_fixing_this/

It's tech stories and this one deals with cable companies etc etc. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #114,744 of 177,745
  I know Metrocast is the best I'm going to get. Just that sad positioning...location, location, location.

A litle more out of this area and you'll have Comcast....which more or less buys everything it can and every local cable company it gets its eyes on if it is profitable. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #114,745 of 177,745
  A litle more out of this area and you'll have Comcast....which more or less buys everything it can and every local cable company it gets its eyes on if it is profitable. 

*cringe*

They pulled out of here and I kind of wish they didn't since it's basically a duopoly here now. Comcast would probably force Metrocast to be a bit more competitive.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #114,747 of 177,745
There's plenty of reasons why I'm glad I still live with my parents (easy now, I'm only 19!), one of them is that when we bought the house about 13ish years ago. We stuck with our ISP (Rogers) ever since.  We started asking for "loyalty incentives" for our internet. Now we has unlimited internets!
Although, I really wish I could go to the University of Washington just for the gigabit speeds. The entire 1080p Bakemonogatari Series downloaded in 5 minutes would be great.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #114,748 of 177,745
  There's plenty of reasons why I'm glad I still live with my parents (easy now, I'm only 19!), one of them is that when we bought the house about 13ish years ago. We stuck with our ISP (Rogers) ever since.  We started asking for "loyalty incentives" for our internet. Now we has unlimited internets!
Although, I really wish I could go to the University of Washington just for the gigabit speeds. The entire 1080p Bakemonogatari Series downloaded in 5 minutes would be great.

Keep in mind seeders.

Those europeans with those gigabit down and up speeds and then my crappy 1Mbps upload. XD

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #114,750 of 177,745

Don't want to study for finals yet. Need something to watch...

Boku no Pico?

I actually just watched the first episode. I had no idea what it was about beforehand so that was a bit surprising. I didn't think it was too bad overall; it's your typical hentai-like "plot," but it's creepy to see some adult dude doing a pre-teen-looking person. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back