「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 8, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #114,676 of 177,745
  Is nice that MoD allows you to play airsoft in their combat training sites and not have to use ugly orange tips on everything.

UK is a nice place eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_(subculture)

?

I don't get what a MoD is?

Ministry of Defense or that thing up there?

You serve in UK armed forces?

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #114,677 of 177,745
  Rail Wars 
rolleyes.gif

80% of the promo pictures feature Makoto Shinkai backgrounds w/uber sensual erotic art but with full clothing

Glad to know I'm not the only one looking forward to this.

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #114,678 of 177,745

Is nice that MoD allows you to play airsoft in their combat training sites and not have to use ugly orange tips on everything.

UK is a nice place eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_(subculture)

?

I don't get what a MoD is?

Ministry of Defense or that thing up there?

You serve in UK armed forces?

Ministry of Defence, and no, I am not serving in the British armed forces. Just that access to sites like the Longmoor training camp is not strictly limited to military personal.

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #114,679 of 177,745
Thought my MG Sinanju snap build went quickly, but obvious now it's just because I didn't have to cut-cut-shave-sand-sand-sand-sand everythingggggggggggg.

All those pieces? Just for the ******* feet.

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #114,681 of 177,745

Ooooh, thanks for sharing that list!

I finally filled up my 80GB iPod Classic with music so I've been forced to transcode to AAC 256 now D:

No problem! I went through many samples of trying to compare FLAC and highest AAC quality. If anything FLAC sounds minuscule tads warmer and natural through my odac (might be a placebo?), but not even close to justifiable to having a song that's 40mb each.

Meh, I keep stuff in ALAC only mostly so I can transcode it to whatever format I want, just like I had to do yesterday lol. It's probably just a placebo though, but who knows. How did you arrive at AAC 400kbps by the way? :xf_eek:

Elfen Lied- Lilium
Gundam Seed-I wanna go to a Place

The songs don't click for me OAO

I'll give you some recommendations soon once I get done with uni. This is finals week for micey and I so I'll be busy :)

Anyone know of a jack extender thats similar to an impedance adaptor or a 1/8 to 1/4 in jack converter. My right angle connector doesn't fit through my case, and I don't want an extender that has extra line, I want to just plug and play.

I think Switcheasy includes them with some of their cases... So maybe just buy a Switcheasy case? I had some that came with my iPod but I think they're long gone. D:

More cat pictures 
biggrin.gif

Aww, that's some cute neko!

Wow, I've been using my borrowed DSLR cameras wrong. >.>
RAW is clearly the best format to shoot in. XD

RAW* -> TIFF -> Preview app -> Screenshot

JPG* -> Preview app -> Screenshot

*The Canon Rebel T5i can shoot RAW+JPG at the same time

Lmao, most cameras can shoot in both I believe. Pretty sure you're trolling there, I see a slight difference but nothing huge. I think this highlights some of the advantages of RAW over JPEG quite well: http://www.slrlounge.com/school/raw-vs-jpeg-jpg-the-ultimate-visual-guide

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #114,682 of 177,745
Wow, I've been using my borrowed DSLR cameras wrong. >.>
RAW is clearly the best format to shoot in. XD

*The Canon Rebel T5i can shoot RAW+JPG at the same time

RAW master race!
Stupidly big files but it's so much easier to edit them.

My RX100 can do that too :p

Just bought a new barrel, gun stock, dual trigger, reflex red-dot sight, and remote line in for my paintball gun.
  #FirstWorldProblems
Just had a realization that I spent more on this paintball gun than a real gun would have cost

You know what's the actual sad thing here?
That you can buy a ******* real gun for this cheap.

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #114,685 of 177,745
Lmao, most cameras can shoot in both I believe. Pretty sure you're trolling there, I see a slight difference but nothing huge. I think this highlights some of the advantages of RAW over JPEG quite well: http://www.slrlounge.com/school/raw-vs-jpeg-jpg-the-ultimate-visual-guide

Wat? The difference is pretty big. You have to be blind to not see it. XD

And yeah I saw that link before. RAW looks way more dynamic and vivid compared to JPG. The blue sky in the gif looks like crap in the JPG version.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlXhcgEjraY[/video]

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #114,686 of 177,745
That's why I only shoot raw. Even if it eats my hard drive space like there's no tomorrow. Also a lot more room to do some corrections whether colour correction or exposure correction without the risk of adding artifacts like JPG does when editing.

Also DMMd:

I'm ready! July 6, can't effing wait! 
biggrin.gif

I just hope that they keep the charm of the characters intact and not make a fuss about it.
Looking at the trailer, I think it stays quite faithful to the VN.

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #114,687 of 177,745
  That's why I only shoot raw. Even if it eats my hard drive space like there's no tomorrow. Also a lot more room to do some corrections whether colour correction or exposure correction without the risk of adding artifacts like JPG does when editing.

+1

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #114,689 of 177,745
  I wonder what happens if you convert the RAW to JPG?

It will still stay the same as the RAW equivalent only without the headroom to make corrections.

Jun 8, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #114,690 of 177,745
Wat? The difference is pretty big. You have to be blind to not see it. XD

And yeah I saw that link before. RAW looks way more dynamic and vivid compared to JPG. The blue sky in the gif looks like crap in the JPG version.

JPEGs are processed in camera with corrections already taken place, notice how the vignetting is only there for the RAW file. Lightroom has lens correction profiles built in for heaps of equipment, so it will apply those as you import the RAW files.

Cameras always have funky presets for their JPEG files, and while they're all right for most uses, you definitely don't want any of that when taking pictures of the sky. RAW files don't really inherently look better, it's just the JPEG export presets ruining the JPEG, making the RAW file look 'better' than the JPEG in that particular shot.

Anyway, I like to shoot RAW because I have more leeway in bringing back images from doom, because I'm a dumb dumb and always have better things to do than to chimp after every shot making sure it's perfect. Also, since I use m43 I need the extra headroom because their low light capabilities aren't as good as their bigger sensor brothers.

Perhaps one of the biggest advantages is that you don't need to worry about white balance at all, it can all be done in post, which is extra useful in low light where cameras tend to be derpy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back