「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 12, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #110,296 of 177,746

but chips!? At least tell me you have cake or something later. 
tongue.gif

The baguette/bread sandwich part I can get behind, I do that quite often too living alone, but a can of yogurt just seems..... lacking, somehow,

I did have one slice of chocolate cake afterwards, yeah.

So what's this ping pong anime all about?

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #110,297 of 177,746
The ping pong anime seems really good.

Nothing is necessarily top notch, but I like how they adapt a different art style. Also they have two Chinese characters, and their Chinese voice acting sounds pretty good. Usually when you see foreign languages appear in anime, the voice acting is either done by really crappy foreign VA's, or Japanese VA's with an absolutely horrible accent. Neither of the two seems to be the case (granted of course, that I do not speak Chinese).

Other than that the voice acting seems pretty good. The animation does seem a bit low quality in terms of frame rate and detail, but it does have a nice feel to it.
Can't really say much about the characters and the setting yet, but it seems pretty alright.

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #110,298 of 177,746
I haven't eaten today yet. Although I will be having a pizza - my little sister has her birthday party today and since her friends came over (pls kill me, BTW ;_:wink: they'll be ordering some. At least...

(and yesterday I had leftover mashed potatoes with kefir, so not much)

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #110,300 of 177,746
@Shinigami no Testament
Woah~ glorious 720p resolution, comprehensive help menu, in-game dictionary, advanced audio control.... I smell a high-budget production
biggrin.gif

Not sure if I'm right about this but 720p seems to be the new standard for VNs this decade......

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #110,301 of 177,746
@Shinigami no Testament
Woah~ glorious 720p resolution, comprehensive help menu, in-game dictionary, advanced audio control.... I smell a high-budget production :D
Not sure if I'm right about this but 720p seems to be the new standard for VNs this decade......

No furigana *gasp*

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #110,306 of 177,746
  @Shinigami no Testament
Woah~ glorious 720p resolution, comprehensive help menu, in-game dictionary, advanced audio control.... I smell a high-budget production
biggrin.gif

Quite a few have 1080p, too. Tenshin Ranman and Dracu-Riot to name 2.

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin :

Awesome 1st episode. Very nice premise, still don't know too much about the cast but great start, Shiki was cool.

First Impressions : 8/10

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #110,307 of 177,746
The ping pong anime seems really good.

Nothing is necessarily top notch, but I like how they adapt a different art style. Also they have two Chinese characters, and their Chinese voice acting sounds pretty good. Usually when you see foreign languages appear in anime, the voice acting is either done by really crappy foreign VA's, or Japanese VA's with an absolutely horrible accent. Neither of the two seems to be the case (granted of course, that I do not speak Chinese).

Other than that the voice acting seems pretty good. The animation does seem a bit low quality in terms of frame rate and detail, but it does have a nice feel to it.
Can't really say much about the characters and the setting yet, but it seems pretty alright.

It's just Masaki Yuusa's style, and he does a great job capturing the feel of the game. It certainly much better than most of the stuff that airing this season. When it comes to Yuusa's use of color and camera angles, there aren't many directors that can match up with his (hypothetical) flair. 

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #110,308 of 177,746
Today was day one of the Spring Edition of Japan Touch Anime convention in Lyon. It wasn't as good as the fall version but it was nice.
I'll see if I'll post pictures or not but I will post this.

I just bought two sets of Japanese kit kat. Each set containing 10 boxes of 3 pairs of kit kat. :D

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #110,309 of 177,746
Darn it... Mekakucity Actors got Shafted... 

This is just Bakemonogatari with a Kagerou Project skin.

Nothing like the more original art from Madoka/Nisekoi.

Oh well, I didn't have high hopes for it, after all it orginated as a Vocaloid song series.

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #110,310 of 177,746
Today I went to a local Italian supermarket with some friends. Besides the whole supermarket stuff, they also have a really nice and fairly inexpensive bistro there where I had some pasta with beans and salsiccia. Really good stuff for the price!

I like furigana :|
Still anything but fluent in katakana and hiragana so I don't even bother with learning kanji for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back