「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 27, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #106,246 of 177,746
  Seems like Samsung wanted to target those types of people, doesn't it?

Just finished Corpse Party: Tortured Souls and Missing Footage. It was OK, I guess, but it had too much plot to fit into the 4x30 min timeframe. Also the Missing Footage was disappointing in several aspects.

Corpse Party?

Makes me think of Guilty Crown

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #106,248 of 177,746
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that the quality of anime is going down these days? Winter 2014 season I still haven't found more than a handful of anything really worth watching (only watching Strike the Blood, Nagi no Asukara, Noragami, Engaged to the Unidentified)

If I summed up every time I've seen someone say this and took it as the truth, then Anime has been declining every single season since about 1995. Most of the time I think the person saying it a) is growing up, or b) is growing tired of anime, seeing the same plots/tropes/etc season after season.

These people seem to end up giving up on watching anime and go the manga-only route.

That being said, this current season has been a bit of a let-down. As always I started with high hopes for several new shows. Unfortunately, there aren't any particular shows that would be a bona fide stand-out thus far for me. I tend to view shows from a "will be recommending this to people in two years" kind of way. With that mindset we are talking anime with broad marketability. For non-sequel or continuation shows this season, the only ones that come to mind would be D-Frag, Nisekoi, and Sakura Trick (mostly because yuri is rare). Possibly Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta but that would have a less broad appeal.

Also what Nekosou also tends to be true, though there have been many good winter season shows, in recent memory: (looking at old charts :wink: ) Tamako Market, Another, Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai, Inu x Boku, Gosick, etc.

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #106,250 of 177,746
I do this all the time with my GR07 BE's. I lower the volume and put on some light music or recordings of nature. I'll let you guys know if I ever wake up strangled. I've lost all feeling in my arm a couple times after sleeping the wrong way... quite terrifying feeling indeed.

I did this while listening to Robert Rich's 7 hour Somnium, which is meant to be listened to while sleeping.

I'm purty sure this would give me nightmares (O_O)

This is adorable, I want it in my life!

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #106,252 of 177,746
So I had a conversation over on another forum about IEMs vs. Headphones... I thought I'd post my concise pro/con list and see if anyone else had anything to add to it:

Pros:

- Isolation: Some IEMs isolate better than earplugs. Because of this, sometimes it's easier to hear micro details if there's any background noise in your envrionment.

- Portability: No over the ear or on-ear headphones will ever be as small and portable as IEMs

- Listen while you sleep? I personally don't do this but if you get IEMs that fit flush into your ear you can theoretically use them to listen to music while sleeping.

Cons:

- Harder to get good tonal balance: It seems a good majority of IEMs on the market have really harsh and painful treble or no treble at all, and bass that's either nonexistent or overbearing. Finding a good balance in between is more difficult than full size headphones and much harder than with speakers for the price.

- Maintenance: You have to clean the earwax off the tips and oil off the bodies every so often. It could also be said these aren't as sanitary and can be somewhat awkward to share with other depending on how much of a germaphobe you are.

- Lower Build Quality?: Some would argue that IEMs are easier to break, whether it be running them over or the cable losing connection somewhere between the connector and the earpiece itself. I mostly believe this, except it's also a matter of how well you treat your gear, and generally IEMs get a bit more abuse than your average over the ear full size headphone

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all these reasons, some people never use IEMs because they don't sound as good or they're afraid they'll break, or people are forced to use them because they listen on the go and can't carry around a set of full size cans, or they are in noisy environments where they won't get the most out of full size cans. In the end, the choice is up to you. 

Im currently debating.. FitEars....or another headphone.... FitEars... Or a better headphone....

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #106,253 of 177,746
Im currently debating.. FitEars....or another headphone.... FitEars... Or a better headphone....

Frogbeats
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #106,255 of 177,746
So I had a conversation over on another forum about IEMs vs. Headphones... I thought I'd post my concise pro/con list and see if anyone else had anything to add to it:
Pros:

- Isolation: Some IEMs isolate better than earplugs. Because of this, sometimes it's easier to hear micro details if there's any background noise in your envrionment.

- Portability: No over the ear or on-ear headphones will ever be as small and portable as IEMs

- Listen while you sleep? I personally don't do this but if you get IEMs that fit flush into your ear you can theoretically use them to listen to music while sleeping.

Cons:

- Harder to get good tonal balance: It seems a good majority of IEMs on the market have really harsh and painful treble or no treble at all, and bass that's either nonexistent or overbearing. Finding a good balance in between is more difficult than full size headphones and much harder than with speakers for the price.

- Maintenance: You have to clean the earwax off the tips and oil off the bodies every so often. It could also be said these aren't as sanitary and can be somewhat awkward to share with other depending on how much of a germaphobe you are.

- Lower Build Quality?: Some would argue that IEMs are easier to break, whether it be running them over or the cable losing connection somewhere between the connector and the earpiece itself. I mostly believe this, except it's also a matter of how well you treat your gear, and generally IEMs get a bit more abuse than your average over the ear full size headphone

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all these reasons, some people never use IEMs because they don't sound as good or they're afraid they'll break, or people are forced to use them because they listen on the go and can't carry around a set of full size cans, or they are in noisy environments where they won't get the most out of full size cans. In the end, the choice is up to you. 

Put this in con: the occlusion effect some IEM have. It's that suction feeling from the trapped air in your canal between the IEM and ear drum will bother some people, usually when used with unvented IEMs. This is still correct to my experience, although some say that CIEM solves this by tentacling next to your eardrum.

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #106,256 of 177,746
Feb 27, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #106,257 of 177,746

Pros:

Cons:

Build quality seems fine to me for the most part. In-ear earphones tend to never have good sound quality though. -_-

My USB 3.0 hard drive can get speeds up to 5 Gb/s. I highly doubt that I'll ever get close to that number.
dealwithit.jpg

Technically, it's 5 Gigabits/sec which is the bandwidth speed and not Gigabyte/sec which is transfer speed. A 5Gb/s bandwith has a 625 Megabyte/sec transfer speed.

Yeah I know. XD
Gb =\= GB

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #106,258 of 177,746
I have one more series I completed this past weekend, Scrapped Princess.

I really enjoyed this show. I am a big fan of the Sci-fi/Fantasy adventure genre, I think using "travelling companions" in a story gives you so many opportunities to develope characters as they are stuck in close proximity to eachother. You really get a feel for their unique idiosyncrasies this way. The pacing was very good as these types of shows often have some dead spots where not much happens, but I never felt bored with Scrapped Princess. For a show from 2003, I feel the art and style has held up very well.

The strength in this show for me was the way the story just builds and builds. They tell us what needs to happen very early on, so we just spend the course of the show cheering on the main cast as they fight through things to reach their goal. There was some political intrigue, a dash of romance, and an interesting main character in Pacifica, who has a lot of growing to do throughout their journey.

If you're tired of anime that have a classroom in them, you might want to check this one out :wink: .

8/10

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #106,260 of 177,746
I have one more series I completed this past weekend, Scrapped Princess.

I really enjoyed this show. I am a big fan of the Sci-fi/Fantasy adventure genre, I think using "travelling companions" in a story gives you so many opportunities to develope characters as they are stuck in close proximity to eachother. You really get a feel for their unique idiosyncrasies this way. The pacing was very good as these types of shows often have some dead spots where not much happens, but I never felt bored with Scrapped Princess. For a show from 2003, I feel the art and style has held up very well.

The strength in this show for me was the way the story just builds and builds. They tell us what needs to happen very early on, so we just spend the course of the show cheering on the main cast as they fight through things to reach their goal. There was some political intrigue, a dash of romance, and an interesting main character in Pacifica, who has a lot of growing to do throughout their journey.

If you're tired of anime that have a classroom in them, you might want to check this one out
wink.gif

8/10

2003  was a pretty good year for anime as well

Kinda reminds me of Infinite Ryvius, another excellent series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back