「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 20, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #105,601 of 177,745
Looked into your profile again, here you got another whiskey lover
size]

Whiskey is suuuper expensive here, something common like Ardbeg 10yo costs ~$67USD, but boy, do I love me some Islay single malts.

This is probably my favourite song, it's all I need to test audio gear. I guess hearing it live a few years ago makes it all the more special.

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #105,602 of 177,745

Whiskey is suuuper expensive here, something common like Ardbeg 10yo costs ~$67USD, but boy, do I love me some Islay single malts.

This is probably my favourite song, it's all I need to test audio gear. I guess hearing it live a few years ago makes it all the more special.

Whiskey is expensive here as well.... : (  When I was in UK that is way cheaper..... 
confused_face.gif

http://www.kavalanwhisky.com/en/default.asp <--- try this one if you got a chance, smooth like silk : 3

just ordered some calon segur and my stax budget is gone
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #105,605 of 177,745
  Whiskey is expensive here as well.... : (  When I was in UK that is way cheaper..... 
confused_face.gif

http://www.kavalanwhisky.com/en/default.asp <--- try this one if you got a chance, smooth like silk : 3

I will certainly try it for the experience when I come across it!

Which one did you recommend? Either the sherry or the ex-bourbon?

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #105,606 of 177,745

That is a pretty good song.

Hmm... this doesn't seem like the usual harem visual novel...

It's more like a travel guide with VN elements. Something like this.
Supposed to be really nice!

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #105,608 of 177,745
Yes! The streaming site of my choice finally has the Bayonetta movie!
I'm so gonna watch this piece of trash :D

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #105,609 of 177,745

I will certainly try it for the experience when I come across it!

Which one did you recommend? Either the sherry or the ex-bourbon?

I've tried this one only.... yet to taste the 2x year one
tongue_smile.gif

learning abt the reds these days....ai.... budget low....

A fd's arsenal... should have drunk 10 x 009s..... : /

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #105,610 of 177,745

Urgh, Balvenie 21, I wouldn't even consider buying that because it's chill filtered at 40% and looks like it has artificial e150 colouring.

AND they're charging 21yo money for that, what a joke. 
tongue.gif

yah this is seriously no good :frowning2:

Ouch thought you are in US but turns out it is Sydney.... so you probably can get Penfold at low price!!!!

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #105,611 of 177,745

I've tried this one only.... yet to taste the 2x year one
tongue_smile.gif

learning abt the reds these days....ai.... budget low....

Looks like that bottle costs $120 here in Australia, might be a bit too much for something that's bottled at 40%, with no age statement eitheerrrrrrrrrrrrr. It will have to wait until I find myself overseas.

I can't stand wine. 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #105,612 of 177,745

Looks like that bottle costs $120 here in Australia, might be a bit too much for something that's bottled at 40%, with no age statement eitheerrrrrrrrrrrrr. It will have to wait until I find myself overseas.

I can't stand wine. 
tongue_smile.gif

Nah you got to try this one... this is sth special, very smooth at room temp. 
biggrin.gif

Smooth as silk as described, forget abt aging just go and grab a bottle!

Drink some and listen to some Mahler No.6... 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #105,613 of 177,745
There we go, now we're back to regular posting speed!

Quote:
  lol 2 consecutive posts saying the same thing
biggrin.gif

Now... the real question:

16 or 19 billion?

LOL, wow...
Wonder who the second person is... 
rolleyes.gif

I think it's $16B with $3B stocks or something

Today is a pretty schitty day

BUT, thankfully, Golden Time and ALL THE BEST ANIME will be comming out later today 
gs1000.gif

didn't watch golden time yet XD, so far only watched "Ore no Nounai Sentakushi" and "Nagi no Asukara" and yet going to watch the 1st Episodes from "Log Horizon, Yuushibu, and maybe Non Biyori " and will keep what i like,  

the rest of the October list that i didn't mention = i didn't like and did  delete them :p i don't watch on going thats the thing, wishing that i didn't start  Nagi no asukara :< 

will start January's list at April ofc :p or later on, i am always  a season behind which got advantages :p specially for 12 eps anime hhehe

Watch Non Non Biyori now! :3

Lol, the journey around the states didn't make them sound any better?

Still crap, eh?

Just to clarify:

I don't think the replacement set are crap, they are simply underwhelming. I think the most they are worth after experiencing the GR07's is $200.

I don't like the sub-mid bass balance or bass texture, like vocals, and find the detail retrieval shallow.

I also just recently think I've found the spike people mention after increasing the volume in an attempt to understand the populous. I'm not sure about this either tho
frown.gif

You could say ME2 would gladly call the first set crap but they turned out to be defective. If they hadn't:

"as a package and for the price, ASG 2's are crap".
-UnityIsPower

I finally feel quite disappointed in how dale addressed my graph question. I complimented him a while back for comparing his phones to other options but now think Music123's post rings stronger.

Then again I have my own internal problems with feeling confident in my analysis of a products sound. I try posting stuff here and there to attempt stepping out of my comfort zone but I don't know.... and people should know I don't know... I think, right?

I still haven't posted them up for sale yet. I contacted eke about the revisions they are supposedly going to get and other peeps(some present here) about just general stuff on these. Someone contacted me when I posted I will sell, I was waiting for MF to post her impressions as I want to link all of them on the sale thread, including some PM snippets both good and bad.

Thanks fo them pics!!!!!

Yeah, I would agree. Compared to cheaper IEMs that are more balanced and cohesive, the G2 is underwhelming.

No problem and good luck selling! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Fast J-pop headphones picking guide:

As a person who listens to Anison / Vocaloid 90% of the time, I actually prefer more of a V-shaped sound signature. I don't really care about the vocals.

Eh? You can stand the treble of some anison recordings being boosted? 
eek.gif

To each their own... Lol

a lot or most of the people do so, but the super slacker me always want the all in one solution for the J-pop, thats why i did spend a lot of money and time testing :3 

but yes having many headphones for different genres is always good ^^ 

Try a 007mk1 or a modified 007A/mk2 with something like a KGSSHV/BHSE/DIY T2 powering it.

Slightly dark signature which is very forgiving of j-pop recordings, but still gives oodles of detail because of the electrostat speed/treble presentation. Normal dynamics with a slightly dark response just sounds a little too muddy IMO.

I've had the 007 for three years now, and I wouldn't trade it for anything, not even the 009. The life fiber synchronisation is strong for me! 
tongue.gif

It won't impress upon first listen, but that's exactly why I think it's so good, it just chews up whatever I throw at it without any of the Hi-Fi pantomime.

Grr, I hope someone at the next Seattle meet brings some 007s that I can hear.

How do you modify the 007 MK2 to make it sound better?

Lol, don't listen to this man Shini, he'll get you to join the STAX mafia and there's no going back once you're in the mafia like I am. 
cool.gif

Oh that's why my browser nearly crashed; it was trying to load OVER 9000!!! YouTube videos. >.>

That's what this thread is for: http://www.head-fi.org/t/561434/asian-music-chinese-japanese-korean

Just like we should post pen discussions in pen-fi, computer discussions in PC-fi, moe discussions in moe-fi, video game discussions in the various video game threads, and vocaloid songs in the vocaloid thread. But we don't. 
biggrin.gif

Whoa, I think I had a dream within a dream last night...

Feb 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #105,614 of 177,745
  Nah you got to try this one... this is sth special, very smooth at room temp. 
biggrin.gif

Smooth as silk as described, forget abt aging just go and grab a bottle!

Drink some and listen to some Mahler No.6... 
tongue_smile.gif

Big red flags already if you're describing it smooth as silk, a good single malt should be anything but smooth IMO. 

I think it's kind of like when people start out in audio, they want super duper bass. Comparing it to whiskey, I know when I first started drinking I thought that smoother was better too, but I have become more experienced since then.

But just like anything else, it all comes down to personal taste. 
wink.gif

How do you modify the 007 MK2 to make it sound better?

Basically, we plug some holes with blu-tak to get a proper seal.

Notice how if you lift off the SR-202's earpads sliiiightly to break the seal, the bass goes all boomy? Pretty much the same thing happens all the time with an unmodded 007A, I'm not sure why Stax made it that way.

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #105,615 of 177,745
I did not like them either...my brother does though.

Are you still looking for an upgrade or are you happy with the GR07 for now?

What did he like about them, pls, for my sanity.... :p

I'm going to keep my 07's and try out as many phones as I can. The only way I'll go full on purchase on anything from now on is if I can describe it as simply amazing. I'm looking at trying out Focal Spirit One Pros just to once again see if I like a headphone tyll rated well(didn't like momentum's, found them too mellow). I'm then looking to demo JH Audio Roxanne's to get a good idea of just how high the bar is. I'm going to be recieving some Ety's also to try out thanks to some very lovely people. I'll keep a eye out for demoing k3003's and ie800's also ect....

I really don't want to stop my headphone journey @ the ASG "fiasco" but if the ASG 2's actually turn out to represent the difference I will see with high end gear... The GR07's will be very lonely for a very long time.

They need to deliver me some ultra HD rainbows and unicorns!

LOL, wow...
Wonder who the second person is... :rolleyes:
I think it's $16B with $3B stocks or something

Watch Non Non Biyori now! :3

Yeah, I would agree. Compared to cheaper IEMs that are more balanced and cohesive, the G2 is underwhelming.

No problem and good luck selling! :)

Yeah... I'm seriously considering selling them for $200...

Panda, did you buy that album on iTunes? CD?

I'm currently enjoying Lachlan's album:

http://dawnofmidi.bandcamp.com/album/dysnomia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back