「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 15, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #101,537 of 177,746
Man, hope Space Dandy picks up soon. Sort of boring ATM. And the humor has about a 99% miss rate. I wasn't even hyping it pre-season and I'm still a bit disappointed.

Meanwhile, need to recommend Nagi no Asukara to anyone who is stalled/didn't pick it up last season. The first half was a bit frustrating in terms of pacing and nothing happening for too long, but after its New Years break I'm actually looking forward to every new episode. Mari Okada did series composition BTW; I know quite a few people here are Anohana fans.

Bit of a spoiler, but Nagi no Asukara probably has the most interesting, if not best use of a certain trope I've ever seen.
Time skip if your interested.
biggrin.gif
Inb4 the show goes to **** though.
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #101,538 of 177,746
  For what it's worth, Mr. Rug said he had a couple of things reshelled through them and never had any problems.

Well, That's the thing. They're only.... "ok". Just know that their IEMs will have worse resale value than UE's in the case that you don't like em. I wouldn't go for them.

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #101,540 of 177,746
Jan 15, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #101,543 of 177,746
What. That CPU by itself costs just about as much as my whole Retina Display MacBook Pro. o.0

That what happens if you want a fully certified server CPU. Those certs cost money and businesses can afford it. Most consumers can't.

Ofc there's also the fact that Intel's server chips schiit all over AMD right now(and possibly for the next decade). The highest priced AMD chips are only ~$800.

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #101,544 of 177,746
Man, hope Space Dandy picks up soon. Sort of boring ATM. And the humor has about a 99% miss rate. I wasn't even hyping it pre-season and I'm still a bit disappointed.

Meanwhile, need to recommend Nagi no Asukara to anyone who is stalled/didn't pick it up last season. The first half was a bit frustrating in terms of pacing and nothing happening for too long, but after its New Years break I'm actually looking forward to every new episode. Mari Okada did series composition BTW; I know quite a few people here are Anohana fans.

Bit of a spoiler, but Nagi no Asukara probably has the most interesting, if not best use of a certain trope I've ever seen.

Time skip if your interested.
biggrin.gif

Inb4 the show goes to **** though.

I've been trying to convert some people to the Nagi hype train. Thanks for the support :wink:

Space Dandy is packed full of pop culture references. In episode 2 around 9:30 minutes in he does a step for step dance from Michael Jackson's Beat It video for instance. I find it quite humorous myself.

@Panda; I watched the first episode of Mou Hitotsu ni Mirai wo last week as well, it seems interesting, wonder if these are being used to stump for a movie like Sakasama no Patema or something.

@Everyone else re: CPU; Intel for life, that IPC gap is huge. Enjoy your slow PCs suckers!

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #101,545 of 177,746
What. That CPU by itself costs just about as much as my whole Retina Display MacBook Pro. o.0

That what happens if you want a fully certified server CPU. Those certs cost money and businesses can afford it. Most consumers can't.

Ofc there's also the fact that Intel's server chips schiit all over AMD right now(and possibly for the next decade). The highest priced AMD chips are only ~$800.

Oxygen Free Cables with Obama Fried Chicken is cool too, OF Course.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxR0EblufUg[/video]

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #101,546 of 177,746
Talking about CPUs, Kaveri's 45w parts have a huge gain in performance. A10s are a bit meh but I want to see Richland vs Kaveri clock for clock (and maybe AMD and Intel clock for clock to see IPC differences. Still going to be big differences for single core).

NZXT H440 looks awesome. Also like where they're going with it.

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #101,547 of 177,746
Talking about CPUs, Kaveri's 45w parts have a huge gain in performance. A10s are a bit meh but I want to see Richland vs Kaveri clock for clock (and maybe AMD and Intel clock for clock to see IPC differences. Still going to be big differences for single core).

I read the review on Anandtech, it looked to me like anything but a huge gain on the CPU side. The GCN units now in the GPU portion of the APU did see a great bump though.

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #101,548 of 177,746

NZXT H440 looks awesome. Also like where they're going with it.

Yeah, NZXT have come a long way since the craptastic H2.

Sadly, the new Kaveri A10 still gets roflstomped in IPC by current gen Intel but it's a nice upgrade from the older gen. Might be nice for mid range gaming laptops and HTPCs that can run the odd game.

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #101,549 of 177,746
You know what I really wan't to see next season or whatever?

An anime called Wizard Baristas!

Friggin wizards at Starbucks! Doing all kinds of unholy black bean magic! Would be super hype.
I mean, the names of these bazillion different coffee variants they have there almost sound like they are straight from the Necronomicon.

"I summon thee great Venti, sugar-free, non-fat, vanilla soy, double shot, decaf, no foam, extra hot, Peppermint White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha with light whip, upside-down, 1 pump of peppermint, 1 and 3/8 pumps vanilla, heavy whip-cream, 3 ice cubes, 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg sprinkled on top, with green sprinkles, light cinnamon dusted on, stirred, with no lid, double cupped, and a straw!!!
Do my bidding and kill the evil demonlord person only known as Pacific Coffee! Crush him with all your syllables!"
Or something like this.

Of course it needs to be made by KyoAni.
The Urobutcher is responsible for the script. Needs some sick "oh noz, we are out of soy-milk"-twists.

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #101,550 of 177,746
For those who've watched Nagi no...

Does the mc end up...happier?

As stated before, I'm quite weak with NTR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back