「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #94,186 of 177,745
I still have yet to do the E212 review... Oops.

Here I was wondering where it went lol.
Sugar coat it if you don't want to be blacklisted. Or just be honest.

Seattle has a big gay pride parade every summer too. Is gay marriage legal over there?

It is, afaik.

Bloc scum.
Actually, not a very strong opinion on the matter, not wearing my heart on my sleeve.

We have large happy parades here just like any other city, don't see what you've got to brag about.

Tourisme Montréal is the one bragging about it. Contact them if you got a score to settle.

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #94,187 of 177,745
Made a Mathematica code that can load a dataset of {artist, song title, date of play (in seconds)} from Last.FM. It's not very efficient; getting all the data (110,000 tracks) would take about 1:30 hours. There has to be a more efficient way, but I'm patient enough to wait one and a half hour.
Only problem is that scrobbling while it's gathering data will screw things up. So I'll just wait until tonight when I'll go to bed to gather the data (probably not gonna go that long without music today).

Plus there is the thing that I have exams tomorrow (and the day after, and the day after that). Must study ~

But man, I can't wait until this weekend when I can analyze the data. I'll be able to deduce things like how my music listening patterns have changed over the years, and on what times I tend to listen to music.
This pleases my data fetish.

Ooh, that does sound like fun! Let us know how that goes, I'd be curious to see if it was reproducible with other people's accounts... :p

I was handed the keys to FiiO's official facebook website so the first thing I did after taking care of official announcements was to troll them HARD! :D
https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO

Lol, did you mean to reply with your profile to the first comment?

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO
From the comments section:
Kayle Kaupanger
I think you may have left out a word
FiiO
Hmm? I went to my mum's place the other day, she was so happy to see me!

:p

English... DO YOU SPEAK IT??? Lol
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda sad that the manuals will have proper English now in fiio products. It was always pretty entertaining reading the Engrishey manuals, especially for the E11, hehehe...

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #94,190 of 177,745
Ooh, that does sound like fun! Let us know how that goes, I'd be curious to see if it was reproducible with other people's accounts... :p

The script is working just fine, except for one thing.
After page 51 it just randomly gets a weird HTML file from last.fm.
If I go to the same web page in my browser it looks just fine when examining got source content. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

It also doesn't seem to be a known issue, and it occurs with all usernames I have tried.

Couldn't find any possible source of the bug or a way to fix it. I'll just post this on the Last.FM forum, if they can't help then Stack Exchange may.

Nov 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #94,192 of 177,745

The script is working just fine, except for one thing.
After page 51 it just randomly gets a weird HTML file from last.fm.
If I go to the same web page in my browser it looks just fine when examining got source content. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

It also doesn't seem to be a known issue, and it occurs with all usernames I have tried.

Couldn't find any possible source of the bug or a way to fix it. I'll just post this on the Last.FM forum, if they can't help then Stack Exchange may.

Did you try skipping page 51 to see what it does on page 52?
We just learned how to do file and URL processing today in Java! :D

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #94,194 of 177,745
Did you try skipping page 51 to see what it does on page 52?
We just learned how to do file and URL processing today in Java! :D

Yes. In fact my automated script returned an empty list for all pages 51 through 2209. :wink:

I should really learn a more low level programming language like C++ some day, but for now I'll just have to do with the actually quite awesome Mathematica.

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #94,198 of 177,745
DATA.

MOAR DATA.

I have so much data to handle on a daily basis..... the prospect of moar frightens me especially if it relates to recommending music, my bank account would freak out :frowning2:

No, I mean you get more statistics related to your music listening. Which is pretty cool to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back