「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #94,126 of 177,745

Well lets say that it was a nice con but because I'm quite a virgin to the scene (lol why did I use that word), I didn't really tried to browse through the comics and most of them, I haven't heard of. Another reason is that I was quite nervous there and I felt so out of place lol (first timer to this kind of con). One comic really did catch me on, it was called Ephemeral (yeah, yeah Yaoi stuff) but at €10 for a 40 page book, I couldn't tempt myself to buy it. The drawings were gorgeous though.

I didn't see much Yuri stuff though...

You were quite the cherry to those cons then I guess.

Yeah, first time at enthusiast conventions are quite weird I guess. The anime club ffest was quite weird to me.

You must have went to the wrong con lol.....

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #94,127 of 177,745
  You were quite the cherry to those cons then I guess.

Yeah, first time at enthusiast conventions are quite weird I guess. The anime club ffest was quite weird to me.

You must have went to the wrong con lol.....

Haha! I went there just out of sheer curiosity but also because I do sometimes read Yaoi (not all of them) just because I really appreciate the artwork and character design and I wanted to see awesome artwork and there were some. Other than that, I can hardly be classified as a Yaoi enthusiast.
Though that doesn't mean that I have a particular sexual orientation rather I don't really care, I'm staying at the middle. 
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #94,128 of 177,745

Haha! I went there just out of sheer curiosity but also because I do sometimes read Yaoi (not all of them) just because I really appreciate the artwork and character design and I wanted to see awesome artwork and there were some. Other than that, I can hardly be classified as a Yaoi enthusiast.
Though that doesn't mean that I have a particular sexual orientation rather I don't really care, I'm staying at the middle. 
wink.gif

Appreciate Yaoi's art and design yes.....

haha I gotcha

Anyway

GIRLS GENERATION WON YOUTUBE MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR! YES!

At the viewing, only my friend and I voted for SNSD because no other of dem Muricans even know who SNSD is. THEY WON!!! They were all so confused when I cheered for SNSD!!

WOOOOO!!!!

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #94,130 of 177,745
  Dear lord, what anime were you watching???

Those are dwarves btw, so they are 11 years old. Not kidding. xDDDD

Today I learned that there is a Uchuu Kyoudai life action movie. In fact, it's one-and-a-half year old already. And it's surprisingly good.

One of the best things is that they actually used American actors whenever Americans were talking, instead of krappy engrish. And they had a really cool self reference where Buzz Aldrin (second moonwalker) said in a response to the question who he was: 'Me? I'm just an old man who took a stroll on the moon a long, long time ago'.
biggrin.gif

One slight disappointment was that they kinda failed to show the moons lowered gravity. But that's alright since it's pretty difficult to get those kinda special effects.

I am content. Better than expected, definitely.

Not that anyone here will care probably, since I'm one of the very very few in this thread who actually appreciates the #BestAnimeEver.

I knew of the live action but didn't watch it yet. I know my mom did... lol.
But.
*brofistspacebros*

Originally Posted by bowei006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GIRLS GENERATION WON YOUTUBE MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR! YES!

At the viewing, only my friend and I voted for SNSD because no other of dem Muricans even know who SNSD is. THEY WON!!! They were all so confused when I cheered for SNSD!!

WOOOOO!!!!

Bunch of bad tastes D:

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #94,134 of 177,745
http://iron-fall.com

OK, this doesn't really look like it's gonna end up as a great game (just your standard Gears clone), but it's a fu.cking technical marvel. 60 FPS on 3DS in both 2d and 3d mode while looking at least comparable to Resident Evil Revelations, engine written in Assembly using custom graphics drivers, made by 3 people (one is the artist and another one joined only recently).

By the developers that brought you open-world GTA clone on the DS and 3d games on GBA.

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #94,135 of 177,745
I dunno what it is about Nintendo handhelds that brings out the crazy in people. That's almost as impressive as that port of Portal on the DS

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #94,137 of 177,745
Waiting for Crysis to get off.

I think the retro scene had gravitated more nicely to the DS scene, since the flashcart scene was so vibrant. I used to muck around with AKAIO, back when MENUdo wasn't vaporware, and that sort of environment just invites nerds of a certain demographic to lactate. CT fan-sequels up the wazoo, homebrew was just crazy innovative. I miss that. 

I can't say the same about GBA flashcarts, maybe the homebrew. I'm not touching GBA flashcarts with a 20-foot-pole, god.

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #94,139 of 177,745

Just got done setting up for our first Audio Club meeting at UW. All other club members have either cancelled already or said they're going to be late... 
rolleyes.gif

What'd you expect when hosting an audio club out of all things.
wink.gif

Well, turns out we're wrong!!!

You didn't update the photos. :D

lol what;s in that green thing?

Candy. My mom brought a whole bunch up for Halloween and then nobody actually showed up that night asking for candy and I didn't wanna get diabeetus from eating all of it, so...
Diabeetus for everyone! 
biggrin.gif

Yup, people actually showed up!

Here are the photos from when Lugia showed up:

That AT case... Beautiful and professional looking...

W3000ANV and AD. Two completely different sexy beasts.

And again.

Big pile o'headphones on the only table that had power sockets nearby...
There were the W3000ANV, Alpha Dog, Mad Dog, Heavily modded Grado/Allesandro thing, SR-207, MDR-somethingorother, and K701.

Here's the whole set again.

Dem fingerprints!

Lugia's free DAC...
With a $30 magazine.

More headphones! And candy!

Da man with the HE-500s showed up!

He removed the grills so we could hear them "raw" if you will... 
biggrin.gif

Had an epic and glorious time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back