「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #93,122 of 177,747
Я прожил несколько лет в России, 6 лет на самом деле, даже дом есть у меня в Казани :)

I guess that's more than enough time to learn the language.

(I did not use the Google Translator! One of my ladyfriends is from Bulgaria and speaks Russian. And English. And German. Fluently. A-Student.)

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #93,124 of 177,747
Just realized that I still have 0.12078007 BTC in my Electrum wallet. Have no use for it. Donated to AnimeBytes. If only I had a powerful enough card to mine them when they were still fairly easy to mine...

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #93,125 of 177,747

Just looked up the Engrish name, seems to be "DIARY".

Had a fun day yesterday when my cousin came up from Portland and spent the night at my dorm. I also got my programming assignment done with 2 minutes left on the clock until it was due. 
tongue.gif

Oh I see

Clutch!

I gotta get a math quiz in later. Two math quizes a week :/

Yeah! I like it because it's not like all the other Claris/Livetune songs. Give it a listen and lemme know what you think! :D

It even worked perfectly after I solved all the compiling issues! :O

Dang, I feel sorry for you. Wait, I don't, considering that means your quizzes have a much smaller effect on your grade than the 26% monster failure that I had.

Yeah, I dunno. Not really that concerned about it since I have 45 extra credits already.
I'll just go with the flow. Whatever...

Isn't maths a core subject? I know that failing maths = fail course in most science courses.

I'm not taking any science courses this quarter, but yes it is a core subject. I may very well have to retake the course because of that one test...

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #93,127 of 177,747

I figured she'd be good live! Her voice was what caught my ears when I first heard it. It wasn't till episode 2 for said anime did I really pay attention to the song. From what I saw on the Tiny Lamp MV, they only have a guitar, keyboard and someone who handles everything else digitally from live mixing to drums and ambient sounds. Is that the same when you saw them?

Nope, when I went, it was a group called Monoral in the Stereo. Towana(vocals) and Yuxuki Waga(guitar) were there in that band too, it looks like those two went on and became a part of fhana.

Haha. Apparently BitCoinCodes now only charges 0.155 BTC for a $20 Steam Gift Card now. Oh well.

It's crazy how the price went back up to ~$200ish already, I wonder how high it'll go this time.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #93,128 of 177,747
  It's crazy how the price went back up to ~$200ish already, I wonder how high it'll go this time.

Yup. I stopped bothering with Bitcoins shortly after the quick boom/drop period when it was worth $400 since with my APU at that point it was even more difficult to mine bitcoins in a pool (and it was basically impossible by then already). Now that the commotion around them seems to have dropped a bit, I might consider again. I do prefer not having to go through the trouble of LTC to BTC since I can't go to USD since I don't have a bank account or Dwolla or anything.

If anything, I'll only be using it to get Steam Gift Cards.

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #93,130 of 177,747
Well then. I just witnessed a surgery for the first time, on a guinea pig, literally. Cryogenic injuries are interesting to see happen. :-o

Nice!
Was it a real surgery or just something to show you some techniques?
I once saw a granny getting run over by a bus and getting her leg ripped of more or less. Was a great way to start my day!
(not really a surgery, but almost!)

Oh, after reading this comic I feel bad for playing so much Pokemon :frowning2:
I'll check out my AC town tomorrow, I swear!

http://kotaku.com/dear-pokemon-players-your-animal-crossing-town-misses-1450833775

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #93,131 of 177,747
I missed like 1300 posts or something. :/ broke the counter. Anywho, what is Boris's website?

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #93,132 of 177,747
Kinda late (it was Friday/Saturday), but here's my loot from the last JapanFest. A really small event, but it wasn't bad and it was free. :)

1FrpInk.jpg

(sh.it picture, done with a calculator etc.)

Bought Another, vol. 1 and Resident Evil, vol. 3. Kobato vol. 1 I have actually won in a (atari) go tournament there. It was open, so along with some OK players there were people who played for the first time that day. Because why not, it might be fun.
Actually managed to get the first place (ex aequo - it was no ladder, just based on the number of won games). Not pictured are the diploma and two theatre tickets I haven't used because I had a family visit that day.

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #93,134 of 177,747

Well then. I just witnessed a surgery for the first time, on a guinea pig, literally. Cryogenic injuries are interesting to see happen. :-o

Did you get to eat it afterwards?

hungry_smileyFace.gif

Naw, but I had a chocolate cupcake afterwards. XD

Nice!
Was it a real surgery or just something to show you some techniques?
I once saw a granny getting run over by a bus and getting her leg ripped of more or less. Was a great way to start my day!
(not really a surgery, but almost!)

Jeezus, that must have been really graphic. >.>

sur·ger·y
[sur-juh-ree] Show IPA
noun, plural sur·ger·ies for 3–5.
1. the art, practice, or work of treating diseases, injuries, or deformities by manual or operative procedures.

I guess it was an anti-surgery then. The surgeon cryo-injured guinea pigs' hearts for a setup next week when he'll inject human-derived heart cells into it to see how well the host tissue accepts the injected cells.

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #93,135 of 177,747
  Kinda late (it was Friday/Saturday), but here's my loot from the last JapanFest. A really small event, but it wasn't bad and it was free. :)

1FrpInk.jpg

(sh.it picture, done with a calculator etc.)

Bought Another, vol. 1 and Resident Evil, vol. 3. Kobato vol. 1 I have actually won in a (atari) go tournament there. It was open, so along with some OK players there were people who played for the first time that day. Because why not, it might be fun.
Actually managed to get the first place (ex aequo - it was no ladder, just based on the number of won games). Not pictured are the diploma and two theatre tickets I haven't used because I had a family visit that day.

Nice haul! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back