「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #90,286 of 177,747
Move to 'Murica! I particularly like the sound of not having to worry about money.
wink.gif

Ohh I could actually exchange to VT or UW next year
tongue.gif

Might just do that for a year.....

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #90,287 of 177,747
  Ohh I could actually exchange to VT or UW next year
tongue.gif

Might just do that for a year.....

SO MANY Chinese and HK students here...like no joke. Actual international China students.

Anyway, come to VT if you want big town but rural but if you want Engineering

UW if you want full 'American' experience in a big city. Not that big into Engineering as VT is

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-worlds-best-engineering-schools-2012-6?op=1

But hey, don't go to any of those two schools just because of us, if any school you have the ability to go to is on that list higher up, go for it

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #90,288 of 177,747
So, moving to different things: another music documentaries watched.

First was "Music Is My Drug - Psychedelic Trance". Well, Trance as a whole isn't that much of an interesting genre for me, maybe Goa/Psytrance are a bit more. Still, the movie is pretty interesting, especially when they start talking about and with people from Israel. How people were escaping from the situation in Gaza Strip through raves and all that stuff, drugs-related or not.

Another one was "Drum & Bass History - Underestimated". While the title doesn't really say it, it focuses on the Irish scene, particularly the one in Dublin. Not gonna lie, it wasn't the best (but it wasn't bad either) - it was kinda "roughly" made technically, it was basically all interviews etc. But it was a labor of love - both the movie and everything around it.

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #90,289 of 177,747
I've been trying to update for the past 2 and a half hours, Apple's servers are curently dead, so you'll have some time to make room. XD

Finally updated after continually hitting update every 30m. It then said ETF was 30m, which was quite wrong. Not only did it take 1h24m to finish downloading, it then took another 3-4 attempts at start the install cuz verification was pegged. To add insult to injury, it then took 45m applying the update before it froze and I decided to take a nap. When I woke up, I hard reset that sucker into existences and was welcomed by iOS 7.

So far... not loving the design but will give it more time.

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #90,290 of 177,747
I like the new more coherent look, but at the same time, there are too many colors. Making it messy again.

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #90,291 of 177,747
Finally updated after continually hitting update every 30m. It then said ETF was 30m, which was quite wrong. Not only did it take 1h24m to finish downloading, it then took another 3-4 attempts at start the install cuz verification was pegged. To add insult to injury, it then took 45m applying the update before it froze and I decided to take a nap. When I woke up, I hard reset that sucker into existences and was welcomed by iOS 7.

So far... not loving the design but will give it more time.

That wall looks like S;G artwork...
who's that?

Just visited the library's vinyl disk collection.... DAMN, that's gotta be the biggest collection of vinyl disks I've ever seen in my life, there's like hundreds of em here!
Sadly.... no turntable...

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #90,292 of 177,747
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/166884-iphone-5-battery-life-is-significantly-reduced-by-ios-7

Yeah, no I won't be updating to iOS 7.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/new-lease-on-life-or-death-sentence-ios-7-on-the-iphone-4/
 ApplicationiOS 6.1.3iOS 7.0 GM
Safari1.13 seconds2.05 seconds
Camera1.9 seconds2.63 seconds
Settings1.31 seconds1.88 seconds
Mail1.0 seconds1.50 seconds
Messages1.57 seconds2.80 seconds
Calendar1.23 seconds1.78 seconds
Phone0.67 seconds2.37 seconds
Cold boot to lock screen31.14 seconds45.13 seconds

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #90,293 of 177,747
  http://www.extremetech.com/computing/166884-iphone-5-battery-life-is-significantly-reduced-by-ios-7

I would like to see other sites doing testing and confirming this. But it does seem legit. What usually happens is that sites, forums piggy back off initial crap data that one site did without doing their own 'in depth' testing creating a schit storm.

But the info mentioned does seem legitimate. But then again, who knows. It is one guy's phone. He did do two factory resets but I would like to see more testing.

From a business perspective, however this is sound strategy. 

One of the most important things for young companies is just to roll out products, and use consumer feedback, and real world testing to weed out the problems. This only works if you are actively ready to work on it and push updates out to rectify it.

This is not sound strategy for mediocre size companies, and depending on the company, their ability to not get affected, be good/bad strategy. This is sound strategy for Apple however. Their highly paid analysts and staff know how well Apple survives schit storms and it is all calculated. Beta testing, and in house testing is NOTHING compared to tens of millions of real world numbers that can be actively worked on and rectified to fully figure out the problem. Strategies like this do not work with other large companies like say Comcast or EA. Mainly due to the fact that their marketing departements don't actually realize that their service is schit and lack the resolve to actively and readily fix issues that are day one pushed out.

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #90,294 of 177,747

Yeah, I'll have to build something.

Sending it away too cumbersome, it's best if I had a measurement rig so I can fine tune the design and production to meet my target sound signature.

Get a dummy/mannequin head of realistic size, put a wig on it, mold your ears and make silicone or foam  or lightweight clay version of it.
Then get small microphones and stab them in the ears deep enough. Coat the mannequin's face with some stuff to make the skin less plasticky.

Jesus, since when did everyone here become a reviewer? 
tongue.gif

Been reviewing my class notes since 1995.
Though seriously... I don't know.

Quote:
  I review cats.

This one gets 5 catnips out of 5. Great treble.

The mids are pretty good too, 4.5 catnips out of 5.

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #90,295 of 177,747
  Get a dummy/mannequin head of realistic size, put a wig on it, mold your ears and make silicone or foam  or lightweight clay version of it.
Then get small microphones and stab them in the ears deep enough. Coat the mannequin's face with some stuff to make the skin less plasticky.

Rip the scrotal skin from thy mortal enemies and wear it as a mask to feel their suffering.

These ain't cheap though.

The mids are pretty good too, 4.5 catnips out of 5.

What are ya, Metacritic?

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #90,296 of 177,747

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/new-lease-on-life-or-death-sentence-ios-7-on-the-iphone-4/
 ApplicationiOS 6.1.3iOS 7.0 GM
Safari1.13 seconds2.05 seconds
Camera1.9 seconds2.63 seconds
Settings1.31 seconds1.88 seconds
Mail1.0 seconds1.50 seconds
Messages1.57 seconds2.80 seconds
Calendar1.23 seconds1.78 seconds
Phone0.67 seconds2.37 seconds
Cold boot to lock screen31.14 seconds45.13 seconds

LOL!!

/applesucks

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #90,297 of 177,747

LOL!!

/applesucks

Sometimes I wonder how people can be so un-objective in their lives 
ಠ_ಠ​

You can tell them about business strategy A, B, C. How they did X Y Z because of legal purposes and how the laws of Country X force those ways. How patent laws, jurisdictions, marketing, and brand promotion that every and all companies must leap through are an ugly world. And that every top company does practices like so. 

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #90,298 of 177,747
  Rip the scrotal skin from thy mortal enemies and wear it as a mask to feel their suffering.

These ain't cheap though.

What are ya, Metacritic?

And to you shall be given Michal, daughter of Saul, for wife.
Er... I guess that can work but I sure... wouldn't wanna have do with that.

Well I use a WM-61A and it works well enough. For some reason I have issues getting a proper graph but not everyone does.

I don't mean to be harsh... the deducted 0.5 catnips is due to not hearing a sound in the first place. But those mids are ALMOST perfect!! so close!

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #90,299 of 177,747

Sometimes I wonder how people can be so un-objective in their lives 
ಠ_ಠ​

You can tell them about business strategy A, B, C. How they did X Y Z because of legal purposes and how the laws of Country X force those ways. How patent laws, jurisdictions, marketing, and brand promotion that every and all companies must leap through are an ugly world. And that every top company does practices like so. 

Read this over 3 times.... I dun get your main point....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back