「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 16, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #90,046 of 177,745
Going on a wild goose chase installing programs to get what I want....
Plot graphs in LaTeX -> Need GNUPlot
Install GNUPlot -> Need MacPorts
Install MacPorts -> Forever 1 minutes left =_=

UPDATE:
Install GNUPlot using MacPorts -> Needs Xcode command line tools (which doesn't come with the latest Xcode)

damn

Sep 16, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #90,047 of 177,745
Going on a wild goose chase installing programs to get what I want....
Plot graphs in LaTeX -> Need GNUPlot
Install GNUPlot -> Need MacPorts
Install MacPorts -> Forever 1 minutes left =_=

UPDATE:
Install GNUPlot using MacPorts -> Needs Xcode command line tools (which doesn't come with the latest Xcode)

damn

Don't plot graphs in LaTeX. It's not worth the hassle.

Get yourself Mathematica, and use it to export graphs to PDF. They're really good actually. Plus, it's extremely easy to make good graphs in Mathematica, in contrary to GNUPlot where you're stuck to elementary functions and simple data processing only.

Or instead of Mathematica you could of course use Maple or Matlab, whatever floats your boat. Though AFAIK Mathematica has the best graphics.

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #90,048 of 177,745
Don't plot graphs in LaTeX. It's not worth the hassle.

Get yourself Mathematica, and use it to export graphs to PDF. They're really good actually. Plus, it's extremely easy to make good graphs in Mathematica, in contrary to GNUPlot where you're stuck to elementary functions and simple data processing only.

Or instead of Mathematica you could of course use Maple or Matlab, whatever floats your boat. Though AFAIK Mathematica has the best graphics.

I dont have any of those installed on my computer and I'm already half-way done installing GNU Plot (T_T)

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #90,050 of 177,745
I made a cheesecake for my brothers birthday (which was yesterday). Half of the cake was still left, which is not surprising since one slice (1/8th) packs a whopping 900kcal. Now I'm having it for lunch, and I feel stuffed after like 4 bites. -.-

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #90,051 of 177,745
Even on a Mac though? :p

Yay, started packing up my stuff tonight. All my figurines (including ecchi ones) made it into one box, and my CDs/BDs/eroge (both copies of Saya no uta) made it into another box.

Tom I will answer your Facebook question tomorrow; don't want my mom giving me schiit for being
on Facebook at 2AM...

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #90,052 of 177,745

Mathematica works just fine on Mac, common Linux distros, and Windows. The graphics engine is best on Windows, especially when using 3D graphs, but it's definitely still usable on Linux and Mac. Pirating is really quite easy on all of them, and if absolutely necessary I can fetch you a legal copy for free, but I'd rather not do that too often as you may understand.

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #90,053 of 177,745

Mathematica works just fine on Mac, common Linux distros, and Windows. The graphics engine is best on Windows, especially when using 3D graphs, but it's definitely still usable on Linux and Mac. Pirating is really quite easy on all of them, and if absolutely necessary I can fetch you a legal copy for free, but I'd rather not do that too often as you may understand.

I'm not asking for one; I can probably get a free legal copy as well through school.

Nooooooooooooooooo, tamako market S2 announced... :mad:

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #90,056 of 177,745
  Yay, I just won an eBay auction for Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (unopened) for $15.49 + $3.99 shipping.

beerchug.gif

I made a cheesecake for my brothers birthday (which was yesterday). Half of the cake was still left, which is not surprising since one slice (1/8th) packs a whopping 900kcal. Now I'm having it for lunch, and I feel stuffed after like 4 bites. -.-

Cheesecake = best cake

Tom I will answer your Facebook question tomorrow; don't want my mom giving me schiit for being
on Facebook at 2AM...

No problemo :wink:

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #90,058 of 177,745

Haha, I like the spongy type cheesecake more.

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #90,060 of 177,745
From a biological standpoint our whole meaning in live is to survive, evolve and procreate.

Totaly fine by me.

And the thing with the higher beings...I'm an atheist so....bla.

*Looks at world population*
Not so sure about the procreate part. :eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back