「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #89,314 of 177,745
Technically you can have 10 credits and still pay normal tuition/be a normal full-time student.

You can always double check with the advisors; I know that university here you pay a base per semester (student union and etc.) and per credit. So you simply pay less for being a part time student. I've been one for two semesters due to schedule conflict and there was no extra fees unlike when I was in college.

How's it going mang!

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #89,315 of 177,745

I know right :D 

:O where is who? 

JoeBloggs

Oh

Fun Story, one great voice actor voiced an awesome villian and hero! 

[Might use one of those for tMac this month] 

Really? Didn't know that. Also haven't really watched Samurai Jack.
  The Legend of Korra: Book 2 - Spirits starts airing on Friday! :-o

EWWWW. This had better be good this time.

Season 1 of Korra didn't exactly leave me gasping for breath

Me neither it was pretty BORING, but the whole concept is visually stunning. The crummy first season story aside Season 2 should be interesting, if only for the Visual and pretty music! 

speaking of which any Anime Movies that have REALLY nice visuals and sound? ... although I might see if Life of Pi is on Net Flix... that sounded and looked wonderful in theatures! 

This. Korra was garbage in comparison to the Last Airbender.

Santa Claus is back! :)

lol

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #89,316 of 177,745
  Psycho Pass movie confirmed (along with a second season)!
Hype!
I can't imagine how amazing the movies must look when even the series looks better than like 80% of all other anime ♥
Oh I'm so excited! (and I just can't hide it blabla)

Yay~
Hope the ending to the second season doesn't leave the door wide open for a season 3...

Why not drop a class then?
blink.gif

Can't, and don't wanna

Dayum. Good luck being Asian then! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #89,317 of 177,745
You can always double check with the advisors; I know that university here you pay a base per semester (student union and etc.) and per credit. So you simply pay less for being a part time student. I've been one for two semesters due to schedule conflict and there was no extra fees unlike when I was in college.
How's it going mang!

quite busy tbh. Wish it were more chill. How 'bout ye? Well... I prolly don't have time to check your response, but I felt the need to ask :D
  Santa Claus is back! :)

yes :D and i'm quite busy too! but I felt the need to revisit 

Ight night guys. Nice to say hey to everyone again! The busy life is busy. And I'm not liking it -_- I tried to drop a block class and go finish school at 12:45ish but I need 3AP's and the classes in general are full apparently, so they can't swap my schedule so easily. Wanted it to be a chill year, but nope :p w/e. Sometimes you gotta toil. 

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #89,318 of 177,745
  Really? Didn't know that. Also haven't really watched Samurai Jack.

Samurai Jack is one of the best, yet some how un completed American Cartoons ever. it's a little darker than you remember. Which is awesome because as a child it's cool, as an adult it's cool for different reasons.

Some of the dark elements are in the First battle, Aku sends a horde of Beatles, well after killing most of them, the scene cut's to a 2 min slow motion clip with jack splitting the robots in half... each time oil gushes from them and when the show speeds up again he's covered head to toe in oil, the beatles ofc step back but Jack assures them... he is merciless and will kill them all on the spot... not really gorey but... I don't remember that when I was younger!  Also the Sound Track for it is wonderful, and there is alot of... speechless action, just a good soundtrack and well drawn animation

It's really worth the time,  

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #89,320 of 177,745
Sigh~ why is it that most of the mainland people speak chingrish???
Back when I was in high school we had people from all over the world, both students and staff... but pretty much everyone speaks comprehensible English....
...and why the hell do my asian lecturers always expects me to solve problems on screen in the next 2 minutes?!? By the time I got my pen + paper out and set up the equations, time's up!

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #89,321 of 177,745
Somebody cosplayed as Aku during Sakura-Con a few years back. I have a photo of him, but it's on my external hard drive that I don't have with me at the moment. It was actually a good cosplay and he even had fans to make his "eyebrows" flutter, hahaha.

Who's that?

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #89,322 of 177,745
  quite busy tbh. Wish it were more chill. How 'bout ye? Well... I prolly don't have time to check your response, but I felt the need to ask :D

Aye... not too terrible. Not getting much shifts at the part-time yet and school isn't unleashing the homework/projects yet.
Though I already know I got two 15p+ project/lab to hand in, and not looking forward to continuing it.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #89,323 of 177,745

Somebody cosplayed as Aku during Sakura-Con a few years back. I have a photo of him, but it's on my external hard drive that I don't have with me at the moment. It was actually a good cosplay and he even had fans to make his "eyebrows" flutter, hahaha.

Who's that?

Caption: Not sure if joking or what...

Caption: I AM AKU! THE MAIN ANTAGONIST OF SAMURAI JACK!

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #89,325 of 177,745

Caption: Not sure if joking or what...

Caption: I AM AKU! THE MAIN ANTAGONIST OF SAMURAI JACK!

Thank you Mice, I can see the rest of you had terrible child hoods... I am so sorry for you loss 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back