「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #84,841 of 177,745
What CPU cooler?

Noctua NH-U12S :)
I smiled like an idiot when I first turned my PC on after build that bad boy in.
Sweet silence.

And tomorrow I'll get my first SSD ^o^

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #84,846 of 177,745
Quote:
DAYUM EVE! You got one!??

Niceu!

I need to build a new PC for college, but I don't want to buy any GPU's as I want a new NEver Settle deal

Yup. Building my rig as it goes, already have most of the peripherals like keyboard and mouse determined. Now I just need to build the actual rig.

If you're looking for a good deal, why not check out Zotac's AMP cards. Free games + highest factory OC iinm.

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #84,847 of 177,745
Quote:
Yup. Building my rig as it goes, already have most of the peripherals like keyboard and mouse determined. Now I just need to build the actual rig.

If you're looking for a good deal, why not check out Zotac's AMP cards. Free games + highest factory OC iinm.

Sorry, typed the wrong name, I meant EXE

No thanks, I'm waiting for never settle

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #84,848 of 177,745
Nice! 

SSD's are awesome. Once you get used to it using every non-SSD computer will be painful. 

What SSD?

And 250GB one from Samsung. Nothing fancy, but I heard that they do their job :wink:

I won't be able to use it for a while though. I want to install my OS on the SSD but I don't have a windows install-disc... only the Vista-to-7 upgrade CD. Now I'm waiting for a friend to come back from his trip to Munich. He has an Vista install-disc.

I still don't know how I should transfer all my Steam data to the SSD... is that even possible or do I have to re-download all my games? That would be kind of lame.

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #84,849 of 177,745
Quote:
I did hear it in fact... but my impressions of that one are unreliable.
1) I think the one at Fujiya Avic (demo-model semi universal) might be broken cause it sounded... broken and really bad.
2) The second hand one I tried at e-earphone (CIEM) was amazing but the original owner must normally use L or XL sized tips on IEMs. I use S or M so they completely did not fit my ears properly.
Hence in both cases of trying out C435, I couldn't get a consistent sound out of it.

Not necessarily micro drivers as in the dynamic type (as also used in the FXD60/70/80) but just something small, comparable in a way to BA's. The FXD series do happen to be small enough. The FDX80 would certainly give a nice touch to the treble but the price is... don't wanna pay for that.

The TDKs you're talking about, I know which one it is. I think the IE600 (discontinued). I did get to hear the newer IE800 and it was a little bright but GREAT clarity and nice n tight bass... dang, it was impressive. But nothing I can use in a DIY job since... THEY'RE HUGE!! and it's a dual dynamic.

E-earphones usually has the demos on sale for cheap right? Walked right past that one last time, kicking myself for it.

No, no, no, had the IE800 (and BA200). Not those. Much smaller (and cheaper). A weird angular stem shape about them, not as thick as the IE800s.

Quote:
I should be aware of this? Why?

I only knew some people where occasionally Skypeing or using Facebook chat, but I was unaware of the existence of a group chat.

Quote:
In truth it can't actually be a true AAMML skype group thread since some of the key members are missing.

I actually made it with Mech a few months ago while I was bored. Tried to push it to Panda from the get go but he was too resilient. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #84,850 of 177,745
Quote:
E-earphones usually has the demos on sale for cheap right? Walked right past that one last time, kicking myself for it.

No, no, no, had the IE800 (and BA200). Not those. Much smaller (and cheaper). A weird angular stem shape about them, not as thick as the IE800s.

The Vsonic VC1000 or something along those lines?

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #84,851 of 177,745
Quote:
The Vsonic VC1000 or something along those lines?

The barrel isn't as long as the VSonics, the stem is a bit more curved, and the shell has more of a plasticky ceramic-like coating.

Oh, and I still haven't gotten a hold on a pair of VC02s, shame.
And 250GB one from Samsung. Nothing fancy, but I heard that they do their job :wink:

I won't be able to use it for a while though. I want to install my OS on the SSD but I don't have a windows install-disc... only the Vista-to-7 upgrade CD. Now I'm waiting for a friend to come back from his trip to Munich. He has an Vista install-disc.

I still don't know how I should transfer all my Steam data to the SSD... is that even possible or do I have to re-download all my games? That would be kind of lame.

Over here, all the Steam stuff is stored in ~/.local/steam and /opt. Configs, games, settings, everything. You'll probably have some sort of equivalent on Windows. \Application Data? 

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #84,852 of 177,745
Over here, all the Steam stuff is stored in ~/.local/steam and /opt. Configs, games, settings, everything. You'll probably have some sort of equivalent on Windows. \Application Data? 

Yup, the Windows version has a similar folder, but can I really just copy/paste it to the SSD? Would I still get all the benefits from all the scifi technology inside the SSD?

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #84,854 of 177,745
Quote:
Yup, the Windows version has a similar folder, but can I really just copy/paste it to the SSD? Would I still get all the benefits from all the scifi technology inside the SSD?

A file is a file is a file. You copy a file, it's still a file (might not be the same file, but that's CS semantics). Any HD optimizations, filesystem optimization - your files don't care whether it was installed/run/created on a 1996 IDE or a compactflash. It's still just a file. Gotta abstract it all a bit more. 

There's probably some weirdo library/dll hanging somewhere that might bork it all up though, knowing Win7. Just do a rsync backup of your whole system (not dd-ing the filesystem) and it should run like usual. I'd just copy the user directory but I'd probably bork something as well.

Watching Nodame Cantabile.

They actually have a small Japanese kid who speaks English with a good accent. I'm impressed.

Too bad the acting is crap.

I loved it. Cheesiness is offset by great sparkling acting from the female.

She was also in Last Friends, probably my favourite modern dorama. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #84,855 of 177,745
REddit /r/anime thread

genius post

With this Dango Rap video mix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back