「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #84,526 of 177,744
Quote:
a good ol K701 soon sir? 
k701smile.gif

Mio's 6 second cameo of them turned the Headphones into freaking icons. AKG knows how to catch the public's eye.

Quote:
^ there you go then: the reason why music sounds like schiit nowadays is because they're mixed, monitored, and mastered with such speakers.

So, I ask again, why use speakers to master when the end-user is more likely to use headphones to play back the music one just mastered using a speaker system?

True. Adele and FOB's albums are pretty badly mastered.
Quote:

Lucky! I plan on doing the same with guitars in the future. I love Edwards model guitars.

Welcome!

Jul 31, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #84,528 of 177,744
Quote:
I'm using a $700 pair of studio monitors right now and I don't hear the problem! LOL

It of course also depends on speakers just like with headphones with some more revealling and others not as much.
Quote:
^ there you go then: the reason why music sounds like schiit nowadays is because they're mixed, monitored, and mastered with such speakers.

So, I ask again, why use speakers to master when the end-user is more likely to use headphones to play back the music one just mastered using a speaker system?

The industry is just like this right now I guess

Jul 31, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #84,531 of 177,744
No idea lol. I'm guessing $200/night though, probably less if we share rooms (always an option, and I'd be down for it)

That's part of why I am guessing so far ahead in the future. I'm going to try and save $4000 for the trip altogether...

Nice, I just found out that the flight is only 600€

A bit weird because I paid like 800€ to get to HK....well, whatever.

And you are not too far off with your $200/night. I don't really care if the hotel is schitty. Okay it doesn't have to be as schitty as the one I stayed in when I went to Beijing...

Huh, that's weird that it's cheaper to fly to Tokyo than HK...
Lol, but if we can just split a room, that could cut that cost down. Of course we won't have schiity hotels... =_=

Yay, finished my second playthrough of Little Busters! Rin's route was pretty adorable! :3

I know we've joked about it before, but would anyone be up for a meetup in Tokyo in June or July of 2015?

I'll probably be doing my national service by then. :frowning2:

But otherwise yes. 

National service? Like military service? Is there some sort of requirement for Australian guys to do military service? :xf_eek:

$200 is pretty average for a room. But it'll be hard to fit more than 3 in a room, last place I went to in Yokohama only had 2 beds, and enough space to move around in (+bathroom)

The question I have though is whether or not Tokyo will be more expensive...

I'll probably be doing my national service by then. :frowning2:

But otherwise yes. 

Eeeeewwww.

I just realized mechy is talking about 2015.

Yup. I honestly don't think I could save up the required amount of money for this trip while also paying for living expenses with only a part time job and a tech/anime addiction :frowning2:

Herro!
I'm definitely a doujin fan, but I prefer my real Japanese voices to vocaloids...

What are you favorite series?
And what gear do you have?

I have a lot of favorite series, usually it's either Seinen or more. At the top of my head, Serial Experiments Lain, Samurai Champloo, Strike Witches, Black Rock Shooter, Spice and Wolf and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. There's a lot more, but I thought I'd give an interesting mix.

Same with Headphones, I owned a few that came and went, and I'll probably add that to my list once that's enabled(5 posts, right?). Currently, I'm toying around with an AKG 240 MK II, Pioneer HDJ-1500 and a Sony MDR-V6. I used to be a bit of a Sennheiser fanboy and owned the HD202, HD205, HD260 and HD598. I still feel new to this, though, but my next purchase might be an headphone amp since the AKG's are a little quiet for me.

Fun fact, I buy headphones based on how good they look in anime-style art. It's pretty shallow, but whenever I see an anime avatar with a certain pair of headphones, I sort of want it :p

That's definitely a pretty good mix of genres. Welcome aboard! Make a MAL account if you haven't yet so we can all see what series you've watched and what you've rated them! :ph34r:

Yay, bought many things tonight...
-Hakko 936 clone: Thanks DeadlyLoli for showing me!
-wasdkeyboards .2mm dampeners for my Ducky Shine 2: Thanks to Panthers for the suggestion!
-Switcheasy nude iPad case: The thinnest case I could find for my iPad. 
tongue.gif

-Lamy Safari Fountain Pen: Finally took the plunge after all the talk about pen-fi. Been wanting one for a while.

Plus, I got 6 free months of Amazon prime for being a student!
If anyone else wants to sign up (who wants it) please PM me so I can get $5 for referring you! 
biggrin.gif

Thats a lot of stuff! I signed up for student prime last week :wink: thts why i bought the gundam! :)

Lol, I figured I might as well get it...
Nice! If I'd watched any gundam series maybe I would be interested in models and stuff but alas I've only built model cars before...

I have a lot of favorite series, usually it's either Seinen or more. At the top of my head, Serial Experiments Lain, Samurai Champloo, Strike Witches, Black Rock Shooter, Spice and Wolf and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. There's a lot more, but I thought I'd give an interesting mix.

Even with SZS and Lain, I'd still say that you have crap taste, just for Strike Witches and BRS. Welcome, I'm the resident cynic.
--------------

Going to enjoy crappy speakers while I can.

Lol, I have carpet and a sub in my room as well. Who cares how proper it is as long as you enjoy it! :p

Hm, it seems that a lot of you already have appropriate avatars for Anime August. :rolleyes:
wow, you're right!
It's like you're posting in the anime thread or something... :rolleyes:

Jul 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #84,537 of 177,744
Quote:
I bought the cheap HeavyArms as a way to teach myself and 'get into' the hobby. It was only $13 so I'm using it to learn techniques like painting and stuff 
tongue_smile.gif

Nice! I should buy a model some day to paint. All of the ones I have are cheap'o ones that look quite lame and are flimsy. XD

Quote:

Quote:
otaku

3984 up, 1856 down

Otaku is the honorific word of Taku (home).

Otaku is extremely negative in meaning as it is used to refer to someone who stays at home all the time and doesn't have a life (no social life, no love life, etc)

Usually an otaku person has nothing better to do with their life so they pass the time by watching anime, playing videogames, surfing the internet (otaku is also used to refer to a nerd/hacker/programmer).

In the Western culture, people confuse otaku to be something positive like "Guru". If you think about it, it's not really good to be called a guru if it means you are a total loser who can't socialize with other people except through the Internet.

Other Japanese words which have been confused by Westerners also include but not limited to: Anime, Manga, etc

Jul 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #84,538 of 177,744
Quote:
Nice! I should buy a model some day to paint. All of the ones I have are cheap'o ones that look quite lame and are flimsy. XD

This is a fantastic year

The Gundam 00 HG clas($18-$30) are the best HG classes to EVER come out. And this is from seasoned builders.

Of course, this is only Gundam 00 right now. But in the fall this year, a few gundams from past series(usually really old ones) will also be releasing as HG class's.

I'll be getting the new release of Gundam Wing's Wing Gundam($22 retail Japan, probably will sell for $30 the week it releases to America) when it comes out.

http://imgur.com/a/Ts8zs

This is my Exia HG Gundam 00.

This is what HG's used to look like a decade ago

Jul 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #84,540 of 177,744
Quote:
I bought the cheap HeavyArms as a way to teach myself and 'get into' the hobby. It was only $13 so I'm using it to learn techniques like painting and stuff 
tongue_smile.gif

Ah, nice! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

This is actually quite accurate.

Shockingly accurate I'd say...
Quote:
Quote:

Oh god this gives me the cringies.

That's exactly what it's supposed to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back