「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 14, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #78,646 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:
That's the thing, your Euro is super strong compared to the USD.. D:
I just saw an SM64 on the for sale threads for like $320...
Hmm well the X70X series definitely isn't bad for the money...
That being said, I bought the Mad Dogs, sold the HD600, and never looked back 
tongue.gif

Are the forum popups for images and smilies different color now, or is it just Chrome freaking out on me?

320 bucks?! Nope, can't beat that :-D
After all I'm still a poor little student.

I only read really good things about the Mad Dogs, but I'm more of an open back person. I like my sound stage big :3

And yes, they made some cosmetic changes yesterday.

I'm quite tempted to get it for $320... Lol
Or the UM3X for $240...

Both my friend and I (he owns the MDs and owned the HD600) think the MD has a better soundstage than the HD600. The HD600's soundstage is NOT impressive at all for an open backed headphone. If you're a soundstage man, get the K/Q701/2

Okay, thanks lol

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #78,647 of 177,744
Quote:
Welp.... the right connector of my UE11 broke  : /
It only works if I hold it at certain angles...
putting it for sale, how much do you guys recon it's worth?

Aaand another megabuck IEM with replaceable cables and everything breaks while his  $10 SHE3580 chugs on
rolleyes.gif

Replaceable cables are as much a liability as an asset reliability-wise
confused.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #78,648 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:
Oh hey it's aerodrew. I remember you from the M-100 thread. :p
Did you ever get your avatar laser engraved on a shield?

here it is, a higher DPI could work better, but I'm satisfied. Hope to make more in the future

Oh nice! That didn't turn out too bad but the hair part looks a bit odd. What's supposed to be on top of her hair?

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #78,649 of 177,744
I'm quite tempted to get it for $320... Lol
Or the UM3X for $240...

Both my friend and I (he owns the MDs and owned the HD600) think the MD has a better soundstage than the HD600. The HD600's soundstage is NOT impressive at all for an open backed headphone. If you're a soundstage man, get the K/Q701/2

Okay, thanks lol

At least SQwise the SM64 would be an upgrade to the UM3X. Better treble and the mids are supposed to be almost on 334 level. But if you go for the UM3X I would get the version with removable cable if I were you.

Oh I did not expect that from a closed headphone... I never really cared for full-size phones though :-D

At its very core, this hobby is all about learning how to get the best for your money...

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #78,650 of 177,744
Quote:
At least SQwise the SM64 would be an upgrade to the UM3X. Better treble and the mids are supposed to be almost on 334 level. But if you go for the UM3X I would get the version with removable cable if I were you.

Oh I did not expect that from a closed headphone... I never really cared for full-size phones though :-D

At its very core, this hobby is all about learning how to get the best for your money...

Have you ever heard the GR07?
I'm looking for an upgrade from it. Punchy sub bass and intimate female vocals...
Does the general sound sig of the SM64 fit that?
And how's the treble? I've heard some say earsonics are even darker than the LCD2 D:

Yup, the soundstage is quite good size wise. You can still tell it's closed back though. Hard to explain...

I generally listen to full size only, except for the one or 2 times per month I have to go out of my house on a trip where I'm not driving XD

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #78,652 of 177,744
Quote:

Aaand another megabuck IEM with replaceable cables and everything breaks while his  $10 SHE3580 chugs on
rolleyes.gif

Replaceable cables are as much a liability as an asset reliability-wise
confused.gif

Yeah I get that feeling as well. 

When I initially got my CIEMs I used to remove the cables after every use to make cleaning the earpieces easier but don't bother these days. Too paranoid the socket might break. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #78,654 of 177,744
I'm looking for an upgrade from it. Punchy sub bass and intimate female vocals...
And how's the treble? I've heard some say earsonics are even darker than the LCD2 D:

Yup, the soundstage is quite good size wise. You can still tell it's closed back though. Hard to explain...

I generally listen to full size only, except for the one or 2 times per month I have to go out of my house on a trip where I'm not driving XD

The um3x would fit that bill for female vocal.

Jun 14, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #78,657 of 177,744
HD800's up for F/S if anyone interested. Over and out....

Sigh, if only I had more money and shipping wasn't a killer :frowning2:

The um3x would fit that bill for female vocal.

But how's the bass and treble? Lol

Jun 14, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #78,659 of 177,744
Oh, and I got up to episode 5 of aku no Hana tonight... It's surprisingly intense! :xf_eek:
And also, instead of going to bed like I should, I spent time randomly watching various OPs/EDs...
Stumbled across the clannad and after story OP/ED...
Gawd I need to rewatch it so bad before going off to college... All those feels...
And it's one of the few anime that have 5.1 sound, which is absolutely glorious!

Jun 14, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #78,660 of 177,744
Sigh, if only I had more money and shipping wasn't a killer :frowning2:
But how's the bass and treble? Lol

It have soft treble and punchy bass actually. Its a pretty good iem. I usually use it to listen to vocaloid,anime song or other female vocal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back