Jun 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #78,602 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:
What is Nightcore?

http://bit.ly/15q98jC

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nightcore

Sounds like some kind of happy hardcore....oh the horror :|

Oh dang you beat me to the lmgtfy link. XD

Yeah it's the type of music where they always have anime backdrops on U Tub3....and is the kind of music they play at Sakura-Con since otaku love that kind of music apparently (must be their love for unnatural-sounding high-pitched voices).

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #78,604 of 177,744
Quote:
Welp.... the right connector of my UE11 broke  : /
It only works if I hold it at certain angles...
putting it for sale, how much do you guys recon it's worth?

I'd say 50% of a new one. 
Quote:
Blegh, stupid freaking yahoo auctions proxy I was using... >_<
Thought I won the auction on an SR-2050 rig, but turns out I bid the same amount as someone else AFTER they bid, so I didn't know I lost :frowning2:

Sigh... I had great hope in you. Although the SR 2020 is also pretty affordable. Given that they all sound pretty similar, and only $70 more, it shouldn't be too bad to go with that one

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #78,606 of 177,744
Quote:
Audeze should make OLED headphones... 

What does Grado's SR come from? 

Wow, pretentious abbreviations are pretentious!

Definitely more interesting than "Dynamic Telephone" (Beyerdynamic) or "Micro Dynamic Receiver" (Sony) though. 

Grado's SR stands for Sadistic Rush after listeners who had a very satisfying and sensational feeling from hearing Rush through their headphones.

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #78,612 of 177,744
Quote:
I'd say 50% of a new one. 
Sigh... I had great hope in you. Although the SR 2020 is also pretty affordable. Given that they all sound pretty similar, and only $70 more, it shouldn't be too bad to go with that one

That sounds about right.

Quote:
Ouch, why don't you contact UE and see how much it would cost to repair?
Seems like they could repair it for cheap while reshelling it...
But it's not going to be worth very much. Are you going to get another CIEM?

because I need cash to fund P-IA development. (I'm already borrowing quite a bit from my dad.....)

Not in the mean time.

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #78,613 of 177,744
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21579462-almost-unnoticed-un-about-fight-its-first-war-gamble-worth-taking-art

The U.N is about to "fight its first war". This is the first war where the U.N will personally command troops using their own officers and what not. The troops are of course from member states. They will be under the U.N banner and are being sent into Congo to stop Congo rebels who are currently raping, pillaging, and destroying. 

The question remains of how effective this will be, and if the U.N has the ability to do this, and the ultimate question is if it is even a good idea for the U.N to have its own 'wars' in a sense. 

Either way, I'm interested in seeing how this will turn out. The Congo rebels obviously couldn't understand fancy words in a fancy envelope sent to them with strong words telling them to stop. A few fancy U.N marked AK-47's shoved at them may be a better language to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back