「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 22, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #61 of 177,745

Quote:
My Dearest for sure. I can't wait for the next episode of Guilty Crown today. 
o2smile.gif

me too :) decent opening :) and good story. only thing that ircked me was that they blatantly copied Code Geass in the first 2 episodes, probably to get vieweres. they aren't anymore...but still

Dec 23, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #62 of 177,745
I am working through the Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam soundtrack now. AMAZING stuff. I'll have to try it on my speaker rig once the DAC comes in.

This is like the stuff they use to test high-end equipment.

Dec 23, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #63 of 177,745

Quote:
I am working through the Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam soundtrack now. AMAZING stuff. I'll have to try it on my speaker rig once the DAC comes in.

This is like the stuff they use to test high-end equipment.

i didn't like that show. it's getting closer and closer to my drop list

Dec 23, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #64 of 177,745
I find Guilty Crown has too much fan service. Anime is overloaded with fanservice these days, the only recent series I'm enjoying is Fate/Zero which is odd because I hated Fate Stay Night.

EDIT: oh, this is the anime music thread :xf_eek:

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #65 of 177,745
You can discuss anime here if you want
bigsmile_face.gif

@LastExile The anime is just the epitome of a true fanservice anime trying to be hidden among the genre and all the aspects that come along with it. An inexperienced anime fan may be fooled by the veil of it but a seasoned anime watcher is more than likely to be frustrated by it. I can take fanservice anime in general, as you can see with my list, but I am appalled by an anime trying to be something it is not. Last Exile is trying to be a serious action adventure anime when in reality it is GONZO gasping for air, trying to become relevant in anime again. They may do it with this anime and frankly, I'd be really happy with gonzo back in the game; they're a good company. It's just that I cannot stand the anime they have made.

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #66 of 177,745

Quote:
You can discuss anime here if you want
bigsmile_face.gif

@LastExile The anime is just the epitome of a true fanservice anime trying to be hidden among the genre and all the aspects that come along with it. An inexperienced anime fan may be fooled by the veil of it but a seasoned anime watcher is more than likely to be frustrated by it. I can take fanservice anime in general, as you can see with my list, but I am appalled by an anime trying to be something it is not. Last Exile is trying to be a serious action adventure anime when in reality it is GONZO gasping for air, trying to become relevant in anime again. They may do it with this anime and frankly, I'd be really happy with gonzo back in the game; they're a good company. It's just that I cannot stand the anime they have made.

yeah..gonzo..is basically gone. the last series i kinda enjoyed(but ended half butted) was linebarrels of iron :frowning2:
Guilty Crown is pretty good. kinda slow and has many meh momments. 

The main character just became cool...and then it happened!!! he went back to wimpy ness!

Fate is prety high quality. but due to how it has two season speratations...its also kinda slow to watch.

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #67 of 177,745
I can't stand shoe, he's a wimpy protagonist. Lelouch was a well designed character, shoe is meh.

Fate/Zero isn't plagued by the silly fan service of FSN. It's probably my favorite series of 2011.

As much as I hate Guilty Crown, the animation + production is amazing. I'll give it that.

Dec 23, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #68 of 177,745

Quote:
I can't stand shoe, he's a wimpy protagonist. Lelouch was a well designed character, shoe is meh.
Fate/Zero isn't plagued by the silly fan service of FSN. It's probably my favorite series of 2011.
As much as I hate Guilty Crown, the animation + production is amazing. I'll give it that.

Shoe? as in shou the main character of guilty crown? I know most companies start out with wimpy characters to show change. but as many anime's have shown. you don't need to
service....i wish there was at least a bit MORE
Guilty crown is very very annoying at times. kinda hard to watch sometimes. it's a good show. however, not absolutley amazing nor memorable

Dec 23, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #69 of 177,745
Shoe? as in shou the main character of guilty crown? I know most companies start out with wimpy characters to show change. but as many anime's have shown. you don't need to
service....i wish there was at least a bit MORE
Guilty crown is very very annoying at times. kinda hard to watch sometimes. it's a good show. however, not absolutley amazing nor memorable

Shu, I like to call him shoe. I can predict his change. Especially with the last episode.

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #73 of 177,745

Quote:
me too >_<

too busy having a jam session :)
Just got all my remainder songs in lossless. not even that. I got the 6Minute song Hotel California in close to the top quality avaible. The file is 250MB in FLAC :) 192KHz :) now...

tmmrw...gonna watch some guilty crown :) and some persona

Dec 24, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #74 of 177,745

Quote:
i didn't like that show. it's getting closer and closer to my drop list

Been reading some good reviews on Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam, and I think they've hit the nail on the head as to why I'm not totally enamored with it.  The characters just don't seem to matter to me, at this point in the series.  It's pretty as all get out, and I love the aesthetic, but the story is a little thin and empty except for wanting to kick the kneecaps off some of the antagonists.

I'm hoping Guilty Crown isn't one of those that I get frustrated because of the stupid and spineless protagonist.  The only reason FSN was anywhere near bearable for me is because I was already a fan of the IP and pretty much took the whole anime as a fan service.  I joked with a friend that the series basically became about what horrific way the protagonist was going to get injured this week.  It was just frustrating because he wanted to be some kind of hero and had about as much of a grasp of reality and his own shortcomings as an inbred chihuahua.  Sure didn't help that they tried to bring in elements of some of the other storylines and just didn't do a good job meshing them into the storyline they "chose" to portray.

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #75 of 177,745
To be honest, it was never as captivating as the original in any way. However, the franchise has always been slow at building up, and my opinion is subject to change. However, the soundtrack is brilliant. Musically, it is up there with the Madoka and Ao no Exorcist ones, but less formulaic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back