「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 30, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #72,857 of 177,745
Just RMA-ed my BA200

now all I need is a cheap tiny PMP with video and the entertainment pack for military service will be complete

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #72,859 of 177,745
Just realized the last two previous posts started with "Just"

So according to atom, the reason we've been getting all the new members is because me, Tracey and Haley are going into heat. Let's assume that this miraculous synchronization of bodily functions holds true. Your thoughts and opinions?

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #72,862 of 177,745
Quote:
Just realized the last two previous posts started with "Just"

So according to atom, the reason we've been getting all the new members is because me, Tracey and Haley are going into heat. Let's assume that this miraculous synchronization of bodily functions holds true. Your thoughts and opinions?

I'm just plain tired....happens every month so don't mind if I don't post too much during this period of tiredness.

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #72,865 of 177,745
Apr 30, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #72,866 of 177,745
Was the coke the fizzy kind or the powdery kind. 

I would guess the powdery kind, knowing kids these days.

Welp, just took down my first poster of a car to fit my anime calender :D

Was thinking of not putting it up, then I realized I spent $110 on the set so might as well...

$110 for a calender? What the hell dude.
My most expensive fountain pen is way cheaper than that.

So I just caught up to the Shingeki no Kyojin manga. Now, I don't know what to do with myself. I read it all in one go too. Still gonna wait for the weekly anime though but idk if the experience is going to be as good as not knowing. Idk why I keep doing this lol.

Lol. That's why I never read the manga of an anime I'm watching until after the anime finished airing.
Though in reality I tend to either read the manga or watch the anime.

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #72,867 of 177,745
The Netherlands is without head of state right now. No monarch. Nothing.

The queen just abdicated her throne, and it'll take a few hours until the king finishes his oaths and stuff.

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #72,868 of 177,745
Quote:
The Netherlands is without head of state right now. No monarch. Nothing.

The queen just abdicated her throne, and it'll take a few hours until the king finishes his oaths and stuff.

Is a monarch truly necessary in this day and age?

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #72,869 of 177,745
Is a monarch truly necessary in this day and age?

Necessity is irrelevant in this case. A monarch works as a symbol for the people, something invoking a feeling of patriotism. Nearly all the Dutch loved their queen, and so will nearly all Dutch love their king.
The monarch does not have any political power whatsoever, and only serves a ritual, symbolical and diplomatic purpose. The only argument against having a monarch would be ethics or the monetary costs of having one. However, people tend to favor tradition and cultural pride over such trivialities.

In short, the reasons for a monarch are pride and tradition, which are more important than you may think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back