「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 3, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #69,286 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:
Nice! That's a good photo with the CD. :p

I actually liked the MDR-V6's. They're not bad for the price but the treble and upper-mids sound metallic-like to me.

Yeah, that pic is full of eargasmic objects.

After listening to the HD280 first, everything started sounding horrible compared to it. I couldn't find one in that price range their that had the entire bundle that the HD had. It was far cleaner than the others and just overall the best.

Hm, I'll need to give the HD280 a try then. I think Odegaard Library used to have those but they always grossed me out since they were public headphones. >_<

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #69,287 of 177,745

Yep
Yeah, they were very understanding and cool that we were only there to browse. I explained that I was looking for a graduation present :)
Yeah, overall they were cool to talk to. Except one said the momentum sounded good at $350... -_-
Sorry, for $25 more I'd take their HE-5.
Oh and they had audioengine speakers too. Thinking of getting a pair for le dorm...
Haha, that transport was twice as much as Project H!
Yup, t'was a cool place to go check out :D
Bah, we'll be coming back eventually to go to UW for other various things. 
That and Echo ships as well :)

Momentums and amperiors audiophilia and sonic wise are garbage at the price. $150 for them. The build of the amperior and the reason for its sound and uses do raise it but not to $300. $200-$230 maybe.

I think you just quoted me on the Garden thing though. It was back when I started on the thread.

Wapanese concept of English lyrics duh. Always facepalm when English parts come up on a song since it ruins the otherwise nice lyrics. Even crap-pop (i.e. k-pop) has relatively okay lyrics until they get to the english part, and probably what gives off the bad impressions.

I thought it mixed together very well

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #69,288 of 177,745
I think the HD280 are a bit terribad in terms of tonality (dat treble is just bleh) and not really impressive otherwise, but my opinion is just another arsehole in the deep sea of arseholes. If there was a SRH440 would go for those again between the two, easy.

Screw the F111, saving money with my ER4P (impressions are way too similar to the ER4P, and design wise). Even though the shells are much better. I'll just stop and buy the RE-400 from the guy I loaned them off of. Then no more IEMs until I get enough saved for the C435. Otherwise I'm standing here with a $500 deficit. 

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #69,289 of 177,745

Quote:
I think the HD280 are a bit terribad in terms of tonality (dat treble is just bleh) and not really impressive otherwise, but my opinion is just another arsehole in the deep sea of arseholes. If there was a SRH440 would go for those again between the two, easy.

Screw the F111, saving money with my ER4P (impressions are way too similar to the ER4P, and design wise). Even though the shells are much better. I'll just stop and buy the RE-400 from the guy I loaned them off of. Then no more IEMs until I get enough saved for the C435. Otherwise I'm standing here with a $500 deficit

The treble looks pretty fixable with a bit of EQ though.

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #69,290 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, they were very understanding and cool that we were only there to browse. I explained that I was looking for a graduation present
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, overall they were cool to talk to. Except one said the momentum sounded good at $350... -_-
Sorry, for $25 more I'd take their HE-5.
Oh and they had audioengine speakers too. Thinking of getting a pair for le dorm...
Haha, that transport was twice as much as Project H!
Yup, t'was a cool place to go check out
biggrin.gif

Bah, we'll be coming back eventually to go to UW for other various things. 
That and Echo ships as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Momentums and amperiors audiophilia and sonic wise are garbage at the price. $150 for them. The build of the amperior and the reason for its sound and uses do raise it but not to $300. $200-$230 maybe.

I dunno about the Momehntums, but the Amperiors were like nails on a chalk board to me, and the mids sounded really hollow or metallic. I don't know how people can like those.......likewise goes for the Ultrasone PRO900, which is the Amperior's sibilance but 9001 times worse even when amped.

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #69,291 of 177,745
Quote:

It's so peaky and dulled down detail-wise I would not bother unless I changed my name to joebloggs, became a parametric curve master, and suddenly had 40 hours of my spare time to sit down and listen to sweeps. And even then the pungent smell of arse and lack of substance in the treble would still strongly linger.

We had these in the computer lab at "summer camp" and nothing could redeem that peaky and somehow backwards treble. Or the weird stage. Or the not-huge-in-quantity-but-still-flabby bass. Kay now I'm just arbitrarily hating on them.

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #69,292 of 177,745
Quote:

Screw the F111, saving money with my ER4P (impressions are way too similar to the ER4P, and design wise). Even though the shells are much better. I'll just stop and buy the RE-400 from the guy I loaned them off of. Then no more IEMs until I get enough saved for the C435. Otherwise I'm standing here with a $500 deficit. 

Where's your anime spirit? No Monet-chan?

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #69,293 of 177,745
Quote:

No SRH440 there = no way of me being able to see hear if they're better or not.

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #69,294 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:

It's so peaky and dulled down detail-wise I would not bother unless I changed my name to joebloggs, became a parametric curve master, and suddenly had 40 hours of my spare time to sit down and listen to sweeps. And even then the pungent smell of arse and lack of substance in the treble would still strongly linger.

We had these in the computer lab at "summer camp" and nothing could redeem that peaky and somehow backwards treble. Or the weird stage. Or the not-huge-in-quantity-but-still-flabby bass. Kay now I'm just arbitrarily hating on them.

Lawl
I didn't actually hear them so I won't comment anything. The treble did seem a bit sharply rolled off at the very top, which I dislike so I don't think I'd really like them. Then again, anything below $300 (and now even higher than that) doesn't look appealing to me 
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #69,295 of 177,745
only 50 posts in 3 hours?

What happened to the thread????????

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #69,298 of 177,745
Quote:
Where's your anime spirit? No Monet-chan?

I'll just get anime-print-logos on my W4 reshells or something.
Monet-chan looks really pervy to me for whatever reason. Like some secret shota-con tsundere. No one with that sort of haircut can be a sane person. The people working there must really like H or something. They're already self-proclaimed Gundam nerds.

Quote:
No SRH440 there = no way of me being able to see hear if they're better or not.

You can see that they're better as well. Cooler glossy plastic and just a cooler build. 
Sound quality is overhyped, who cares about that stuff? 

Quote:
Lawl
I didn't actually hear them so I won't comment anything. The treble did seem a bit sharply rolled off at the very top, which I dislike so I don't think I'd really like them. Then again, anything below $300 (and now even higher than that) doesn't look appealing to me 
tongue.gif

They'd make really good/stylish cup holders since the cups are so large. That's redeeming.

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #69,300 of 177,745

Users who are viewing this thread

Back