「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 31, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #46,866 of 177,747
Dec 31, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #46,869 of 177,747
Hmmm. Sucks to be you.

Actually, I'm not sure. There's supposed to be one somewhere in town, but every time I drive by it it's always closed. Oh well, I'll find out today when I drive by it...
But yes, it does suck living in a small town with not many asians in it... :frowning2:

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #46,871 of 177,747
MOURETSU Space Diary: Entry №4

Well what I thought as a boring arc seems to be quite entertaining, if a bit facepalm-inducing. So ep. 13 up to 18 is what I'd call the Business Arc, in which the show explains how piracy in their world is more like a commerce business, complete with dealings with insurance companies and clients seeking their pirating services. Also in this arc is the unveiling of Bentenmaru's insurance agent, Show. Not only does he have an awesome afro, there's something to his voice and bearing that makes me like him as a character. The arc, as expected, shows how Marika develops some more to become a quite ruthless businesswoman, not bowing under pressure when the tough decisions need to be made. But as always for an air-head, albeit quite one with a formidable sharp mind, ironically, she does need a little bit push for more of her plans to work, and that's where most of her friends come in.

All in all, I thought that this arc is a little bit weak at the start, but ended up quite entertaining. Oh I almost forgot. I would be remiss not to mention that there's more yuri romantic action! It's a given that a show that has a lot of female cast; a casual one that isn't focused on luring male introverts that only want to see 2D boobs and ass; has romantic yuri relationship(s) that doesn't need to be ecchi.

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #46,873 of 177,747
MOURETSU Space Diary: Entry №5

It's a shame, I think, that I didn't watch Mouretsu Pirates as it aired, but doing this marathon showed me something else positive about that. The start of the new arc at ep. 19 was kind of too SoL and bland. The yatch club is doing club activities, Marika cleans up the Bentenmaru after the last missions, and there's a yatch race held. Sounds kind of boring, and it is for the first couple of episodes of the Race Arc. I would think that I can get too bored of it and drop it while it aired LOL. But somehow, just at the point where I thought that I would drop the show, it presented just enough about something else to make me remained hooked to the show. More to their credit, the music used in the anime all worked wonderfully, whether to show how majestic outer space is, or to convey the gravity of the dangers of it.

It's a shame, again, that I only just finishing this show now. And the next arc looks like it'll go out in a bang, so to speak.

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #46,874 of 177,747
Finish Xam'd lost memories. I can say that it's similar when compared to RahXephon w/ the animation :p especially the ending. But nowhere near as good :p

My thoughts on Xam'd ending
So, aikiyabi comes back at the end, but it doesn't have a meaningful impact ):< 

Nakiami just went hasta la vista... time for them to wait a millennium. 

Dam, overall the story was better than RahXephon, but the ending brought it down. That's where RahXephon finishes strong and pwns the living **** out of a lot of works. RahXephon = only complete bones ending before they remade Full Metal Alchemist. Even then, only BOSS ending. 

Now that I think about it, Haru's thoughts somehow get to people b/c she's a tomoyabi or something. That let Akiyabi remember himself, and set himself free from stone.

As for nakiami. lawl. Looks like since she wanted people to live, she ended up sacrificing herself n stayin' for a millennium. 

Lawl. I thought it would've been Akiyabi + Nakiami n Furuichi + Haru. Commander and his assistant never saw the mama ): wait... or did he get to see her w/ out the assistant a few eps before the end. Usually if you get shot point blank in the face, it's hasta la vista >_>

OH, the picked up Bakayuki when he was stone n went home, didn't see that part.

and OH, nakiyami went to sleep for millennium b/c she sealed the king. The beast w/ out memories. So as for nakiyami, she just goes to sleep for a longggggggggggg time. Everyone else still waiting for her (Crew n Yango), but haru n bakayuki n the ppl on the island.

Not the best ending... especially when I've had to think about it for it to make sense. I'll have to rewatch everything again for it to completely make sense, but OMG. That'd be too long for a satisfying ending. You make the whole ****ING series great, and end it good but not FANTASTIC like RahXephon. Way to go, Bones.

edit:

bakayuki coming back is actually meaningful. Wrote the spoiler over the length of an hour of htinking lol.

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #46,875 of 177,747
Still have to watch 12 episodes of Full Metal Panic until I'm done with this season. It's 23:13 right now. It's probably going to be 4 or 5 AM before I finish this, and I have to get up at 9 in the morning tomorrow. As much as I would love to do a marathon, I'm gonna have to pass.
It is a decision I deeply regret, but I know it's the best thing to do. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back