「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 23, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #41,732 of 177,747
Man I need a smaller keyboard but I don't know what to do with my old one... I got the g110, but there's like 3 inches on the side extra for the macro keys and now I can't put my mouse onto my slide-out keyboard thing on my desk. Been annoying as hell for the past 3 months.

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #41,733 of 177,747
Quote:
@Bowei: The mouse is the "Legend" edition of the discontinued IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 which was a great mouse.

EVERYONE had one of those mouses. Including me. That bugger lasted a decade. But none the less, why buy a "Legend" edition of a mouse from way way back..... when you can get a mouse from today with better (subjective) ergonomics and looks(you won't like the looks of the ones further down the list) but I understood why you had that mouse as an option. 

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #41,734 of 177,747
Here's what I'm looking at now:

-ASRock H77M ($60)
-Core i3-3220 ($120)
-G.SKILL 8GB ($25)
-OCZ 60GB SSD ($60)
-3TB Barracuda ($90)
-Asus DVD Burner ($20)

Total: $375

Maybe I could find a free or el cheapo case+psu, maybe not. I'm contemplating just skipping the hassle and buying new stuff. I'm not necessarily stuck at strictly $400, so I think I could pull it off. Bowei mentioned Rosewills with included psu's earlier, but this can come out to the same price and looks nicer?:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147023 ($30 case)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026 (Same psu from before)

Or if I want to save, I could eschew the SSD (and maybe get a new mouse instead because mine SUCKS). Yeah it's better, but I'm pretty sure I'd still be functional without it. My friend's 4-year old Macbook handles most of this stuff most of the time, so I'm not sure I absolutely need to take it quite that far.

Decisions...

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #41,735 of 177,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how intensive 100 plugsis in for that is but the i3 3220 has four threads and 2 physical cores

Depends. Some plugins (like Ozone mastering suite or some more complicated synths) can easily take most of a single thread/core/whatever by themselves. Luckily you can freeze the tracks you don't use ATM...

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #41,736 of 177,747
Quote:
Here's what I'm looking at now:

-ASRock H77M ($60)
-Core i3-3220 ($120)
-G.SKILL 8GB ($25)
-OCZ 60GB SSD ($60)
-3TB Barracuda ($90)
-Asus DVD Burner ($20)

Total: $375

Maybe I could find a free or el cheapo case+psu, maybe not. I'm contemplating just skipping the hassle and buying new stuff. I'm not necessarily stuck at strictly $400, so I think I could pull it off. Bowei mentioned Rosewills with included psu's earlier, but this can come out to the same price and looks nicer?:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147023 ($30 case)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026 (Same psu from before)

Or if I want to save, I could eschew the SSD (and maybe get a new mouse instead because mine SUCKS). Yeah it's better, but I'm pretty sure I'd still be functional without it. My friend's 4-year old Macbook handles most of this stuff most of the time, so I'm not sure I absolutely need to take it quite that far.

Decisions...

Haiburi got a better deal
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138366&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Not only do you get a better motherboard but its the same price because the same exact RAM is included for the same price. Even better. Sadly..not for us.

That SSD will bring the speed up mucho fast

BIOS motherboards can not use 3TB's as an install for an OS. 

Try for a crap case?? Maybe....?

Just talk to your colleges tech section and ask for a free case and or PSU if they have one

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #41,737 of 177,747
Quote:

Depends. Some plugins (like Ozone mastering suite or some more complicated synths) can take most of a single thread/core/whatever by themselves. Luckily you can freeze the tracks you don't use ATM...

Yeah. Real big things like Ozone I'd probably only use on a single bounced file of the whole song, or maybe split into just a few tracks, in a separate session anyway.

Haha, there's ways around lack of power if you deactivate other tracks and do things individually, though it's annoying and very time consuming. My current computer can barely handle a few plugins on a single track though.

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #41,739 of 177,747
Quote:
Seitokai lvl 2 ep 5: First half-decent Seitokai episode that I've seen in a long time.

I'm on ep 8 and I've been ranting about it 24/7

@Manveru
If you are having trouble asking, I could call and ask your tech departement for you. Or hell, many people or friends.

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #41,742 of 177,747
Quote:
Haiburi got a better deal
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138366&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Not only do you get a better motherboard but its the same price because the same exact RAM is included for the same price. Even better

That SSD will bring the speed up mucho fast

BIOS motherboards can not use 3TB's as an install for an OS. 

Try for a crap case?? Maybe....?

I think that Biostar doesn't have the right kind of slot for Intel though?

Noted on the SSD/HDD thing. I'll just stick with the combo then.

Crap case...maybe...but since some of this stuff is on sale right now and I'd have to end up ordering stuff today, I'd feel more secure knowing exactly what I'm going to get and when I'm going to get it. Crap case is a gamble on every level. While it could save money, I think the psychological comfort of just buying stuff alone might be worth it.

I'd be looking at a total of about $430 then I think. Not too shabby...

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #41,744 of 177,747
Meh, I'm leaning more towards just saying "screw it." If I already had a crap case ahead of time, I would be fine with it, but the uncertainty of not knowing with absolute certainty if I can get one (regardless of whether or not it's probable), or when I can get one, or what it's even going to be like physically, bothers me a lot more than ~$50 at this point.

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #41,745 of 177,747
Quote:
Meh, I'm leaning more towards just saying "screw it." If I already had a crap case ahead of time, I would be fine with it, but the uncertainty of not knowing with absolute certainty if I can get one (regardless of whether or not it's probable), or when I can get one, or what it's even going to be like physically, bothers me a lot more than ~$50 at this point.

That's what I do a lot.

look on your craigslist :)

But really, $15 for a PSU included in your package would be the same you cna get outside

I just looked on your craigslist, nothing there..

Quote:

So.... how's Shinsekai?

Very good premise but it is a bit too over...ambitoius and so fails in many area's but none the less, very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back