「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 18, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #40,969 of 177,747
Quote:
But we havn't decided on the volume knob yet.
Something like this maybe? 
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.282.Bny0m4&id=14712334174

Looks good.

Quote:

That looks really freakin cool.

Quote:
I'm sure it'll be fine...SO D@MN JELLY!

I had a FRIGGIN AWESOME TIME WITH DISTANT WORLDS!!! The music was....INDESCRIBABLE!
Started with the OP for FF8and ended with One winged Angle (FF7). Even had Suteki da Ne!!!
One of the best time of my life! Too bad no Nobuo Uematsu though...

Paradox shipped yesterday. 
biggrin.gif

Ծ_Ծ  ​
Ծ_Ծ  ​
Ծ_Ծ​
No Nobuo :frowning2:

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #40,970 of 177,747
Though in my case, I just get currently airing, knowing full well that most will have a BD rerelease.
I have 100s of unwatched anime... spread out in my internal HDD+3 external which totals out at 5TB... you have it easy

It was Rikkun that said it LOL. Bowei disagreed with him saying something like the difference between a higher and lower jack is minimal that it can be dismissed

WHAAA?!
TOMOYO IS REEEEEAAAALLY PREEEETTY!!!

Seriously?!?!? At least I have all my anime on one drive (technically 2, I'm using an old 320GB drive as overflow until I can get a 3TB at a good price.)

Huh, I remember bowei arguing for it... Whatever, I'll change it next time I get on SW.

Tomoyo doesn't look all that good in that scene, there some other, ehrm, more choice scenes where she looks better :D

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #40,971 of 177,747
@Joe
Not cool with the spoiler knowing man....but is it good?

NO.....I ALREADY SAID. That I was using the imperial scale thus 5/10 being average. 

@Mechy
Didn't really feel much for Kanon and the manga of Mirrai Nikki was...just weird.

@Borisu
Yay....why didn't you use your old O2 you built before?
hells yes with the buttons! :) WOOT.

@Mad Lust
Chuunibyou forever?

@Graph
You are a megane dude?

What the hell is baby stax?

STOP rubbing the concert into your faces. Im jelly 
frown.gif

@Jgray
Apple made them. They don't "contract" others to make it. They buy companies off and or work WITH companies. I think they may have worked with Fostex MAYBE? FOSTEX is the OEM that made the old earphones.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #40,972 of 177,747
@Mechy
Didn't really feel much for Kanon and the manga of Mirrai Nikki was...just weird.

I didn't feel as much sadness from Kanon as clannad, but I got a warm fuzzy feeling when I finished it... Much like the craptastic movies they show on the hallmark channel.
(for those that done know, hallmark channel, yes the company that makes greeting cards had their own channel, used to play D grade holiday movies that were ment to make you really sad up until the last minute when everything turned out okay.)
Also, I heard the manga of mirai Nikki was better because it doesn't include random fanservice that the animu has... And the censorship? They basically took something almost as bad as elfen lied and made it PG...

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #40,973 of 177,747
The meet and Colonge were awesome.
Got the chance to listen to a lot of awesome gear, and talk with a lot of awesome people.

Meet impressions will follow soon.

GLHF = Good Luck Have Fun
Can't blame you for not knowing it :D it's gaming slang.

Ah, alright then.

I couldn't stand Little Busters even in ep 1

This is one of those rare moments where I and the Gaijin agree.

Haha, NICE.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shi taim (no spaces in the last part). Best anime this season.

And so it is.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #40,974 of 177,747
Quote:
I didn't feel as much sadness from Kanon as clannad, but I got a warm fuzzy feeling when I finished it... Much like the craptastic movies they show on the hallmark channel.
(for those that done know, hallmark channel, yes the company that makes greeting cards had their own channel, used to play D grade holiday movies that were ment to make you really sad up until the last minute when everything turned out okay.)
Also, I heard the manga of mirai Nikki was better because it doesn't include random fanservice that the animu has... And the censorship? They basically took something almost as bad as elfen lied and made it PG...

Yeah, Clannad was much much more sad.

D grade holiday movies lol

Censorship? What did they censor? I ddin't watch it, did they include this part:

mass rape?

Quote:
The meet and Colonge were awesome.
Got the chance to listen to a lot of awesome gear, and talk with a lot of awesome people.
Meet impressions will follow soon.
Ah, alright then.
This is one of those rare moments where I and the Gaijin agree.
Haha, NICE.
And so it is.

I think the stars alligned at the right moment when I posted that. JC butchered Little Busters. Key was waiting on KyoAni to make LB's but KyoAni got super popular and went off on their own franchises. Key was willing to wait. But fast forward 1-2 years alter and they knew that it wasn't going to happen. and thus we have LB from JC Studio. The voice acting and animation was below average. Just why? LB was a front page anime due to its Key homage! They could have easily sunk in a couple million more yen and made it "better" (if possible). It already had the crowd sourced marketing and fan-ism before launch. Something that most anime don't have. Guilty Crown for example used that well, Shinsekai did as well. But no. LB had to go out and give the most horrendous episode that has Key's name involed that I have ever seen.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #40,975 of 177,747
Yeah, Clannad was much much more sad.

D grade holiday movies lol

Censorship? What did they censor? I ddin't watch it, did they include this part:

mass rape?

I think the stars alligned at the right moment when I posted that. JC butchered Little Busters. Key was waiting on KyoAni to make LB's but KyoAni got super popular and went off on their own franchises. Key was willing to wait. But fast forward 1-2 years alter and they knew that it wasn't going to happen. and thus we have LB from JC Studio. The voice acting and animation was below average. Just why? LB was a front page anime due to its Key homage! They could have easily sunk in a couple million more yen and made it "better" (if possible). It already had the crowd sourced marketing and fan-ism before launch. Something that most anime don't have. Guilty Crown for example used that well, Shinsekai did as well. But no. LB had to go out and give the most horrendous episode that has Key's name involed that I have ever seen.

Well, they alluded to it but they didn't actually show anything.
I got the uncensored version downloading now, if you use google images to look at uncensored vs censored it's a world of difference.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #40,976 of 177,747
Meet impressions:

Lambda Nova Signature
More smooth bass than the SR-202, but overall very similar. The headband is a lot more comfortable, I'll see if I can mod my SR-202 to use the same or similar headband.

Amperior
Sounds very similar to the HD 25-1 II, but the annoying peak in the high mids is gone and it's a little more comfortable. Overall not worth the price gap.

Jecklin Float
Comfort is bad, sound lacks bass and has sharp treble, but dang this thing is cool (in terms of geekiness)

HE-500
Very comfortable, though really heavy. Sound is very good. Mids feel a bit absent, but overall the sound is quite balanced. Bass is deep with nice impact, and has a good soundstage. This thing is wow. If it wouldn't cost so much, I'd definitely want one.

Mad Dog (modded T50RP)
The T50RP is more comfortable than I'd expect.
The Mad Dog itself has a good balanced sound, but is missing something in the soundstage. I think its sound signature is very fun, but a bit weak in terms of quality.

HE-6
Dang, this thing needs gobs and gobs of power. Actually the 4W per channel Burson had trouble driving it to even normal listening volume.
Sound is very smooth, and I think I like it a bit more than the HE-500, but definitely not worth the price gap. Wow.

AKG K340
Sounds pretty good, but misses bass quite a bit. Soundstage is rather good.

HE-300
Bassmonsters. Don't really like them, but the comfort is good. Soundstage is average.

Modded ATH-A500
Good overall sound, and incredible comfort. Bass is good, but I'm missing something in the treble.

LCD-3
Comfort OK, but a bit heavy. Pads feel nice.
Very balanced sound, and overall these sound really good. Soundstage is excellent.
I do think I prefer the HE-500 over this.

Koss DJ100
Way too dark and comfort is not that good. Overall still decent portables for the price.

AKG K702
A bit sharp, and lacking in the bass.
Soundstage is decent, but overall I dislike them

LCD 2
Big soundstage and airy sound. But also a bit too dark for my liking. Comfort is OK (like LCD-3).
Overall a very good headphone, and on about the same level as the HE-500

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #40,977 of 177,747
Quote:
Meet impressions:
Lambda Nova Signature
More smooth bass than the SR-202, but overall very similar. The headband is a lot more comfortable, I'll see if I can mod my SR-202 to use the same or similar headband.
Amperior
Sounds very similar to the HD 25-1 II, but the annoying peak in the high mids is gone and it's a little more comfortable. Overall not worth the price gap.
Jecklin Float
Comfort is bad, sound lacks bass and has sharp treble, but dang this thing is cool (in terms of geekiness)
HE-500
Very comfortable, though really heavy. Sound is very good. Mids feel a bit absent, but overall the sound is quite balanced. Bass is deep with nice impact, and has a good soundstage. This thing is wow. If it wouldn't cost so much, I'd definitely want one.
Mad Dog (modded T50RP)
The T50RP is more comfortable than I'd expect.
The Mad Dog itself has a good balanced sound, but is missing something in the soundstage. I think its sound signature is very fun, but a bit weak in terms of quality.
HE-6
Dang, this thing needs gobs and gobs of power. Actually the 4W per channel Burson had trouble driving it to even normal listening volume.
Sound is very smooth, and I think I like it a bit more than the HE-500, but definitely not worth the price gap. Wow.
AKG K340
Sounds pretty good, but misses bass quite a bit. Soundstage is rather good.
HE-300
Bassmonsters. Don't really like them, but the comfort is good. Soundstage is average.
Modded ATH-A500
Good overall sound, and incredible comfort. Bass is good, but I'm missing something in the treble.
LCD-3
Comfort OK, but a bit heavy. Pads feel nice.
Very balanced sound, and overall these sound really good. Soundstage is excellent.
I do think I prefer the HE-500 over this.
Koss DJ100
Way too dark and comfort is not that good. Overall still decent portables for the price.
AKG K702
A bit sharp, and lacking in the bass.
Soundstage is decent, but overall I dislike them
LCD 2
Big soundstage and airy sound. But also a bit too dark for my liking. Comfort is OK (like LCD-3).
Overall a very good headphone, and on about the same level as the HE-500

I felt the same about the Amperior. I am not paying $300 for that. 

LOL, who would buy a Jecklin Float!?

The 50 flagship review says the HE 500 with a good system is a poor mans uber STAX. 

I want some LCD 2's of course :) 

Quote:
Well, they alluded to it but they didn't actually show anything.
I got the uncensored version downloading now, if you use google images to look at uncensored vs censored it's a world of difference.

Wait? There's two of them? I don't know which one I read?

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #40,978 of 177,747
I felt the same about the Amperior. I am not paying $300 for that. 

LOL, who would buy a Jecklin Float!?

The 50 flagship review says the HE 500 with a good system is a poor mans uber STAX. 

I want some LCD 2's of course :) 

The HE-500 and LCD-2 were really nice. At first I was a bit skeptic towards expensive headphones like that, but they really do sound awesome. However, I do not think it's worth the money, so I won't buy them.
My current upgrade plan is to, over the course of a year or so, upgrade comfort on my SR-202 and get some new near fields. All should be possible for ~$500.

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #40,979 of 177,747
Quote:
The HE-500 and LCD-2 were really nice. At first I was a bit skeptic towards expensive headphones like that, but they really do sound awesome. However, I do not think it's worth the money, so I won't buy them.
My current upgrade plan is to, over the course of a year or so, upgrade comfort on my SR-202 and get some new near fields. All should be possible for ~$500.

At $700, I would buy them. 

But you also raise a good point. With $700 I could also get some AudioEngine 5+'s or Rockits or good Yamaha's used ($200 approx) as well as possibly a HE 500 used ($400 approx)

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #40,980 of 177,747
Very interesting.

Now that I got a chance to listen to a lot of gear, I suddenly enjoy the sound of my own gear a lot more. It's like my SR-202 and speakers got a really good upgrade. Amazing.
Perhaps not listening to any gear for two days straight also helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back