「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #34,246 of 177,745
@2890
Welcome you dont need to keep up but you can just spontaneously post whatever you want. :) no need to read or whatever

Welcome!

@even tan
A budget unit with a custom full objective 2 amplifier with bb op amps. And a flagship cirrus logic cs4398 dac. With a custom pcb .

Price? $170 (shipping is included already in this not real estimate)and lower if we get more people.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #34,247 of 177,745
Just wondering any one have any news of CG:R3? A friend of mine linked me to an article over a year ago saying it was in development or something; haven't heard anything since.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #34,248 of 177,745
Its akito the exiled. Its a 4 part movie series. You are in luck. Part 1 just came out. Blu ray comes out next year so no use in waiting.

We had discussion on it last week.

It is in the same time period as code geass and makes references to it but it focuses on another part of the world. As it was made after code geass and needs to be interesting. It has many continuity issues but hey. Its a movie. Its cool :)

Check it out

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #34,253 of 177,745
Quote:
@2890
Welcome you dont need to keep up but you can just spontaneously post whatever you want.
smily_headphones1.gif
no need to read or whatever
Welcome!

I just read the words "spontaneously" and "combustion" and I just thought of the topic of spontaneous human combustion my biology class is having right now. Somewhat disturbing yet amusing.
Quote:
Some people doesn't like being raped in the ear with IEMs. Heck I don't like it on my long haul flight between Moscow and Kuala Lumpur. And mine is only a single flange, shallow inserting IEMs.

Haha. Being raped in the ear?

Well, I'm used to it because I have these soft silicon earplugs I mold. I'm not supposed to insert it into my ear but I sometimes do by accident but it feels fine (and it doesn't get stuck so yay?).

@Panda: My mother said she would let me order some things tonight or tomorrow! 

I'm probably going to order the Fractal Design Arc Midi and something else with a 20-30% discount, or a good combo deal (or something rather inexpensive like a CD/DVD Burner. I don't need Blu-Ray so I can save $30 instead of getting a Blu-Ray Drive/Reader and even more money if I were going to get a Blu-Ray Burner. How many people even buy those things anyways?

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #34,256 of 177,745
Hey all, I'm back. 
tongue.gif

I'm taking a break/quitting GW2, don't really have the motivation to play it anymore. I gave out my fortune to random friends I made in-game. There goes about 500 hours of playtime over the past month and a half, crazy.

I don't think I've used the headphone rig at all in that time, it's time to power up and listen to some tunes.

Oh, new season's started, anything good?

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #34,257 of 177,745
Quote:
Excuse my ignorance, but what would a "lock" do on a DAC?

Basically just meaning that it is locked on and receiving the signal.

Quote:
@manveru
Side buttons? That could work as i will only be using optical
How about
Power button and light on front with jack and knob. Gain and i/o switching on the back?
How about glossy black color so it matches my audio gd? :p

The DAC doesn't have optical I think? Just USB and coax.

I'm not a fan of side buttons. Looks weird, plus it limits the places different people can put it on their desk. for example, if the buttons were on the right side, with my desk layout, I'd be screwed.

It's not the complete end of the world, but I really really wish I/O could be on the front, because I will use this all the time, like several times in a single day :frowning2: I could give a crap about gain being on the back. Makes sense to me. That's how a lot of other amps are.

Glossy. 
mad.gif
frown.gif

Quote:
Well that's subjective but I care about aesthetics unlike the rest of you guys.

Aw...I was going to put unit power and gain back there (and maybe something else). Oh well...

Which reminds me, I think the materials we'll be using are steel with a brushed effect (or not) and plastic if I have to.

I care about aesthetics too, haha, just in a different way. I don't think we can get too crazy with this DIY project that borisu is so graciously taking on for us.

Would it bother you a lot to have just 2 buttons on the front? Power and I/O maybe? That's my wish anyway. I guess nobody so far is too bothered by gain being on the back? Should we take a vote or attempt at some organization or something so we can start getting this sorted out?

I'm fine with that.

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #34,259 of 177,745
Has there been any...DIY speakers? Or more specifically, DIY planar/stats speakers?

It can be done, but DIY dynamics are tough enough.
That is, making the enclosure is a lot of work.

I just felt a sudden urge to try to fit this unit into two 5.25 inch bays on a computer case...

Don't.
Although if you built a digitally controlled stepped pot and a PCI interface, you could build yourself a kickass sound card for (relative) cheaps.

I'm seeing 6 drive bays for a total of 12TB!!!

I picture 24TB instead.
Or less but then in a RAID config.

I don't really care, to be honest. I should get a new HDD sometime soon, but otherwise I find my 2.5TB total more than enough.

Oh god >_<
http://lifehacker.com/5949489/five-best-headphones
At least there aren't any beats but...
BOSE QUITECOMFORT??????

Meh.
Bose hate on this forum is not completely justified.

Noice cancellation is a very nice feature if you ride planes regularly. Isolation is not really enough.
Sure you could get Senn noise cancelling headphones too, but they are more expensive AFAIK.

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #34,260 of 177,745
Hey all, I'm back. :p

I'm taking a break/quitting GW2, don't really have the motivation to play it anymore. I gave out my fortune to random friends I made in-game. There goes about 500 hours of playtime over the past month and a half, crazy.

I don't think I've used the headphone rig at all in that time, it's time to power up and listen to some tunes.

Oh, new season's started, anything good?

If you like Jojo's at any one point of time in your life, then you should follow that. I think it's a good start.

Shinsekai yori is kind of good too from what I see. Hopefully all the hope and hype that people put by saying that it's great based only on ep. 1 would be crushed at the end of the season. Just schadenfreude.

BTOOOM! seems okay-ish too. A better Huger Games (movie).

That's it from what I watch currently. There's also the other group-of-dumb-wannabe-cute-girls anime shows if you're into those kinds of things. Also more KyoAni flavoured chubby fat sack excuse of cute girls. And JCStaff's. And the other companies' pandering style of chubby fat sacks excuse for cuteness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back