「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 22, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #168,557 of 177,747
@NLNH
14424000_1158139364261919_1433073155_o.jpg
 Hmm ... 

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #168,560 of 177,747
WEW, hype fest Kimi no nawa is getting screened locally next month, gotta check out that hype.

@Ra97oR http://yournamethemovie.co.uk/

Might be in your area too, based Anime Limited.

Updated to Sierra, mac didn't explode so a good sign, too bad the main stuff are features I don't use.

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #168,561 of 177,747
Whoever tells me I haven't heard good enough headphones can shut up now. \(^_^)/

And yes, I'm plugging them into that cheap little thing even though there are multi-thousand dollar dac/amps all over the room, including one the shop owner recommended and personally set up for me.

\(;_:wink:/

To all the mean audiophiles out there, I be a rebel and will enjoy my music just fine! :)

------------

Jokes aside, these are pretty comfortable. Just a bit too heavy for my taste, especially with the long, thick cable.

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #168,562 of 177,747
Whoever tells me I haven't heard good enough headphones can shut up now. \(^_^)/

And yes, I'm plugging them into that cheap little thing even though there are multi-thousand dollar dac/amps all over the room, including one the shop owner recommended and personally set up for me.

\(;_:wink:/

To all the mean audiophiles out there, I be a rebel and will enjoy my music just fine!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jokes aside, these are pretty comfortable. Just a bit too heavy for my taste, especially with the long, thick cable.

It was fine until you used the stock usb cable, tsk tsk. All credibility towards your impressions are null and void.

We were talking about the Utopia's and we think Focal's mentality is that if you can afford a $4k headphone then you can afford an aftermarket cable to go with it. The kimber axios is pretty with the utopia and that's all that matters with aftermarket cables right.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 23, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #168,563 of 177,747
It was fine until you used the stock usb cable, tsk tsk. All credibility towards your impressions are null and void.

We were talking about the Utopia's and we think Focal's mentality is that if you can afford a $4k headphone then you can afford an aftermarket cable to go with it. The kimber axios is pretty with the utopia and that's all that matters with aftermarket cables right.

Haha, indeed.

------------

I had some time with the B&W P5 series 2.

...it was weird. As in, it was the weirdest sounding headphone I've ever heard.

When the guy who recommended it to me asked how it sounded, I barely uttered "It sounds too bright to me, and I like bright headphones."

And he stared at me as if I just denied sliced bread was the greatest thing ever. And he should... ( ゚Д゚)

...they sounded weird. The highs are clearly rolled off. All my tracks that kill me with sibilance...do not have any sibilance. In an attempt to explain my confusion to the guy, I told him that the treble isn't bright, and I'm sure there is a severe dip at around 8k (because I can't hear any sibilance. Even if I eq my headphones down by 6 dB at that area, those tracks' sibilance still bother me a bit). The rest of the highs are not bright, sparkly, airy...whatever terms you want to use. It is clearly a dark headphone, and has plenty of bass, but the raw energy gave me listening fatigue very quickly, and I feel the same way harsh highs give me the fatigue. The cause just isn't piercing highs. It's the mids, I know, it's so energetic, smooth and full, yet also...I don't know. Mids are not airy. Too much authority...or...or...<Insert random vague term that can mean anything and is used by everyone in every review to describe everything>.

I can't point out why. The mids on those headphones are just bonkers. What is this schiit that I've heard???!!

41357-As-For-A-Person-Who-Watched-Anime-As-Long-As-I-Can-Remember-And-....gif

Go home P5 Series 2! You're drunk!!! D:

Or did somebody wack you in the head? :confused:

Maybe in the mids? The solar plplexus? :frowning2:

8df38af6d63f7d4f390085d640b604be.jpg

You poor thing...

There there~ :xf_eek:

giphy.gif

----------------

PS:

I have never heard headphones that gave me listening fatigue so quickly. I don't subjectively like them, but they are not bad sounding headphones. Just..weird sounding headphones.

Oh, and they isolate well!

---------------

PSS PPS:

There. My first headphone review. Ever. Also THE best headphone review. Ever. Of all time.

I fear that my greatest work is now behind me, that from now on, I'll forever live in the shadow of my past masterpiece, the one that will stand forever high, blocking the Light while always being in my sight, reminding me with every inferior piece I will create henceforth, of what will not, but could have been, as I slowly sink into the cold cold abyss, following the tracks of the many great masters who lived past the peak of their success. ( ゚Д゚)

Sep 23, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #168,565 of 177,747
Haha, indeed.

I had some time with the BMW B&W P5 series 2.

...it was weird. As in, it was the weirdest sounding headphone I've ever heard.

When the guy who recommended it to me asked how it sounded, I barely uttered "It sounds too bright to me, and I like bright headphones."

And he stared at me as if I just denied sliced bread was the greatest thing ever.

They sounded weird. The highs are clearly rolled off. All my tracks that kill me with sibilance...do not have any sibilance. The highs are not bright, sparkly, airy...whatever terms you want to use. It is clearly dark, and has plenty of bass, but the raw energy gave me listening fatigue very quickly, and I feel the same way harsh highs give me the fatigue. It's the mids, I know, but it's so energetic, smooth and full, yet I almost feel like I've just listened to headphones with extremely harsh highs.

I don't know. The mids on those headphones are just bonkers. Go home P5 Series 2 mids! You're drunk!!! D:

Or did somebody wack you in the head?
confused.gif

BMW... So is there a M version coming? 

Or is it Bangle-fied /s

Sep 23, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #168,566 of 177,747
BMW... So is there a M version coming? 

Or is it Bangle-fied /s

(>;A:wink:>

It's just "B&W."

-----------

I hate you autocorrect...

To be honest, SwiftKey, after a certain update a long time ago, is just completely broken. It randomly cuts out at times and adds parts of words into other places they do not belong. Holding backspace only deletes a few words. Then holding it won't do anything as SwiftKey thinks it's at the start of a blank text box. The characters are capitalized, too, even if it's in the middle of the sentence. SwiftKey really went bad after Microsoft got hold of it... :frowning2:

----------------

Original post updated and upgraded! :D

Sep 23, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #168,567 of 177,747
Best review I've seen to date: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd2-planar-magnetic-headphones/reviews/10517

I'm booking my schedule for gamestart, AFA and EOY. Btw, EOY is from 10-11 december

Thanks for the info! Didn't even know about GameStart orz
hmmmm haven't been to EOY for yearss..

Sep 23, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #168,568 of 177,747

Dang...hard to top that....

Now I have opened my eyes to the greater of the worlds and know that I still have much to learn~ :beerchug:

----------

I wanna have the LCD-X more than the LCD-2!

I'm still in search for a pair of Audezes at a local store to try out. Really really wanna buy one of those based on what I have read/watched, but I need to hear them in person before I commit. :xf_eek:

-----------------

...you know your reviews are the Schiit when Tyll asks you to do reviews for InnerFidelity.

\(0v0);/

Sep 23, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #168,569 of 177,747
  Best review I've seen to date: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd2-planar-magnetic-headphones/reviews/10517

Thanks for the info! Didn't even know about GameStart orz
hmmmm haven't been to EOY for yearss..

I didn't know about gamestart until i asked kanojo about her next event
I had wanted to go EOY last year or the year before but due to the heat and the fact that it's right in August last year when I am busy with an event (Funny how it's called EOY)
(>;A:wink:>

It's just "B&W."

I hate you autocorrect...

To be honest, SwiftKey, after a certain update a long time ago, is just completely broken. It randomly cuts out at times and adds parts of words into other places they do not belong. Holding backspace only deletes a few words. Then holding it won't do anything as SwiftKey thinks it's at the start of a blank text box. The characters are capitalized, too, even if it's in the middle of the sentence. SwiftKey really went bad after Microsoft got hold of it... 
frown.gif

Original post updated and upgraded! 
biggrin.gif
Swiftkey sucks now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back