「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 19, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #168,511 of 177,747
So I went to a Kraftwerk concert yesterday with Netforce and gang. Interesting stuff. It's not really my kind of music to listen to but it was fun to see how the genre evolved since the 70s and how influential they've been. Hearing that they came back from the 70s, I was expecting more analog equipment (Moog, Korg, etc.), but alas no one could see what they were actually doing. For all we know they could have been pretending to play the synth since they were shielded by a podium thing. lol

When I saw Kraftwerk live, it was in what used to be a tinning plant. So it was an industrial enviroment, and it really fit.

Also, http://cdm.link/2015/02/kraftwerk-live-rig-exposed-really-checking-email/ :)

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #168,512 of 177,747

Also, http://cdm.link/2015/02/kraftwerk-live-rig-exposed-really-checking-email/ :)

Guess what I do in the control room when the shows are actually running lol

There's actually not much to do in the actual show for people not making the music because most of the work is done before hand.
Technical roles in the live run shouldn't be much more than pressing the GO button at the right times.
(unless something goes wrong that is... then you're in deep deep schiit :p )

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #168,514 of 177,747
  http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/09/microsoft-shuts-down-skype-office-in-london-as-it-develops-yet-another-client/

Oh boy that's gonna be fun...... I'm willing to bet that the new client will be the current web one fused together with chromium and packaged nicely into a "cross-platform" app.

If not? I'd be pretty impressed with what they came up with. (which I'm secretly hoping will be the case with minimal expectation)

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #168,516 of 177,747
  We can give unfinished/10 to Re:Zero. Seriously dont start that anime before any announcement for 2nd season.

What will happen next in the selections? What happened to that thief girl in the first ep. and what is their connection with that sword saint guy. Who is that blonde with gorilla as guardian i mean why we have that girl in the show? For people with foot fetish? Where is Rem? Where is Ram? And list goes on...

Sorry folks, that's it for the trailer, now go buy the novel!

... is what I speculate they were going for but I haven't read it myself so I can't tell.

but yeh I completely agree with you: unfinished/10.

Thank god, I actually lose frames when skyping with friends while playing.

Uhhh... software portability is usually inversely proportional to performance.
Unless M$ comes up with something magical, I don't think it's gonna help if not make it worse performance-wise.

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #168,517 of 177,747
  Uhhh... software portability is usually inversely proportional to performance.
Unless M$ comes up with something magical, I don't think it's gonna help if not make it worse performance-wise.

Just hoping they would scrap the old code altogether and have proper modern stuff in it.

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #168,519 of 177,747
Downgraded to iOS 9.

My world is back on track. ^_^

Now go back up your data *properly* and then update to iOS 10 for that sweet sweet scrolling smoothness. 
tongue.gif

It should scare the hell out of you that your valuable data is only on one device that could stop working at any moment.

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #168,520 of 177,747

Now go back up your data *properly* and then update to iOS 10 for that sweet sweet scrolling smoothness. 
tongue.gif

It should scare the hell out of you that your valuable data is only on one device that could stop working at any moment.

No need. iOS 10 already got rid of the trouble for me and deleted everything yesterday so there is no need for any further efforts.

Thankfully, before updating, it wouldn't connect to my computer either so I didn't even need to try to back them up. iOS 10 is awesome! So awesome, I actually decided to downgrade to iOS 9 which appears to by laggier than iOS 8, which I also should not have upgraded to as it was laggier than iOS 7, which I cannot go back to as they are no longer signed.

Thanks Apple! I truly appreciate your innovation!

\(^_^)/

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #168,521 of 177,747

Meh. I still don't see why he's head over heels for Emilia (I'm not in that camp either though) but sure, why not.  
It felt like the anime went downhill the past few episodes. Then they just stopped explaining quite a few things.

Also I'm pretty sure there are 6 sin archbishops with 4 remaining (Pride doesn't exist; they killed the entire Sloth camp and Gluttony). I think the original source material is still going on (correct me if I'm wrong) but the way the anime ended it seemed like happily ever after once the whole ordeal with Sloth was done.
Still don't like Subaru though.

91 Days is still fantastic, Orange's episode this weekend was a little confusing.

Tales of Zestiria I don't really understand where this storyline is going completely, then again I'm really only watching b/c ufotable.

Shokugeki I would be a bit more excitied about had I not read all of the currently released manga already.

Mob Psycho 100 is in the same situation as Shokugeki.

Danganronpa 3: Future arc is pretty boring. It's the same rinse and repeat as the games which I've seen a few of already (TheOddOne) so that's going to get less and less exciting each time.

Despair arc though is pretty insane. If you've seen the previous games or just saw a few episodes of Future arc you know that things will take a turn for the worst in Despair arc, just when and how we don't know exactly. Some of the episodes go from 0-100 (absolutely no warning). There are some mind numbing scenes (felt like I was watching Mirai Nikki again). Pretty good series.

Also, new Uchouten Kazoku airing sometime soon. Quite excited.

I just binge watched most of the show in a couple days and I can say I certainly enjoyed the ride.

I also feel it's hard to see why he loves Emilia that much; she has almost turned into the damsel in distress character now... >.>  
And yeah, there's a lot of unexplained plot points especially in the past few episodes. We'll see though if/when it gets a S2 if they can wrap stuff up or not.
At least Subaru is better than most characters in this genre who are either just trying to see as many oppai as they can or are dumber than a brick. At least Subaru has half a brain IMO.

Anything else worth watching from the season?

I started it this friday, watched up to episode 11 and decided that it does not entertain me.

Seems like I will never understand the ridiculous hype.

Re:Zero is a zero effort show in both characters and script (and pretty much anything else). Seems like stories with time-resets / time-travel are just fresh and an instant 10/10.

Personally I dig Re:Zero as an entertaining watch this season. All the characters (besides Emilia) drew me to them and I could easily empathize with each. Honestly, the time-reset gimmick never really interested me and I'm glad that became secondary focus in the second half, but the presentation and character development was good enough to draw me in every week. I could see it getting stale if you try to binge watch it though. There were some flaws here and there and alot of unanswered questions, but overall an enjoyable watch. One of the better ones this season. 

Agreed, I liked the characters as well. Even though I binged it I still quite enjoyed it!

We can give unfinished/10 to Re:Zero. Seriously dont start that anime before any announcement for 2nd season.

What will happen next in the selections? What happened to that thief girl in the first ep. and what is their connection with that sword saint guy. Who is that blonde with gorilla as guardian i mean why we have that girl in the show? For people with foot fetish? Where is Rem? Where is Ram? And list goes on...

Lolz too late for me :D

I have all the same questions you do though :p

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #168,524 of 177,747
@Mob Psycho 100 ep11

Wow Reigen awesomeness is off the chart >.<

@New Game!

My favourite show of the season ended T_T

Apparently this show is even much more beautified poi from reality than how Shirobako was, but it works, I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back