「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 2, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #154,366 of 177,747

https://www.change.org/p/entertainment-software-association-electronic-entertainment-expo-stop-patch-tech-from-exhibiting-on-e3?recruiter=308586717&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-sm-share_petition-reason_msg&fb_ref=Default#petition-letter

I watched 2 episodes of Aikatsu, found out it's about idols and cards and dropped it. 

Not interested in giving out my identity this easily poi
And I think would be better to just ignore them instead of gathering attention..

Meh discrimination :<

Kururu-chan :3

This week episode Kururu-chan is so nice, much want to bite :3

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #154,368 of 177,747
You dissing my interwebs brah :3

I was wondering why that last iTunes update finished so quickly XD

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #154,370 of 177,747

https://www.change.org/p/entertainment-software-association-electronic-entertainment-expo-stop-patch-tech-from-exhibiting-on-e3?recruiter=308586717&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-sm-share_petition-reason_msg&fb_ref=Default#petition-letter

Eh I dunno, I mean you know it's Chinese, they have their own google, FB etc and at least this time they've got their own chara design and all. Not a bad one to top it too.
What if it shares the same engine? Some VNs also have the same visual/font/etc because they have the same engine.
Also, Kancolle is supposed to be off-limit to Japan only anyway, no law protection outside.

Isnt that like the only thing technology is good for?

lol y people do stuff like this.... Reminds me of all the Puzzles & Dragons clones a while back....

We live in gl0rious waifu world

This always happens when a fanbase is too big

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #154,371 of 177,747
  Eh I dunno, I mean you know it's Chinese, they have their own google, FB etc and at least this time they've got their own chara design and all. Not a bad one to top it too.
What if it shares the same engine? Some VNs also have the same visual/font/etc because they have the same engine.
Also, Kancolle is supposed to be off-limit to Japan only anyway, no law protection outside.

It's hardly that, LoL is a variation of Dota, but this this copies everything right up to the maps, construction system and even the battle system. The entire game is a blatant rip-off. I'd say if they kept it in China, then sure, but they are going to have a booth at E3 to showcase the game, which basically amounts to trying to take credit for the game like they practically invented it. Hell no.

If Valve and Blizzard can sue Dot Arena for using their designs in a mobile game that is in no way similar to a MOBA, I'm pretty sure sueing them for a couple mil wouldn't be too hard considering they are using everything right up to the name(which is just translated into Chinese) AND they already plan on releasing the game in the near future as their own intellectual property. Might not stop them completely, but might at least make them change it so it won't be seen as a total rip-off. I have no problems with some friendly competition, but steal from others? They can GTFO with that schiit

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #154,372 of 177,747
Kekkai Sensen is good?

I'll give Zankyou the cinematography and the ending was actually more surprising than the rest of the show in that it didn't make me feel angry at the show afterward. Episode 10 was probably the best episode.

It's fantastic.Only complaint I have is that the show is too short. Very episodic (like the manga) with some overarching story sprinkled in. That's not for everyone. I don't mind episodic shows though, especially if the episodes are so diverse and spectacular!
My anime of the season, no doubt about that.

Oh and let's not forget about the amazing Yoko Kanno OST!
Is this lady able to make a bad OST? Don't think so.

The OP from the new Arise TV series is officially my new favorite OP btw

Jun 2, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #154,373 of 177,747

It's hardly that, LoL is a variation of Dota, but this this copies everything right up to the maps, construction system and even the battle system. The entire game is a blatant rip-off. I'd say if they kept it in China, then sure, but they are going to have a booth at E3 to showcase the game, which basically amounts to trying to take credit for the game like they practically invented it. Hell no.

If Valve and Blizzard can sue Dot Arena for using their designs in a mobile game that is in no way similar to a MOBA, I'm pretty sure sueing them for a couple mil wouldn't be too hard considering they are using everything right up to the name(which is just translated into Chinese) AND they already plan on releasing the game in the near future as their own intellectual property. Might not stop them completely, but might at least make them change it so it won't be seen as a total rip-off. I have no problems with some friendly competition, but steal from others? They can GTFO with that schiit

Surely if I see it as well, it's a rip-off, but I wouldn't say blatant or stealing though, since they put real efforts like original artwork, music etc. Blatant rip-off is the "real" Chinese Kancolle some times ago that actually stole almost all Kancolle designs and change it a bit. I don't think there's much to do with battle system or maps... Well, for me even Kancolle looks just like your usual Japanese mobile card games. Nothing new for gameplay. And they actually have balls to show it at E3 and they should have known the risks. So, let's say they take the first step outside.

They might change... or might not. If not then maybe they'll just rake money from it then close it. At least their ships aren't total rip-off btw, what's totally similar is the battle system.
They even got Lexington and Admiral Hipper.
The question is; Why am I even bothering myself with this? Whether the petition is successful or not, it won't make me feel anything. Plus I know it doesn't look like friendly competition, Kancolle is too big already they've carved history, I doubt Kadokawa going to bother as well. I feel stupid.

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #154,376 of 177,747
You could just go there and throw whatever you have at hand (food, chairs, etc.) at their booth screaming "death to plagiarism!". Or just find some friends and demolish it.

Why?

They are the evolved stage of kantai collection. Even better, this is made for another platform. It is evolution, if it is better than kantai, it should destroy kantai. The best product is the product which the average user preffers. Why not let people enjoy a better game, even though it is a plagiature of the original. If it beats the original, then it is not a plagiature anymore.

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #154,377 of 177,747
  Thats quite a slow download speed you have there actually. :p

Oh yeah? Well I'll show you slow!

IYpjDlA.png

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #154,378 of 177,747
Why?

They are the evolved stage of kantai collection. Even better, this is made for another platform. It is evolution, if it is better than kantai, it should destroy kantai. The best product is the product which the average user preffers. Why not let people enjoy a better game, even though it is a plagiature of the original. If it beats the original, then it is not a plagiature anymore.

During its first stage, people are saying it's easier and more rewarding than Kancolle but some of them have speculation that it might be P2W in the future.
One advantage it has over Kancolle is its US ships

Users who are viewing this thread

Back