☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016
May 15, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #47 of 442
The curry house is better thats for sure.

Always up to go there. They used to have a very good lunch option; bulgogi-style beef with spaghetti, salad, corn, curry and rice. When they took it out of the menu I basically stopped going I was so distraught. :)

May 15, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #48 of 442
Thanks everyone for a great event today! It was fun to meet and to hang out for a while. It was a real treat for me to be able to compare the HD800 vs the HD800S on the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson and Liquid Gold - and the Woo WA5 as a nice bonus! I don't know how Cavalli makes their amps sound as good as they do, but I sue do enjoy listening to them. Getting to try @Stillhart's Audio-GD DAC was a treat as well - thanks! It's a very good and natural sounding DAC.

To my ears the HD800S sounds smoother and easier to listen to than the original HD800, but I can understand that some folks prefer the original. If you have a really good DAC/amp combo with a good source file the HD800 is fantastic. Unfortunately, I have the pleasure of suffering from tinnitus and the treble peak of the HD800 hits right in the middle of my sensitive area so for me the HD800S is a more enjoyable headphone overall.

Again, big thanks to everyone for a great event! I'll see you guys in two weeks for the next chapter.

May 15, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #49 of 442
Fun day today! @moedawg140,  @Netforce, my Dad, and myself ended up having a mini met off to the side. 

Not long after others joined in and more gear to play with.

Can't wait for the next event! Hope to see all of you again and hopefully other. Thanks again @Stillhart and @warrenpchi.

May 15, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #50 of 442
@Bones1885 - I didn't know that was your dad!! 
eek.gif
 Did he have you at 10? Just kidding...wow!  Hoped you liked the goodies I brought (you seemed to be very enamored over the Andromeda...) 
beerchug.gif

Nice hanging out with you and everyone!  It's always a grand time!

May 15, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #51 of 442
Originally Posted by moedawg140 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

(you seemed to be very enamored over the Andromeda...) 

Hahah  Like I said let me borrow those Andrmedas! 
biggrin.gif
  They sound amazing. I'll bring the CF Novas after get them some time in June.

May 15, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #52 of 442

Hahah  Like I said let me borrow those Andrmedas! 
biggrin.gif
  They sound amazing. I'll bring the CF Novas after get them some time in June.

Right?  It was funny when you walked away from the area with them in your ears, we were talking about how you may not come back...okay, may not have been that funny to me come to think about it further... 
tongue_smile.gif
 haha

Would like to meet up when you receive your Nova, so you can compare with the Andromeda.  I should have brought my SE846 - I was more focused on bringing some headphones today.  If you attend the next event, I'll bring it for sure.

May 16, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #53 of 442
Fun day today! @moedawg140
,  @Netforce
, my Dad, and myself ended up having a mini met off to the side. 

Not long after others joined in and more gear to play with.

Can't wait for the next event! Hope to see all of you again and hopefully other. Thanks again @Stillhart
 and @warrenpchi
Hey! I want a copy of that picture. It's not often I get schooled. What a great memory !! Thx to all the attendees and fans, good times, good audio, good people!

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
May 16, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #54 of 442
Hey! I want a copy of that picture. It's not often I get schooled. What a great memory !! Thx to all the attendees and fans, good times, good audio, good people!

What was your favorite headphone from the mini meet? (yours are uber awesome so they don't count)

Thanks so much for securing a HD 598 for me to listen! 
beerchug.gif

May 16, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #55 of 442
So just got back and gotta say today was straight up awesome. Great seeing everyone again, hope the people that came enjoyed everything also. I got to listen to some awesome gear and my personal preference is the HD800 sounded better than the HD800s. The 800 was more musical and soulful.

Can't wait til the 28th for the Mr Speakers shoot out.

Also for those that didnt come you are missing out. This event is not like anything else. Cant really explain it, you have to just experience it.

May 16, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #56 of 442
For the record, I would say the HD 800 sounds great with certain amps, and the HD 800 S sounds great with more equipment in my opinion.  Tough to pick, but I would have the HD 800 S slightly ahead for my individual preferences.  However, the HD 800 paired with the Tungsten as well as @Donald North's DNA Stratus sounds absolutely divine.  Both headphones are amazing to the ears.  Other blissful sounding options: HIFIMAN HE1000 and ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000. 
o2smile.gif

May 16, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #57 of 442
What was your favorite headphone from the mini meet? (yours are uber awesome so they don't count)

Thanks so much for securing a HD 598 for me to listen! :beerchug:  
No problem on getting the cans for you. I have a new problem. You know the event we have scheduled for June 18th? The date we've been sworn to secrecy on? Well that date has 3 cans (all one manufacturer) for a world exclusive. It's so secret I can't even tell the prices. Well the best of the 3 is my ultimate can. As for today, I like the HD800S on the Liguid Gold.i liked this combination with the Questyle QP1R and the A&K 380. I like the pronounced second order harmonic push and the high frequencies were even, distinct and smooth. I was listening to Miles Davis "All Blues", Alison Krauss "Whiskey Lullaby" and "Graceland" by Paul Simon. On the Questye Gold Edition I heard a different presentation. I still hear the bass and low mids very similarly but the rest of the frequencies were more forward. Both amp/DAC combos were great! Both worked for me. I guess I'm jaded in that I can't take my mind off of the cans coming on June 18th. Those are without a doubt the finest ever made at any price. The Ultimare Headphone! It has no competitors and two others at lower price points. I'm dying here. I want them NOW!!

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
May 16, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #58 of 442
Had a blast today.

Heard my HD800 shine for the first time with the Liquid Gold and I prefer the sound of my HD800 over the 800s. HD800 is more airy and open to me.

I still can't put my mind to rest after hearing the Liquid Gold.

May 16, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #59 of 442
No problem on getting the cans for you. I have a new problem. You know the event we have scheduled for June 18th? The date we've been sworn to secrecy on? Well that date has 3 cans (all one manufacturer) for a world exclusive. It's so secret I can't even tell the prices. Well the best of the 3 is my ultimate can. As for today, I like the HD800S on the Liguid Gold.i liked this combination with the Questyle QP1R and the A&K 380. I like the pronounced second order harmonic push and the high frequencies were even, distinct and smooth. I was listening to Miles Davis "All Blues", Alison Krauss "Whiskey Lullaby" and "Graceland" by Paul Simon. On the Questye Gold Edition I heard a different presentation. I still hear the bass and low mids very similarly but the rest of the frequencies were more forward. Both amp/DAC combos were great! Both worked for me. I guess I'm jaded in that I can't take my mind off of the cans coming on June 18th. Those are without a doubt the finest ever made at any price. The Ultimare Headphone! It has no competitors and two others at lower price points. I'm dying here. I want them NOW!!

Yes...I'm ready to try them out as well...no matter what they won't have the bass earthquake feeling of the Tactions! 
tongue_smile.gif
  No doubt the drivers will sound very good, though!

May 16, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #60 of 442
Had a blast today.

Heard my HD800 shine for the first time with the Liquid Gold and I prefer the sound of my HD800 over the 800s. HD800 is more airy and open to me.

I still can't put my mind to rest after hearing the Liquid Gold.

Congrats on your first post!  Looks like we have another person who is falling for the LAu and HD800 combo... like I said the first time I heard it, "Don't listen if you can't afford it!"  lol

Today was a great time!  It was exactly what I was hoping for when we came up with this crazy idea a few weeks back:  an excuse to get some people together, listen to some good gear and good music, and just chill out.  The early part of the day was dedicated towards the 800 vs 800S  (I prefer the 800 still!) and the later part of the day turned into a mini-meet!  People are excited to come back for the next event and we're already talking about which headphones we're going to bring to show off.

There was no pushing to buy gear, although it's nice to know that everything is available to buy on the spot if you want it.  We listened to all the gear around, including some great two-channel and home theater stuff.  We even had a bunch of us crammed into the million-dollar home theater room getting our minds blown at 106 db!  lol

All in all, it was a great community time.  I am looking forward to doing it again in a few weeks and maybe meeting some more new faces.  And a few weeks after that, the big exclusive event should be pretty sweet.  It's going to be a good summer to be a head-fi'er in LA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back