or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 33

post #481 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcsima View Post
 

What Headphone Amp do you think will pair well with the HE-560.  Do you think the Schiit Mjolnir will be adequete?....On a budget.  Also, do you think they will replace the HE-6 with a 600 anytime soon?

 

You should ask for responses for the reviewers who have them for the best answer. Given the efficiency rating of the 560 and it's accurate, detailed presentation...the Schiit lyr would seem to be a better match than the mojo. 

post #482 of 17297

Would you say the HE-560 would be good for listening to movies in BluRay?  Have an Oppo-105 and don't want to wake the neighbors.  Is there a headphone that is almost perfectly mated for the surround sound and impact the big screen has to offer while still reproducing great music (ie  LCD2?) and how does the HE560 compare?

post #483 of 17297

Undecided on LCD2 now or wait for the HE560 or even an HE600 if they do ever decide to upgrade the HE6....?

post #484 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcsima View Post
 

Undecided on LCD2 now or wait for the HE560 or even an HE600 if they do ever decide to upgrade the HE6....

No HiFiMAM has the same bass impact as the Audeze. These are two very different approaches to sound signatures. HFM won't give you that same rumble like the Audeze IMO.

If you want a headphone for movies, there might be even better candidates than Audeze, I dunno.

HiFiMAN headphones are great all-rounder headphones, but they are the kind that'd rather make you admire the effortless and clearness than the impact and rumble.

I watched movies with the HE-6 and they don't rumble all that much because the bass is tight and extended, not all rumbly. It will make you appreciate [or not] quality acting or effects but not for the bass or explosions.

 

That's how I see it at least.

post #485 of 17297
You really don't need to spend much on a headphone for movies. I'd imagine you'd want something closed or you wouldn't be using your headphones for movies anyways. Low bass extension and good head space.
post #486 of 17297
Forgive me if this has been addressed already in this post:
Will the new pads fit on the old HiFi Man headphones?
post #487 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherfly View Post

Forgive me if this has been addressed already in this post:
Will the new pads fit on the old HiFi Man headphones?

Yes.

post #488 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

Larry I been listening mostly to current albums so far. I been listening to train,Beck,Imagine Dragons and some Classical SACD Pure DSD recordings but will run the gamut in the older recordings in the next few day and report back . I think they sound great on the newer recordings including both the Cowboy Junkie Trinity albums. They also do very well with classical recordings.  I will be also be doing some comparison listening this week as I wasnt to get the review  done by the projected 4/14-4/20 release date.   Glad you liking them with the older classic rock. I have quite a few of those albums to get moving on this week.

 

Update: Listening to the Who Tommy and Brothers in Arms from Dire straights on the HE560. The two albums showcased the speed of the transducer. The bass hits hard and the rhythm of the music is very fast.  More to come!!!

I always wonder why some folks say "The rhythm of the music is very fast" as if the headphone can change the rhythm/tempo/meter or signature of music? Fast? Wouldn't that mean that the piece would finish sooner? Or are we really trying to say that because of a particular pair of cans we can better feel the rhythm or percusive nature of what we are listening to?

post #489 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

I always wonder why some folks say "The rhythm of the music is very fast" as if the headphone can change the rhythm/tempo/meter or signature of music? Fast? Wouldn't that mean that the piece would finish sooner? Or are we really trying to say that because of a particular pair of cans we can better feel the rhythm or percusive nature of what we are listening to?
It means the headphones respond quickly to musical changes. Some cans can sound sluggish that can't do this.
post #490 of 17297

I'd like to hear a reason why I would give up my HE-4 for the HE-560, other than needing twice the money for them?  So far, sound wise, the impressions make them sound closer the HE-4....and so they should with single sided magnets as well!

post #491 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

I'd like to hear a reason why I would give up my HE-4 for the HE-560, other than needing twice the money for them?  So far, sound wise, the impressions make them sound closer the HE-4....and so they should with single sided magnets as well!

Pretty sure the 560 have a fuller midrange and have better technicality... But depending on what you want from your headphone, probably not worth it for you. YMMV.

post #492 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

I'd like to hear a reason why I would give up my HE-4 for the HE-560, other than needing twice the money for them?  So far, sound wise, the impressions make them sound closer the HE-4....and so they should with single sided magnets as well!

Pretty sure the 560 have a fuller midrange and have better technicality... But depending on what you want from your headphone, probably not worth it for you. YMMV.

 

Have you heard both to compare?

post #493 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

 

Have you heard both to compare?

No but from what I've read the 4s don't have the same midrange fullness as the 500/5LE-6, etc.

Not sure about the technicality.

post #494 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

I can answer the second part of the question.
They will, probably this year, but not very soon [somewhere around or after the Jade2 release]

Was it officially announced? I can't recall reading there'll be a substitute for the HE-6...
post #495 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

 

Have you heard both to compare?

No but from what I've read the 4s don't have the same midrange fullness as the 500/5LE-6, etc.

Not sure about the technicality.

 

What do you mean by midrange fullness? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =