or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 254

post #3796 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post

And a happy man you are...

 

Well........lets see how that smile looks after a listen... :D

post #3797 of 8541

I believe the latest firmware, 1.11 addressed some bug issues. I would definitely install. I tried EQ flat and off and could not detect any difference. PRO seemed to change and I no longer use it. And, I'd bet we will see another firmware update in the month of June.

post #3798 of 8541

Thanks AnakChan, thanks laurencewayne.

 

Yeah i know about wifi updating etc i was just concerned with the eq thing. Firmware 1.1 here i come.

 

Thanks


Edited by Sauntere - 6/18/14 at 9:42pm
post #3799 of 8541

Hmmm, curious thing..

 

When i drag and drop or send files to the AK240 it is only storing half the file. If i send an album over in it's own file only half the songs are appearing. Anyone else had that experience ? 

 

Also, does the sound change at all with hours of playing ? I love the clarity on offer here but initially the treble seems a tad rough and the upper midrange slightly shouty. That is with Dita Truth....

post #3800 of 8541
I have that same issue when I try and switch an already dropped album from my internal storage on the AK240 to my storage card and vice versa which is annoying-it does not occur the first time I drag and drop the album to the AK240
post #3801 of 8541

Hi guys.

 

I've read through most of this thread but i couldn't find a definite answer to this: Does the AK240 support displaying cover art using cover.jpg oder folder.jpg inside the album folder (like the cowon i9) or does it require that the album art must be embedded into the metadata of each file?

 

Thanks.

post #3802 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyShots View Post

Hi guys.

I've read through most of this thread but i couldn't find a definite answer to this: Does the AK240 support displaying cover art using cover.jpg oder folder.jpg inside the album folder (like the cowon i9) or does it require that the album art must be embedded into the metadata of each file?

Thanks.

I use cover.Jpg and folder. Jpg. Both seem to work.
post #3803 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutjahjo View Post


I use cover.Jpg and folder. Jpg. Both seem to work.

 

Cool thanks.

post #3804 of 8541

Loading latest version of software on my AK240,wow sure take a long time and big file,128mb,waiting for my Roxanne CIEM to arrive,ordered in March,then i will see what this bad boy can do,using BOSE noise cancelling headset at the moment,think i am in for a massive shock and a big treat is in store.........

post #3805 of 8541
M using AKR03 Roxanne custom tune for AK240. U wouldn't be disappointed. Have been enjoying for the past 2 weeks.
post #3806 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauntere View Post

 

Also, does the sound change at all with hours of playing ? I love the clarity on offer here but initially the treble seems a tad rough and the upper midrange slightly shouty. That is with Dita Truth....

 

Yes, I've found 200 hours of play gets you about 85% of the way to how the 240 ultimately sounds. Another 200 hours gets you the remaining 15%.

 

There is no rough or shouty nature to the 240 when fully burned in. Enjoy your new toy ...

post #3807 of 8541
Does AK240 + Hugo really a dramatic improvement? As I'm thinking wether should I get the RWAK240 or the stock 240 with Hugo for my HD800.

Hummm... Life is so hard...
post #3808 of 8541

shooting the pictures for my AK240 reivew and submitting it to Positive Feedback with my Roxanne review. I enjoyed writing the reivew  and liaded the Zepplin reissues to the ak240 sounds great using the hugo with it.


Edited by Frank I - 6/19/14 at 1:44pm
post #3809 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

shooting the pictures for my AK240 reivew and submitting it to Positive Feedback with my Roxanne review. I enjoyed writing the reivew  and liaded the Zepplin reissues to the ak240 sounds great using the hugo with it.

 

I know you'd rather us read your thoughts in your review, but any quick comments on your final assessment?

post #3810 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrent View Post
 

 

I know you'd rather us read your thoughts in your review, but any quick comments on your final assessment?

The AK 240 is stellar and highly recommended. In better words I absolutely love it. Best DAP I have used and heard.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240