X5 firmware version 1.23beta (2014-04-11)
Changes from 1.22beta:
1. Fixed playback of files sampled at 24bit/88.2kHz and 24bit/176kHz.
2. Fixed issue where APE files played through OTG contained static noise.
3. Removed support for APE files at Insane compression level (as player
becomes too unresponsive while attempting to play such files)
4. Fixed regression in 1.21 and 1.22 where album art display was delayed
for a few seconds after playback of a new song.
5. Added support for ID3 tags from DSD files in DFF format.
6. Fixed bug where starting playback of a song too quickly after changing
from phone out to line out caused the X5 to hang.
7. Numerous other bug fixes.
X5 firmware version 1.22beta
Changes from version 1.21:
1. Fixed bug in shuffle mode where the songs are not shuffled in the case of playing from one song to the next.
2. Track position now shows while fast forwarding and rewinding.
3. One can now press the power button to turn on the X5 while it is charging (as opposed to having the press the OK button before).
4. Fixed regression in 1.21 where playback volume of FLAC and DSD are lower than normal.
5. Added track position display for .aac files (note: .aac files do not have time indexes so only the current track position (and not track length) can be displayed, and it is not possible to fast forward or rewind.
6. Fixed regression in FW1.21 where the file formats of some music files are not displayed correctly.
7. Fixed issue with 24bit AIFF playback (there was noise playing back such files)
8. Improved stability of OTG storage connection.
9. Fixed issue where external storage could not be re-detected after removal if the OTG cable were left connected to the X5.
10. Fixed issue where the UI sometime froze briefly after disconnecting OTG storage.
11. Improved gapless playback.
12. Numerous other bug fixes.
X5 firmware version 1.21beta
Changes from version 1.15:
1. Addition of support for DSD decoding (.DSF and .DFF files, up to DSD64)
2. Rewrote lossy formats (e.g. mp3) decoding to remove mp3 and ogg vorbis artifacts and increase decoding resolution to 32bit.
3. Addition of external OTG storage support.
4. New UI for file browsing and selection of songs by category.
5. Player's screen will now turn off after the predefined screen timeout interval when charging.
6. Deleted lockscreen prompt (ie. screen will stay off when buttons other than power button are pressed when screen is locked)
7. Fix for issues with the X5 not being recognized upon connection to computers.
8. Numerous other bug fixes.
1. Volume of DSD and FLAC playback are lower than usual.
Version 1.20: Initial firmware on international release
Changes from version 1.10:
1. Fixed media library update (including hangups during update and failure to show new songs after update)
2. Support for grouping songs by albums after selecting an artist or genre in Play by Category.
Changes from version 1.00:
1. In lockscreen mode, the screen now lights up with instructions to unlock the player when keys other than the power / lock button are pressed (in lockscreen mode 2 the player changes volume directly without lighting up the screen when volume keys are pressed)
2. When a song with unsupported format is selected or a file is not found, the track progress counter (¡°00:00:00¡±) is now hidden.
3. Fixed a bug where after finishing playing all songs in sequence, the songs would play again if you turned the scroll wheel, entering the quick selection screen, but pressed back without selecting any song.
4. Fixed issue where language selection interface does not appear after updating firmware.
5. Reduced occurrence of the glitch where a track plays without audio.
6. The track progress timer now counts seconds more smoothly.
7. The display of basic music file info (file type, sample rate and bit depth) disappears after 5 seconds.
8. Improved display of album art and lyrics (album art dims when lyrics are shown; lights up (above the progress bar) when lyrics are not available
Version 1.00: Initial firmware on Chinese release
Thanks Joe :-)