- 4,433 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 5/15/15 at 3:28pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 267
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Any help very much appreciated.
I had 2 64g working fine. Didn't use player for few days while traveling. Then would only see 1 card. Swapped around and saw just the other slot!! Tried the sd in adaptor on PC and can't find it now!! Dead sandisk class 10 64g!! Not sure what caused it or just one of those things.
CDs ripped. Have dragged and dropped, but then the unit doesn't always see both SD cards? On one of them, when it does see the card, doesn't see the content?? Any suggestions? Do I need a file structure with Music>... Or just the albums? Tried to see if this helped??
Any help very much appreciated.
Did you do a library scan? Can you see the content when you browse by folder? Do you see the card in question when you attach to your computer by USB? Some users have had issues with certain brands of cards and with normal insertion errors. If the card is truly not showing up in folder view, shut the player down, reinsert, and boot. Is the card xFAT?
It seems like a rather sporadic problem cos i certainly have never encountered such issues ... regardless if i transferred via the ak120 or with a external card reader .... o well at least it still works for you :)
I found the sd card not recognized issue happen a lot after I tried to transfer files on the sd cards via the ak120. I never had this problem again after I switched to using an SanDisk usb3 card reader to transfer music and properly eject the card before removing them from the card reader. This gives me much faster transfer speed and stability.
Happened to me frequently too after I transferred files via the AK120.
Normally I just transfer 3-4 albums at one go so I don't really bother to remove the player from the case, eject the cards, etc....
Easier to power the unit and plug the USB cable.
Only if I'm transferring a lot of albums, I'll use external card reader coz the data transfer is much faster.
I'm having a somewhat related issue: When I'm playing songs on shuffle from "All Songs," my AK120 will occasionally start to play a song but freeze up. After trying to load the song for maybe 10-15 seconds, it will say "file does not exist" or something similar. One or both of the SD cards will then disappear from the display, and I have to reboot the player.
Anyone else experience something like this? It's a minor but annoying issue. It seems to be especially likely to happen if I'm skipping ahead to the next track somewhat rapidly. I haven't connected my AK120 to my computer in a while, so it's not a matter of me forgetting to properly eject the AK120. I'm using Sandisk 64GB cards and 1.33 firmware.
I am using two class 10 Scan disk cards which are recommended by A&K so its not a card compatibility issue!
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Review: EarWerkz Legend Omega and Legend R - With Comparisons 5 seconds ago
- › Companies that take advantage of audio enthusiasts 15 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Liverpool Football Club 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Tokyo Fujiya Avic Spring Headphone Festival Report 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 4 minutes ago
- › Ripping FLAC using EAC? 6 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2