- 4,366 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 9/30/14 at 3:00pm in Portable Source Gear
- $599 Lehmannaudio Traveller Last post on 8/25/14 at 3:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 267
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Any help very much appreciated.
I had 2 64g working fine. Didn't use player for few days while traveling. Then would only see 1 card. Swapped around and saw just the other slot!! Tried the sd in adaptor on PC and can't find it now!! Dead sandisk class 10 64g!! Not sure what caused it or just one of those things.
CDs ripped. Have dragged and dropped, but then the unit doesn't always see both SD cards? On one of them, when it does see the card, doesn't see the content?? Any suggestions? Do I need a file structure with Music>... Or just the albums? Tried to see if this helped??
Any help very much appreciated.
Did you do a library scan? Can you see the content when you browse by folder? Do you see the card in question when you attach to your computer by USB? Some users have had issues with certain brands of cards and with normal insertion errors. If the card is truly not showing up in folder view, shut the player down, reinsert, and boot. Is the card xFAT?
It seems like a rather sporadic problem cos i certainly have never encountered such issues ... regardless if i transferred via the ak120 or with a external card reader .... o well at least it still works for you :)
I found the sd card not recognized issue happen a lot after I tried to transfer files on the sd cards via the ak120. I never had this problem again after I switched to using an SanDisk usb3 card reader to transfer music and properly eject the card before removing them from the card reader. This gives me much faster transfer speed and stability.
Happened to me frequently too after I transferred files via the AK120.
Normally I just transfer 3-4 albums at one go so I don't really bother to remove the player from the case, eject the cards, etc....
Easier to power the unit and plug the USB cable.
Only if I'm transferring a lot of albums, I'll use external card reader coz the data transfer is much faster.
I'm having a somewhat related issue: When I'm playing songs on shuffle from "All Songs," my AK120 will occasionally start to play a song but freeze up. After trying to load the song for maybe 10-15 seconds, it will say "file does not exist" or something similar. One or both of the SD cards will then disappear from the display, and I have to reboot the player.
Anyone else experience something like this? It's a minor but annoying issue. It seems to be especially likely to happen if I'm skipping ahead to the next track somewhat rapidly. I haven't connected my AK120 to my computer in a while, so it's not a matter of me forgetting to properly eject the AK120. I'm using Sandisk 64GB cards and 1.33 firmware.
I am using two class 10 Scan disk cards which are recommended by A&K so its not a card compatibility issue!
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Questions about XB700s 4 minutes ago
- › HD 600 vs. DT 880 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)