- 4,366 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 9/12/14 at 9:28am in Portable Source Gear
- Ultrasone performance 880 Last post on 8/10/14 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 267
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Any help very much appreciated.
I had 2 64g working fine. Didn't use player for few days while traveling. Then would only see 1 card. Swapped around and saw just the other slot!! Tried the sd in adaptor on PC and can't find it now!! Dead sandisk class 10 64g!! Not sure what caused it or just one of those things.
CDs ripped. Have dragged and dropped, but then the unit doesn't always see both SD cards? On one of them, when it does see the card, doesn't see the content?? Any suggestions? Do I need a file structure with Music>... Or just the albums? Tried to see if this helped??
Any help very much appreciated.
Did you do a library scan? Can you see the content when you browse by folder? Do you see the card in question when you attach to your computer by USB? Some users have had issues with certain brands of cards and with normal insertion errors. If the card is truly not showing up in folder view, shut the player down, reinsert, and boot. Is the card xFAT?
It seems like a rather sporadic problem cos i certainly have never encountered such issues ... regardless if i transferred via the ak120 or with a external card reader .... o well at least it still works for you :)
I found the sd card not recognized issue happen a lot after I tried to transfer files on the sd cards via the ak120. I never had this problem again after I switched to using an SanDisk usb3 card reader to transfer music and properly eject the card before removing them from the card reader. This gives me much faster transfer speed and stability.
Happened to me frequently too after I transferred files via the AK120.
Normally I just transfer 3-4 albums at one go so I don't really bother to remove the player from the case, eject the cards, etc....
Easier to power the unit and plug the USB cable.
Only if I'm transferring a lot of albums, I'll use external card reader coz the data transfer is much faster.
I'm having a somewhat related issue: When I'm playing songs on shuffle from "All Songs," my AK120 will occasionally start to play a song but freeze up. After trying to load the song for maybe 10-15 seconds, it will say "file does not exist" or something similar. One or both of the SD cards will then disappear from the display, and I have to reboot the player.
Anyone else experience something like this? It's a minor but annoying issue. It seems to be especially likely to happen if I'm skipping ahead to the next track somewhat rapidly. I haven't connected my AK120 to my computer in a while, so it's not a matter of me forgetting to properly eject the AK120. I'm using Sandisk 64GB cards and 1.33 firmware.
I am using two class 10 Scan disk cards which are recommended by A&K so its not a card compatibility issue!
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 17 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 46 seconds ago
- › Trickle Chargers 57 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 5 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)