- 4,408 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 11/26/14 at 11:07am in Portable Source Gear
- Headphones for Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on 11/17/14 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/28/14
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 267
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Any help very much appreciated.
I had 2 64g working fine. Didn't use player for few days while traveling. Then would only see 1 card. Swapped around and saw just the other slot!! Tried the sd in adaptor on PC and can't find it now!! Dead sandisk class 10 64g!! Not sure what caused it or just one of those things.
CDs ripped. Have dragged and dropped, but then the unit doesn't always see both SD cards? On one of them, when it does see the card, doesn't see the content?? Any suggestions? Do I need a file structure with Music>... Or just the albums? Tried to see if this helped??
Any help very much appreciated.
Did you do a library scan? Can you see the content when you browse by folder? Do you see the card in question when you attach to your computer by USB? Some users have had issues with certain brands of cards and with normal insertion errors. If the card is truly not showing up in folder view, shut the player down, reinsert, and boot. Is the card xFAT?
It seems like a rather sporadic problem cos i certainly have never encountered such issues ... regardless if i transferred via the ak120 or with a external card reader .... o well at least it still works for you :)
I found the sd card not recognized issue happen a lot after I tried to transfer files on the sd cards via the ak120. I never had this problem again after I switched to using an SanDisk usb3 card reader to transfer music and properly eject the card before removing them from the card reader. This gives me much faster transfer speed and stability.
Happened to me frequently too after I transferred files via the AK120.
Normally I just transfer 3-4 albums at one go so I don't really bother to remove the player from the case, eject the cards, etc....
Easier to power the unit and plug the USB cable.
Only if I'm transferring a lot of albums, I'll use external card reader coz the data transfer is much faster.
I'm having a somewhat related issue: When I'm playing songs on shuffle from "All Songs," my AK120 will occasionally start to play a song but freeze up. After trying to load the song for maybe 10-15 seconds, it will say "file does not exist" or something similar. One or both of the SD cards will then disappear from the display, and I have to reboot the player.
Anyone else experience something like this? It's a minor but annoying issue. It seems to be especially likely to happen if I'm skipping ahead to the next track somewhat rapidly. I haven't connected my AK120 to my computer in a while, so it's not a matter of me forgetting to properly eject the AK120. I'm using Sandisk 64GB cards and 1.33 firmware.
I am using two class 10 Scan disk cards which are recommended by A&K so its not a card compatibility issue!
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie 2 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 5 minutes ago
- › Suspension Strap for Audeze / HiFiMAN / Mad Dog / Alpha Dog /... 6 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 6 minutes ago
- › M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 9 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 12 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)