- 4,457 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 6/26/15 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 267
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Any help very much appreciated.
I had 2 64g working fine. Didn't use player for few days while traveling. Then would only see 1 card. Swapped around and saw just the other slot!! Tried the sd in adaptor on PC and can't find it now!! Dead sandisk class 10 64g!! Not sure what caused it or just one of those things.
CDs ripped. Have dragged and dropped, but then the unit doesn't always see both SD cards? On one of them, when it does see the card, doesn't see the content?? Any suggestions? Do I need a file structure with Music>... Or just the albums? Tried to see if this helped??
Any help very much appreciated.
Did you do a library scan? Can you see the content when you browse by folder? Do you see the card in question when you attach to your computer by USB? Some users have had issues with certain brands of cards and with normal insertion errors. If the card is truly not showing up in folder view, shut the player down, reinsert, and boot. Is the card xFAT?
It seems like a rather sporadic problem cos i certainly have never encountered such issues ... regardless if i transferred via the ak120 or with a external card reader .... o well at least it still works for you :)
I found the sd card not recognized issue happen a lot after I tried to transfer files on the sd cards via the ak120. I never had this problem again after I switched to using an SanDisk usb3 card reader to transfer music and properly eject the card before removing them from the card reader. This gives me much faster transfer speed and stability.
Happened to me frequently too after I transferred files via the AK120.
Normally I just transfer 3-4 albums at one go so I don't really bother to remove the player from the case, eject the cards, etc....
Easier to power the unit and plug the USB cable.
Only if I'm transferring a lot of albums, I'll use external card reader coz the data transfer is much faster.
I'm having a somewhat related issue: When I'm playing songs on shuffle from "All Songs," my AK120 will occasionally start to play a song but freeze up. After trying to load the song for maybe 10-15 seconds, it will say "file does not exist" or something similar. One or both of the SD cards will then disappear from the display, and I have to reboot the player.
Anyone else experience something like this? It's a minor but annoying issue. It seems to be especially likely to happen if I'm skipping ahead to the next track somewhat rapidly. I haven't connected my AK120 to my computer in a while, so it's not a matter of me forgetting to properly eject the AK120. I'm using Sandisk 64GB cards and 1.33 firmware.
I am using two class 10 Scan disk cards which are recommended by A&K so its not a card compatibility issue!
- The Astell & Kern AK120
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Help to looking for a special headphone [ TO ALL USERS ] 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3